Chapter 22- In Love

The cast party that night was complete pandemonium. No one who was in the show could stop smiling (and screaming), or saw reason to. Hermione had turned the Great Hall into a non-stop party zone, with muggle glow-in-the-dark stars covering the walls. Hip hop music blared, and strobe lights pulsed from the floor. Needless to say, it took Patrick a long time to get everyone quiet for his speech. Even when they finally were quiet, focus was running at an all-time low.

“Well,” he began, unable to stop beaming himself. “It’s been quite a journey, hasn’t it?” There was a general murmur of assent. “When word got out that I was going to try to do a musical here at Hogwarts, my peers were all telling me I was crazy. I’ll be the first one to admit that there’ve been times this year that I thought they might be right.”

Certain perpetrators of what had been nearly daily practical jokes- namely Blaise- grinned and high-fived each other.

“However, you guys proved me wrong tonight. You all gave this 110 percent, and it paid off. You made this show into something great, and you will be remembered in Hogwart’s history. You did an absolutely amazing job everyone. Well done!”

There was a burst of cheers, and Patrick had to wave his arms for silence once more.

“There are a few people who this show absolutely couldn’t have been done without this year. Let’s give a big hand to our leading trio, who’ve all worked incredibly hard.”

Draco, Blaise, and a blushing Ginny ascended onto the stage to thunderous applause and numerous catcalls. They just stood there and smiled as the rest of the cast clapped and whistled on. After a minute or two, Ginny waved for silence.

“Wow, thank you, guys,” she said, cheeks still slightly red. “This has all been so amazing, and I just want you to know how much this means to me. We all know that this show couldn’t have happened without each and every one of you. So, on behalf of all three of us, thank you.”

People started to clap again, but Ginny held up her hand to stop them. “As a personal thank you from me, I’ve put together a little something to sing for you, and it’d dedicated to my angel of music.” The music started, and her disastrous relationships with Michael Corner and Dean Thomas floated to the forefront.

If there’s a prize for rotten judgment

I guess I’ve already won that

No man is worth the aggravation

That’s ancient history

Been there, done that
.”

Ginny grinned as Natasha jumped in, singing the back-up part of the song.

Who you think you’re kidding?

He’s the Earth and Heaven to you

Try to keep it hidden, Honey

I can see right through you


Oh no

Girl, you can’t conceal it

I know how you’re feeling,

Who you’re thinking of


Ginny’s eyes scanned the crowd and came to rest on Draco, who had just finished descending the stage steps and was watching her, shaking his head good-naturedly.

Oh no chance, no way

I won’t say it no, no
.

You swoon, you sigh

Why deny it? Uh oh


It’s too cliché

I won’t say I’m in love


The music that had sped up for the last few lines slowed again for a verse, and Ginny sang it, thoroughly enjoying herself. Hermione was looking very amused, and Blaise’s grin threatened to spill off his face.

I thought my heart had learned it lesson

It feels so good when you start out

My head is screaming ‘Get a grip, Girl’

Unless you’re dying to cry your heart out

Oh


Natasha grinned as she sang the teasing back-up part, dancing to the beat and trying to upstage Ginny.

You keep on denying

Who you are and how you’re feeling

Baby, I’m not lying

Hon, I saw you hit the ceiling

Face it like a grown up

When you gonna own up

That you got, got, got it bad
?”

The music grew, and Ginny eyes caught Draco’s deep gray ones, seeing clearly the gling of something more in them.

No chance, no way

I won’t say it, no, no


Give up, or give in

Check the grin, you’re in love


This scene won’t play

I won’t say I’m in love

You’re way off base

I won’t say it, no, no

Get off my case

I won’t say it


Girl, don’t be proud

It’s okay you’re in love


An undeniable warmth was spreading through Ginny; she sang the last lines with a smile on her lips.

Ooh

At least out loud

I won’t say I’m in love.”

Ginny finished the song with a smile aimed directly at Draco.
The End.
Extreme Dancer is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 55 members. Members who liked Angel of Music also liked 1596 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Rhapsody. The next story in the series is Wicked.
Leave a Review