Chapter 1- Auditions

“I am your angel of music. Come to the angel of music.”

The voice captivated her and pulled her toward her phantom. Long tapered fingers reached for his face, slipped beneath the mask, and pulled. . .


“Ginny? Ginny!”

“Mmm. . . what?”

“Ginny, wake up! It’s the best news in the world!”

“Go away.”

“Ginevra Molly Weasley, you get up this instant!”

When her friend didn’t move, Hermione grinned and turned to leave the room. “Fine, I guess you’ll miss the auditions.”

Ginny came alive. Leaping from the bed and stumbling into the hallway, she caught Hermione’s arm and dragged her back into the dormitory.

“What auditions?”

“Oh, you wouldn’t want to know. Go back to sleep, it’s not a big deal.”

“Hermione Granger, if you don’t tell me right now-”

“It’s only the audition you’ve waited your whole life for. The Phantom of the Opera is coming to Hogwarts! And Patrick Wilson, the guy who played Raoul in the movie version, is coming to play Raoul here!”

Ginny stared at her friend with wide eyes. . .and stared. . .and stared. . .and-

“Ginny? Are you okay?” Hermione snapped her fingers in front of the younger girl’s eyes. “Ginny, focus.”

“The Phantom of the Opera. My whole life I’ve dreamed of seeing it, and now I’ll get to be in it. Oh, Hermione, this is wonderful!”

Hermione rolled her eyes. “Not if you miss the auditions, it isn’t. Now come on, get dressed! I’ll meet you down there.”




“State your name.”

“Ginny Weasley.”

“What year are you in?”

“6th.”

“Alright Miss Weasley, if you were able to pick your part, who would you play?”

“Christine Daae, sir.”

The man made another little note on his paper while waving to the piano player.

“You’ll be auditioning on “Think of Me.” Do you know the song?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Go ahead then.”

The opening bars for the song started and, as Ginny opened her mouth to sing, all thoughts of nervousness disappeared.

“Think of me, think of me fondly when we’ve said goodbye.

Remember me once in a while, please promise me you’ll try.

When you find that once again you long to take your heart back and be free

If you ever find a moment spare a thought for me."
Leave a Review