"Gin,” Draco said, “I feel like a ride. Will you accompany me? It’s so lonely when I ride alone."

“Sure,” Ginny agreed, and they made their way through Malfoy Manor’s beautiful fields. After a while, Draco stopped abruptly, spun round, and leaned over the California Lily bush. He gently plucked one single orange Lily and placed it in Ginny's hair. He smiled.

"It goes with your dress".

When they finally reached the stables, Ginny saw that the stable doors were closed. They were never closed. What was going on? With one soft flick of Draco's wand, the two doors slowly opened to show the whole stable floor was covered with white rose petals. In the middle of the room was a small, round table covered with soft silk cloth. On that table were two glasses full of Dom Pérignon.

"Oh, Draco," she gasped. "It’s beautiful.”

Draco took her hand and led her to the table. He pulled out a chair for her and said jokingly, "Take a seat, ma’ lady."

She giggled and sat. Just then, Ginny noticed the butterflies, all different colours, flying around above their heads. It was magical.

Draco sipped his champagne "Gin, are you okay? You haven't touched your drink."

"Erm– well, ah– I'm not thirsty," she stammered. At that moment, there was a small pop, and their dinner appeared on the table. It was a funny sight; Ginny'd never thought she’d see greasy, muggle-made fish and chips next to such fine cutlery.

"I know it’s your favorite," he all but whispered.

They had a lovely night talking of silly things like what they'd read in the Daily Prophet and what Draco had done at work lately. Ginny was having such a good time that she almost forgot her big news she had for him. Just as she was about to tell him, he stood from his seat and bent down on one knee. In his hand, there was a small, solid gold box.

Magically, the small box opened slowly, revealing a gorgeous white gold ring with a big, but not big enough to be tacky, round pink diamond. Ginny had never seen anything so beautiful. She didn't care about what it cost or which designer made it, only that it was a sign of Draco's love for her.

After what felt like a lifetime, he whispered, "Ginny Weasley, will you marry me?"

Ginny burst into tears. "Draco, oh, Draco, of course I will! Of course, I'll marry you!”

Draco then showed the biggest, most un-Malfoyish grin ever. He had never felt so happy in all his life; no one had ever loved him like Ginny did, and now, he was going to spend the rest of his life with her.

"Draco," Ginny grinned, tears of joy still running down her face, "I was going to tell you something. I can’t believe I almost forgot. Draco, I'm pregnant. Can you believe it? We’re having a baby. We’re going to have a family. A proper family. It’s perfect. It’s going to be perfect".



fin**
The End.
smarties101 is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Fish, Chips, and Butterflies also liked 42 other stories.
Leave a Review