Award-winning fic from the D/G Fic Exchange on LJ. "His body lies cold and still beside her; his mouth is open, an O, and his hair is drying, feathery, in wisps, over his closed eyes. That fair skin; that nearly white hair. Dead, he looks so young...."

The dark and tragic story of a journey Under...based on the Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice.
Category: Long and Completed
Rating: Definitely Naughty
Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley
Compliant with: None
Era: Post-Hogwarts
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Blood, Character Death
Completed: Yes
Series: None

Chapters: 1 | Word count: 11479 | Read count: 3818 | Published: Jan 08, 2007 | Updated: Jan 08, 2007
[Report This]

(Reviews - 50) Microsoft Word Printer ePub eBook

1. Under (Reviews - 50) 11479 words

Written for softlyforgotten at the D/G Fic Exchange. She requested "A [third-person] story sticking as close to the canon forms of Draco and Ginny as possible [along with an element of] scars." This fic was nominated for a series of awards, including Best Fic Overall and Best Dark Fic, and was ultimately given the award for Best Prose and selected for a Mod's Choice award. It is based loosely on the Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice, with many references to Greek mythology as a whole. Acknowledgement to Philip Pullman and the third book in his His Dark Materials trilogy for my depiction of the dead, and I directly quoted Betty Smith’s beautiful book A Tree Grows In Brooklyn in describing Ginny as she describes the Rommely women”“made of thin, invisible steel.” Finally, enormous thanks to my beloved beta, Kaneesha.