Ginny Weasley lay in the sun watching Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Tay swim in the cool pond behind Harry's home. It amazed her that they could splash in the freezing water and appear so happy. Of course, they were in love with one or the other and got along so well. Ginny always felt like an outsider when around the people who were a year older than her.

It was funny really, she thought, watching Harry. She didn’t feel any regret, nor any bitterness. The fact that her and Harry had broken up a few years ago didn’t really mean anything now. They had loved each other, sure. But, they had both known that they didn’t want to spend the rest of their lives together.

Then Ginny grinned as she saw in her mind's eye the new man in her life. A man she had always looked at in contempt. A man she would never have chosen to fall in love with. She remember it as if it was yesterday. The time she had first seen him as somebody other than the stupid little boy who taunted everybody who wasn't in Slytherin.

~-~

“Ginny, I can't see a blasted thing!” Rosa snapped as she stubbed her toe yet again on a chair in the library.

“Well, I'm very sorry about that but if we're caught you know we're going to get it!” Ginny snapped right back at her. It was the middle of the night and neither sixth-year had gotten any sleep. They had, of course accidentally, left something very personal of Ginny's in one of the books and they had to find it. “You go look in the dragons section and I'll go to the fantasy section.”

Ginny had just reached the muggle studies section when she saw him. She recognized him immediately. How could she not when she had been going to school with him for five years. She was just about to ignore him and go on about her business when she heard a sniff and the sound of a book snapping shut. She was nearly paralyzed with fear that he would see her when he stood up and she gasped.

She couldn't help it. His face was red and blotchy, something that didn't look so good against his normally pale skin, and his eyes were swollen. She could tell immediately that he had been crying.

“What are you looking at, Weasel? And what are you doing out of bed so late? It's past your bedtime!” Draco snapped at her, trying to regain his composure. He had been so caught up in his misery that he hadn't even noticed that she had come in here.

“Oh, stuff it, Malfoy. What are you doing up so late? You have about as much right to be here as I do!” Ginny had gotten immediately on the defensive but she couldn't help but look at him. He was wearing a thin t-shirt and tight jeans that indicated he had left his common room in a hurry.

“Watch your mouth, Ginevra. I can dock points from you in an instant. Or something worse.” Draco let the threat hang in the air.

“You can't do anything to me, Malfoy, and you know it! So stop making those empty threats!”

“Don't push me Ginevra.”

“Don't you dare call me Ginevra.”

“You prefer I call you Ginny?”

She was surprised by the shot of warmth that shot through her stomach at the way he said her name. The surprise in his voice at that 'obvious conclusion.' She decided to change the subject and said instead, “Why were you crying?”

Draco, not knowing how to answer, looked into her eyes. He was in a bit of a bind. Normally, if a girl asked him a question he didn't want to answer he kissed her. But to take a chance to kiss Weasley? Hmm... It had potential...


~-~

Ginny grinned as she recalled how contrite Draco was when telling her that he had kissed her so that her brother would get mad. She had just laughed and leaned into kiss him hard. Now she felt somewhat lost. She had sworn to Ron that she didn't see Draco anymore but Draco had just gotten their relationship more low-key. She still loved him and was with him every second she could be.

Speaking of which, Ginny stood up and wrapped the blanket she had been laying on around her back. “I'm going shopping with Luna. See you guys.”

They all waved and offered her their own good-byes and Ginny took herself off. She couldn't wait to see Draco and so as soon as she was at the door and out of sight of the rest of them she disapparated. He was waiting for her in his bedroom, he always was. He would lower the magical spell that blocked apparations just for her and she would meet him there. He would normally get up and kiss her immediately but this time he was just sitting on his bed with his head in his hands.

“Draco?” Ginny asked quietly but he just put up a hand to shush her. She felt awkward as she never had before in his presence. She kicked off her sandals and walked over to the bed. He still sat there with his head in his hands.

“I'm sorry.”

Ginny jumped when he talked after what seemed like a lifetime. “What are you sorry for?”

Draco didn't respond and Ginny looked around the room. She had always loved his bedroom. Even though it was Slytherin colors she still adored the room. She guessed, although she would never admit it to him, it was because of how fancy it was. She had always wanted a room that had a big bed and he had the king of king-sized beds.

In the corner of the room sat a black table with a picture of her in a silver picture frame. She remembered that the first time she saw it she had freaked out thinking she would let his parents see it. But nobody but her and him could tell it was her. Everybody else who looked at it saw Narcissa.

He also had a black desk, a black dresser, and there were three doors leading in and out of his room. A sliding glass door led out onto his own personal balcony but they never went out there. There was much too big of a risk to get caught. One door led to his own luxurious bathroom that was also decorated in forest green, silver, and black. And the last door led out into Malfoy Manor. The place he kept swearing he would take her. That she had never gone to.

“I can't do this anymore.”

Ginny jumped again and looked over at him. He hadn't moved a muscle and for a second she was wondering if she had just imagined him talking. “Can't do what?” She secretly hoped that he meant that he didn't want to keep them a secret anymore but she knew that to hope was to be let down.

“Can't be with you. I want to break up.” Draco stood up and went over to the sliding glass door. She reached out a hand to him but let it drop as he didn't look over at her.

“What are you talking about, Draco? I know that we have to be secret. I know. I don't mind. Really. Why do you want to break up? Is it me?” Ginny shut her mouth abruptly as he turned back to her with a look in his eyes that she had never seen.

