Title: Bath Beams

By: FrecklesForever

Summary: D/G - It’s Christmas night and Ginny is in the prefect’s bathroom. What will an unexpected visit from a young man turn into?

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or it’s characters. I do, however, own the plot, so nah!

Rating: ‘T’, Just in case, I don't want to get in trouble.

--

Ah... pure bliss. I’ve always wanted to experience this, I thought contentedly. I can’t believe it’s Christmas!

I had been skating since lunch, and it was long past the time I wished to be asleep. And trust me, I should be asleep when I think I should be asleep, because I become incoherent, irrational, and my actions become incomprehensible, or so Ron says.

Speaking of Ron, I forgot to mention that he, Hermione, and Harry went home for Christmas. I claimed I had to study. What type of answer is that, you may ask? An answer Hermione was proud of.

I was sitting in the prefect’s bathroom, in a tank top and shorts, since I don't like to bathe in the nude where someone could come in unexpectedly, about to draw water into the pool. I was extremely sore from skating, and my ice skates had given my feet blisters, because, just like everything else I own, my ice skates don’t fit me quite right.

Anyway I was commenting on pure bliss, because I was just about to draw myself the warmest, coziest bath in the history of warm, cozy baths.

I read the labels on each handle. “Bubblegum Blues,” I read quietly to myself, “Rainbow Rain Showers, Cinnamon Crisp. No, no, no!”

As I browsed through the rest of the flavors, my eyes settled upon a label that caught my eye.

“Bath Beams.” I said curiously, “What in the name of Merlin’s slippers are Bath Beams?”

I swung the handle to the left and watched as natural blue water spilled out with hints of different colors. Every time I moved, a different color glimmered in the light. Silver, emerald, violet, sapphire, ruby, magenta, chocolate brown, gold, crystal diamond, and more colors danced a melody in the water, yet ever present was the original blue water that made it look divine. A pleasant aroma filled the air as quickly as I saw the colors of the water. I instantly liked it; although, who wouldn’t? It was like those perfume potions that smelled of all your favorite things and sent spine-tingling shivers down your back when inhaled.

I smiled to myself. And then I got in. No, not a measly ‘I put my toe in to feel its temperature’; I jumped into the water so that everything from my waist down was covered with deliciously warm water. A very bright light flashed in my eyes, surprising me, making me lose my footing and slip. I fell off the steps leading into the pool, tried to catch my balance, and was rewarded by a sound dunking for my efforts.

When I resurfaced, I blinked at least ten times before I could actually guess what was happening. Every time I moved, beams of light flew from the water and into the air, like those Muggle spot lights you see at those car sales lots. They were all different colors. The colors, in fact, that had been dancing and swirling about when I oh so innocently looked upon the water filling the pool.

I sputtered and eventually my eyes adjusted to the continuous beams of light. I tried not to move in hopes that some of the light would die down.

The slam of a door sounded from behind me and I whipped my head around to see a bare-chested Draco Malfoy, his shaggy blond hair falling gracefully into his eyes, wearing glare that clearly stated 'furious at the world'. He was panting heavily and it was, of course, he who had just slammed the door — hard. He turned to face the pool, and then stopped dead when he saw someone was already there. But when I looked him in the eye, I could tell he didn’t recognize me.

“Hello, Malfoy,” I said calmly. I shifted uncomfortably, practically blinding him.

“Do I know you and what bloody type of water did you use?”

“Yes, you do. As to the water, Bath Beams.”

“Who are you?” he asked suspiciously.

“You honestly can’t tell?” I asked, stunned.

“No,” he replied testily.

“Good,” I said smugly.

“Planning on enlightening me?” he drawled.

“No. I think the suspense would be good for you.”

That was only partly true. It was mostly because I loved the thought of having the upper hand on Malfoy.

He glared at me before stripping off his pants.

“I didn’t count on anyone being in here. I guess I’ll just have to go in like this.”

I know I must have been staring as he slipped into the water wearing those drop dead gorgeous, black silk boxers, because he smirked at me as he walked in. But it was me who had the last laugh, for he slipped into the water (just as I had) after being blinded by the light beams.

“So why are you in the girls’ prefect bathroom anyway?” I surprised myself by asking.

“Because.” he said bluntly.

“Because you’re perverted?” I snickered at the thought.

“No!” he said defensively.

“Than why?” I persisted.

“I don’t have to explain anything to a new girl!” he snarled, his voice laced with bitterness.

“I’m not new here,” I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Sure you’re not,” he replied sarcastically.

“Actually I’m quite positive.” I responded, imitating Draco Malfoy’s trademark smirk.

“Ugh!” he said, splashing water at me, and momentarily blinding himself. I laughed lightly and splashed him back.

An hour later, once we had emptied the pool of about one third of its water, our full-throttle splash fight had stopped, and we sat next to each other panting and laughing.

When I actually realized that Draco Malfoy was chuckling, I stopped abruptly, and he stopped too, looking at me, puzzled.

“What?” he asked, confused.

“It’s just… you’re laughing.” I replied.

He raised his eyebrow at me.

“Yeah...”

“You are laughing. You!” I exclaimed.

“Yes. I believe we've been over this.” he replied calmly, looking at me with a cool expression.

I sighed and walked over to the railing and grabbed my towel, rubbing it against my hair to dry it. I hoisted myself out of the tub and just sat on the edge, letting my feet dangle in the water.

“You honestly can’t tell who I am, Draco?” I asked softly, rolling his name over my tongue, which gave me a strange warm feeling in my chest. He looked up with surprise evident on his face.

“Not at the moment.”

“Why are you in here?” I asked a second time.

“I was running.”

“From what?” I inquired curiously.

“From whom, actually.”

“From whom, then?” I repeated him.

“From Pansy Parkinson,” he replied, hoisting himself up next to me.

“So you came to the girls’ bathroom? Your logic escapes me.”

“I’m not surprised,” he muttered.

I rolled my eyes and then laughed.

“You’re hiding from Parkinson… This is too good!” I sniggered.

He sent me a death glare.

“It’s not funny. She’s evil.”

“And you aren’t?” I questioned.

There was an awkward pause. My auburn curls had finally dried, and his blond hair had an adorable spiked look that made me want to run my hands through it. He jumped back into the water.

“No. Not really.” he finally said, before turning around and looking up at me. As he turned, his elbow knocked against the Bath Beam tap, which turned it on. Bath Beams flew out in all different directions, giving a rainbow look to the whole bathroom.

As he looked up at me, he leaned in slowly, and right before he kissed me, he whispered “Ginny Weasley.”

---

Review please?
The End.
FrecklesForever is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked Bath Beams also liked 1195 other stories.
Leave a Review