Disclaimer: This is my first story here so let me get this right. All characters and situations belong to J.K. Rowling and the excerpts from the lyrics of the song “remember me this way” belongs to the composer. I am making no money in creating of the fic and I will not accept if ever I am offered. I do this for the love of writing and nothing else.

A/N: I am ENTIRELY new to this. Please review! I want to know how I fare in my first fic. This was supposed to be only one chapter. It’s a songfic. But I kind of changed my mind. I would be greatly happy if you review it honestly. I’d accept all your comments and work on my faults. Thanks!

I. Chapter 1

== == == == ==
Every now and then
We find a special friend
Who never lets us down…
== == == == ==


The gloomy weather outside the castle walls didn’t help all that much in making the youngest Weasley’s mood better. Dorms can be fun, she thought smugly. That is except if you were awoken very early in the morning by the laughter of your dorm mates! She heaved a tired sigh and continued to walk along the isolated corridor. Well, at least this place is quiet. She mused as she smiled at the portraits on the wall who were greeting her.

“Weasley!” a hard voice called out as she neared the corner. A hard body knocked her off balance. She began to tumble backward when a warm strong arm wrapped around her waist to steady her. “Watch where you’re goin’, red-head!”

“Ooops, sorry, Malfoy!” Ginny replied backing away as he released her. “Didn’t see you ‘round the corner. But for your information, you were the one who was running!” She taunted as she eyed him with undaunted bravery. She eyed him suspiciously as he tried to bypass her without retorting. “Hey, hey, hey! What’s the hurry?”

But before Draco had a chance to reply, a screeching, sing-song voice floated around the corner. Ginny saw a worried look pas across the pale boy’s face before he ducked into one of the hidden alcoves on the walls of the castles.

Ginny stood there completely baffled. She wanted to ask what was going on. But as soon as Draco was out of sight, Pansy Parkinson rounded the corner and nearly bumped into Ginny.

“Weasley,” the other girl drawled disgustedly, eying Ginny with contempt. “You didn’t happen to see Draco, did you?” She continued in a coo-y voice that sounded very disgusting to Ginny.

A sardonic smile crawled into the redhead’s face as she coldly retorted, “Why? Did he run away from you again? Tsk, tsk… it’s becoming a bad habit of his!” She gave a cold laugh as anger colored the Slytherin’s face. This is fun, she thought. So much for being in a bad mood! Early in the morning and being insulted by two Slytherins in a row!

“You filthy girl!” Parkinson screeched. “How dare you insult me—“ she moved forward with eyes intent on Ginny.

Ginny stood her ground unflinchingly. Another smile crept on her face. “Try one more step, Parkinson.” She taunted menacingly. “And you’ll see the end of the day at the hospital wing! You know my reputation with hexes or do you want a preview?”

Parkinson stopped dead in her tracks as Ginny swiftly got her wand from the pocket of her robe with a practiced motion and positioned it in front of her.

The Slytherin looked as if she wanted to strangle Ginny but did not move. She stopped advancing and instead asked her earlier question, coldly. “Did you happen to see Draco pass by?”

== == == == ==

Draco listened to the conversation interestedly. From his hiding place in the wall, he watched Parkinson and the Weaslette argue. He hoped—no! wished—that the Weaslette wouldn’t tattle on him.

As he watched the redhead, he couldn’t help but smirk when she swiftly drew out her wand. Parkinson stopped advancing as a wave of panic seized her.

Draco was awed—not that he would admit! But still,--by the redhead’s courage. Examining her, Draco noticed that the girl had definitely matured—both physically and emotionally. The old second hand robes that she wore clung slightly to her body, showing the curves that she had grew into. Her straight red hair fell to her shoulders where it curled slightly. She was definitely not the little girl who easily broke down into tears when he taunted her. He noticed that earlier…

Hey! An inner voice piped in. What are you thinking about? That’s disgusting! Draco mentally kicked himself. How disgusting to think of the little Weasley that way. What was he thinking anyway?

“Did you happen to see Draco pass by?” Parkinson’s question woke him up from his musing. He swore silently under his breath. This was it! The final question. Will the redhead tell on him?

When he saw a secret little smile play on the redhead’s lips, he seriously knew he was doomed. What was he expecting anyway? That the girl who he always insulted would cover for him? Hah! As if that would happen!

“Well,” the red-head started. “Just coz he was a total git to me when he bumped into me awhile ago, I’ll tell you where he went.” Draco heard her say. He let out a defeated sigh as he knew the time of hiding had ended. Damn that red-head. Oooh! I’ll make her pay dearly for this!

“Exit, stage right!” He heard the Weaslette add. “Think he went to the owlery. He was holding a letter and muttering something about forgetting to mail it. Um, think he was quite in a hurry coz the letter was important.. don’t know, don’t care!”

The Slytherin eyed her wrathfully before running towards the owlery.

Draco stood there completely dumb-founded. What just happened? He thought. The Weaslette covered for me?

He slowly went out of his hiding place when Parkinson’s footsteps faded away. He gazed at the red-head and saw that she was silently laughing. She turned to him gave a cute little smile—which surprisingly looked very cute—and gave him a quick nod before turning around the corner.

Draco stood there watching her leave. He sighed softly before turning around and walking the other way.



== == == == ==




A/N: So, what do you think? Please review… Second chapter coming soon!

********************
To Be Continued.
bluegirl62 is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Remember Me This Way also liked 71 other stories.
Leave a Review