“I want to break up, Weasley. What? You thought you could keep my attention for long? Ha! Laughable. I don't want you anymore. I don't care about keeping the relationship secret. Tell the world. They'll laugh at you. Thinking that the Slytherin Pureblood Prince would want a lowly little blood traitor like yourself.”

Ginny gave a short laugh. “Don't be stupid, Draco. If you think you'll get rid of me that easily you're wrong. What is it, darling?”

Draco opened his mouth, closed it again, and Ginny raised her eyebrows. Damn her, he thought with a scowl. “How full of yourself,” he snapped. “Thought I wouldn't get tired of you?”

Taking a step forward, Ginny grinned, showing her teeth. “Ah, just last night you were telling me that you'd want me forever.”

“Yes, well, things change.” Draco turned around and stared at the window again. Ginny frowned at his back. What was wrong with him? She couldn't comprehend why he would want to break it off. And it wasn't because of what he said. She knew that he wasn't tired of her. He couldn't be. Right?

“Draco-”

“Leave.”

“Draco-”

“Leave!” Draco pointed a finger at the door even though she couldn't exit that way. She raised her eyebrows and disapparated. After she was gone Draco slumped down on the bed and put his head in his hands again.

~-~

“Come on, Gin.”

“Are you sure you don't want to come with us?”

“It'll be fun!”

Ginny shook her head. “Thanks, guys, but really. I'm just going to stay and maybe dye my shoes. Or, uh, something.” Ginny grinned at the four people, two couples, standing in front of her. Although she hung out with them more she had never lost the feeling of being a fifth wheel and right now she didn't want to deal with it. No, she couldn't deal with it.

“Well, see you later then.”

Ginny waved at them and when they were out of sight went back into the kitchen. She had no intention of dying her shoes for Harry's wedding right now. It was so boring and she was tempted to take up Harry's offer to pay for them being done by a professional. Ginny had to get back to cleaning her room anyway.

Humming quietly to herself, Ginny started walking around the kitchen. She had so many things she should be doing yet she didn't feel like doing any of them. Ginny sighed and walked slowly to her room. Maybe she would write in her diary for a while. Or maybe just take a nap. Yes, a nap would work fine.

“Aaagh!!!” Ginny screamed as she realized that a nap would not in fact be fine.

“Thank the good lord that your family is gone.”

“What the blasted hell are you doing here?” Ginny screamed at the top of her lungs.

Draco grinned at her from where he was laying on her bed. “I decided that the sex just wasn't as good with the other girls.”

Ginny's eyes widened and her eyes flashed. He wondered for a second if she was going to hit him but then she smiled. “You stupid bastard. It's been four years, asshole. Four and a half years.”

“Yeah, well, it's been hard. And I haven't had a lot of time for sex. I didn't realize nobody was as good as you.” Draco had to hide a grin as her face went redder. She looked like she was going to explode. He quickly fingered his wand, if she got pissed and tried to curse him he'd be ready.

“Oh, for God's sakes. I sent you owls! You couldn't have taken two minutes to send one back? Say you're okay. I was... Worried about you.”

Draco suddenly frowned. “I didn't get any owls, Ginny. I mean, I would've responded to owls. But, I swear I didn't get any.”

Ginny's eyes narrowed. “Four years, Malfoy.” She had to stay angry at him. Had to stay angry at him. She hated him. She despised him. When she had to tell him the news then it would be okay. She would tell him the news. Tell him the news and tell him to get out of her life. It would be easy. She tried to tell herself. It would be easy.

“Oh, God, Ginny. Back to Malfoy are we?” Draco abruptly stood up and walked over to her. He cupped her face in his hands and looked deep into her eyes. She was shocked and couldn't move for a minute. His hands moved over her cheeks, pushing her hair back. He leaned in and she pushed him away.

“Draco...”

“Yes?”

“I have to tell-”

“What the hell is going on here?” Ginny gasped as Ron suddenly appeared in the doorway and drew his wand on them.

“What are you doing here?” Ginny shrieked.

“I forgot my wand,” Hermione said and gasped as she saw Draco standing there.

“You guys, it's fine,” Ginny snapped. “Ron, put down your wand.”

“Ron, why do you have your wand- Ginny- What the hell?” Harry appeared as suddenly as Ron in the doorway and Ginny sighed. As if her day couldn't get any better.

“That bastard-” Ron was so angry his voice was shaking. “Just shows up and starts kissing Ginny!”

“You have no idea what's going on!” Ginny yelled at him.

“Then what's going on?” Hermione asked sensibly.

“Use your eyes, Hermione!” Ron yelled, looking at Ginny. “Draco is kissing my sister who he LEFT!”

Ginny suddenly went silent and Draco thought she looked like a dog who had just smelled a rabbit. “Look what you did.” She suddenly rushed from the room.

Draco, deciding that the odds weren't very good while he was alone with the trio and Tay, started towards the door. Harry and Ron stood in front of it with their arms crossed.

“Move,” Draco commanded, his ice blue eyes flashing.

“Why?” Harry asked and Draco opened his mouth and then closed it again.

“Where'd she go?” Draco asked.

“You didn't hear?” Ron asked with a grin.

“Obviously, Weasley. Where is she!?” Draco was beginning to wonder if Harry and Ron had gone crazy, he wouldn't be surprised, when Ginny came back into the room. “What is that?” He asked quietly.

But he knew what it was. Ginny was holding a child. A toddler. A white-blonde toddler with ice blue eyes. A Malfoy. His... His daughter. “Ginny?” Draco asked as he walked slowly forward.

“I sent you owls,” Ginny responded sheepishly.

Author notes: Please review and tell me how you liked/disliked it. :D

Leave a Review