Sometimes it's wrong to walk away, though you think it's over
Knowing there's so much more to say
suddenly the moment's gone
and all your dreams are upside down
and you just wanna change the way the world goes round


Ginny was torn between packing and crying as she finally returned to her dorm after a solemn moment with Draco. Sure, it wasn’t as she wished, but now she knew the truth. She hated the fact that she never got her happy ending, but she did get a dance with Draco Malfoy. He was an amazing dancer, as some girls would say, which was a relief since some guys couldn’t even dance without stepping on their partners’ feet.

She was amazed how a year could end with such strong emotions. However, she somehow managed to start getting over Draco as her days were packed with homework and tests. She eventually found another guy who was somewhat better than Draco and was finally starting to move on, but somehow her old feelings held her back a little more each day. She’d never realized how hard it could be to get closure.

She sighed; tomorrow was approaching, and it would find her returning to her home. The train was supposed to leave Hogsmeade station at nine a.m. and reach London by five in the afternoon. She was glad that she would only have to face him for one more day, because if she had to face him continuously she was afraid she would kill someone, or at least throw a tantrum.

Tell me, have you ever loved and lost somebody
Wished there was a chance to say I'm sorry
Can't you see, that's the way I feel about you and me, Baby
Have you ever felt your heart was breaking
Lookin down the road you should be taking
I should know, cos I loved and lost the day I let you go


As she packed her stuff, Hermione passed by and offered to help her—well, if crying on Ginny’s shoulder was considered helping. Even though she didn’t feel compassionate toward Hermione, she couldn’t leave her life behind for one guy. There were other men in the field and Draco was just one of many.

**********************************************************

Draco was also torn between packing and hitting a wall with his fist to occupy his mind. Even though the latter idea sounded splendid, he’d already suffered two broken fingers the last time. He paced his room a few times before slowly beginning to put stuff into his trunk. His thoughts were filled with her upset face and her words. He didn’t know whether it was because he’d had his first serious talk with a girl or because he was starting to care.

It was amazing what she could get him to do after only a few altercations. She had changed him in a way that only Blaise could see and formed him into a different man. He didn’t want to admit it, but she got under, his skin, deeply so.

The next day

“Draco, where are you going?” Blaise asked.

“Bathroom. Just keep going.” Draco indicated that his best friend should continue his game of Exploding Snap with Nott.

Draco walked slowly through the train on his way to the nearest bathroom, only to be hit by a small body pelting down the corridor in the opposite direction.

“Oh, sorry!” the young woman began, then started when she saw it was Draco who stood there staring into her face.

Before he could say a word, she ran into the bathroom and locked it. He thought of going back to his cabin, but he knew he had to say something to her. He decided to wait until she came out and try to regain her confidence. He sat down in the corridor, leaning against the wall, and pondered what he could say. When he heard the door unlock he stood up, ready to use his amazing reflexes to block her escape route if necessary. As soon as she got out the door she turned to her right and came into full contact with Draco’s chest. She blushed and tried to escape, but he held her arm.

“I know you’re shy and everything, but this running thing has to stop. Do you know how hard it is to talk to you if you won’t stay still for longer than five seconds?” he complained, keeping a firm grip on her arm.

“I want to talk to you about yesterday,” he said quietly, but it sounded as if he had something more serious than just yesterday on his mind.

“Why?” she asked.

“Because I don’t think we should leave things like that. I—I don’t want to be a jerk to you,” he replied again in a quiet tone.

“Okay.”

He let go of her arm and stared at her. True, she didn’t look anything like his previous girlfriends; she was unique. There was just something about her personality that seemed to catch his attention, but he couldn’t say exactly what it was.

**********************************************************

Can't help but think that this is wrong, we should be together
Back in your arms where I belong
Now I've finally realised it was forever that I've found
I'd give it all to change the way the world goes round

Tell me, have you ever loved and lost somebody
Wished there was a chance to say I'm sorry
Can't you see, that's the way I feel about you and me, Baby
Have you ever felt your heart was breaking
Lookin down the road you should be taking
I should know, cos I loved and lost the day I let you go


Ginny thought she was going to faint when she bumped into Draco’s chest the second time. She knew he was cunning, but she hadn’t known he’d be smart enough to plan this far ahead. Maybe it was because of those damn glasses he was wearing, but he did look cuter than yesterday. She knew she wouldn’t be able to talk except a few stuttering words, probably wouldn’t be able to do anything but stand there and gape, but if this was fate then damn the humiliation—she had to work with what she had.

“Look, I won’t be Prince Charming and break up with my girlfriend just for you. I don’t want to be harsh, but I can’t break up with every girl just because another girl has a crush on me. But I want you to know that I noticed you before the notes. And that—” Draco was stuck for words; he ran his hands through his hair in frustration. He used to be able to break bad news to girls so easily, but now it was so damned hard. She was different and after getting to know her better, he knew she was fragile enough to break if he wasn’t careful.

He took a deep breath, trying to ignore the tears that threatened to fall from Ginny’s eyes. He took a step toward her and leaned into the side of her face.

“You won’t have your happy ending today, but I’ll never forget you, Ginny Weasley. You caught me before Cindy or anyone else did,” he whispered into her ear and kissed her cheek. Then tears began to pour out of her eyes and he wiped them away one by one until a familiar voice called Ginny’s name.

“You should go. I’ll see you around, okay?” he said gently. Then he kissed her softly on the lips and hid in the shadows as Hermione approached.

“Ginny, what happened? Did somebody hurt you?” Hermione asked as she wrapped her arms around her friend.

“I’m okay; I just can’t believe you’re graduating. Who am I suppose to talk to when you’re gone?” Ginny began to cry hysterically over Draco.

Draco left his hiding place as soon as the girls had gone. He had this odd feeling in his stomach, as if he was guilty about what had happened, but he had promised himself to be strong. He was a Malfoy and Malfoys didn’t cry.

*************************************************************

I really want to hear you say
That you know just how it feels
To have it all and let it slip away
Can't you see
Even though the moment's gone
I'm still holding on somehow
Wishing I could change the way
The world goes round

Tell me
Have you ever loved and lost somebody
Wished there was a chance to say I'm sorry
(Can't you see)
That's the way I feel about you and me baby
Have you ever felt your heart was breaking
Looking down the road you should be taking
(I should know)
I should know
'Cause I loved and lost
The day I let
Yes I loved and lost
The day I let
Yes I loved and lost
The day I let you go


Ginny had endured difficult days in her life, but this was the worst one. She knew she had to send this last note, but wasn’t sure when to do it. So she decided it was now or never.

Draco Malfoy,

I never thought you were a jerk.
You’re better than most guys, especially Harry.
Have a good summer and good luck in Auror training.

Ginevra Weasley


He wouldn’t be her Prince Charming, but he was definitely her first love.

Author notes: Well, that's the end people. Yes, it's not a happy ending. Anyway I think I'll be working on a sequel for "It Doesn't Start With a 'P' or End With an 'R'".

The End.
club24 is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Ginny's Fascination also liked 1246 other stories.
Leave a Review