Sorry for the delay. I've been mega-busy. Hopefully updates will be less than two months next time.
~~~
Draco looked around at the tense faces around him. There were heaping plates of mashed potatoes, turkey, biscuits, gravy, and some red thing that Draco had yet to identify but nobody had picked up a fork yet. They were all too busy trying to decide the best way to kill him. It made Draco just a little bit uncomfortable.

“Oh, for goodness sake's darlings. Will you eat? You too, Draco. Dig in!” Molly, the only one who had had a bite so far, finally said with a frown. The tension in the room was so thick that Draco thought it could be cut with a knife; he didn't know how long he could stand it.

“Mmm, Mum. Delicious,” Ron's voice was flat as he took a bite of mashed potatoes and swallowed thickly.

Molly sighed at this and looked down at her plate. Draco had to be grateful at that. At least there was one person at the table not giving him murderous glares. But he wasn't even really thinking about the glares. He was thinking about the woman sitting next to him. Thinking about the daughter he had upstairs, napping. Thinking about the task at hand.

“So, Malfoy,” Harry started and Draco knew he wasn't going to like what he had to say. “What have you been doing the last two years?”

Draco felt Ginny tense at his side and he wanted to reach over and grab her hand. But, for some reason, he didn't think that would go over too well. “Actually. I was in America.” Ginny glanced at him but he couldn't look at her. “I was sort of, uh, sent there. By my mother. I came back only a month ago.”

He practically felt Ginny willing him to look at her but he couldn't. He couldn't move his head at all. He knew that they could tell he wasn't telling the whole truth. But could they tell what he was hiding?

“Interesting,” Ron said with a glare.

“Bullshit is what it is!” Fred said and made a move to stand up but a glance from Molly sent him back in his chair and back into his conversation with George.

“So, why didn't you tell us?” Harry asked and Draco wondered if Ginny was getting stiff from all the tension in her body.

“You?” Draco asked with a scoff. “I didn't know we were on such good terms, Potter.”

“You guys, please. Not at the dinner table.” Molly too, it seemed, had finally given up eating and was wiping her mouth with a napkin. Draco was grateful and wondered when he could get the hell out of there.

“Yes, Mum.” Ron glanced over at Hermione, sitting silently next to him. She hadn't said a word all evening; not a single word since they had found Draco and Ginny. Just what he needed! The silent treatment. He'd resolve everything with her later.

“So, what'd you do in America?” Harry asked.

Draco quickly responded, “None of your business, Potter.”

“Well, it's mine!” Ron snapped and smacked his napkin so hard against his plate that Draco was surprised the plate didn't shatter. The rest of the Weasleys had all stopped their private conversations and were watching them. Draco knew that if he got into this argument then he wouldn't win.

“No, it isn't,” Draco said simply.

“It's my sister! Her love life is my business!” Ron yelled and stood up, smacking his fist against the table. Hermione sat watching him but otherwise hadn't moved an inch.

“I am not involved in her love life!” Draco yelled, equally loud, and stood up himself. Molly closed her eyes as the boys glared at each other and she wondered what glasses would break. She had a feeling that her and the girls had no chances of getting the dishes out of the way. It was too bad; she did like this dish set.

“She had your child!”

“I don't care!” Draco yelled and then he knew that he had made a mistake. “Wait, Ginny.”

“I need to make sure that the baby isn't awake.” Ginny got up quickly and rushed out of the room. Draco felt the blood pounding in his head and wished it was one of the Weasleys fists. Then, on second thought, maybe not. Making sure to keep an eye on the remaining Weasleys wands, Draco rushed out of the room.

“Ginny.” Draco put his hand on the nursery door just as she was about to close it. “Ginny, if you want to keep your pride then open the damn door.” He gave a sigh of relief as the door suddenly swung open. His breath caught as he saw her standing there with the baby, the baby's blue eyes wide open and her face red from sleeping.

“What do you want?”

“You never told me her name,” Draco said suddenly and reached out a hand to touch his daughter.

“Rose Jamie Weasley Malfoy,” Ginny muttered.

“Well, at least she has one good name,” Draco muttered back.

“Excuse me?” Ginny asked and pulled Rose back.

Draco gave her a dirty look and extended his hand a little farther so that it was back on his daughter's cheek. “Malfoy. It's her only good name.”

“Hmmph!” Ginny snapped and stepped back out of his reach. Draco, who was not above begging when the time was right, held out his arms and gave her puppy dog eyes.

“Can I hold her?”

“But you don't like her name,” Ginny said somewhat childishly but handed the baby over to him anyway. “She doesn't really like strangers.” But Ginny had nothing to worry about because Rose was captivated by the man who looked like her. Rose had grown up in a home with a bunch of redheads but to see somebody who looked just like her. It took her breath away.

Ginny gasped as Rose finally did something she never did with strangers: she smiled.

“She likes me.” Draco smiled down at his only daughter and looked at Ginny with eyes of pure joy. Ginny felt her heart melt. How could you hate a guy like him?

“Yes, it appears she does. However, I think also that she's quite tired and not ready to wake up. Put her back down.”

Draco sighed and tapped the baby on her little nose. “We'll catch up later. There's lots of stuff to say. Do you talk?”

“Momma!” Rose looked proud of herself and blew Draco a rasberry.

“I'm not Momma! I'm Dadda! You're such a big girl. We can continue this later. How 'bout that?”

Rose nodded and watched him as he laid her gently down in her crib. Within minutes she was asleep and Draco looked at Ginny. “Now we can talk.”

“Okay,” Ginny said, somewhat reluctantly. “Come on, we can go to my room where we can talk in privacy.”

Draco nodded and followed her. Unlike the Burrow, which had passed onto Bill and Fleur since he was the first to marry, this was a mansion. All the Weasleys lived here currently plus a few ghouls and a few house-elves. Of course, he had also heard that Harry and Tay were here so much it was almost like they lived here too. “Wow.”

“Wow what?”

Draco shook his head, knowing that if he said what he was thinking she would probably get pissed off again. He didn't need that after he had just won brownie points for having Rose fall in love with him.

“So,” Ginny said after they had reached her bedroom and she was sitting on her bed. Draco didn't think she'd appreciate if he joined her so he went to sit over on a love seat placed in the far corner of the room.

“I'm sorry,” Draco said abruptly, knowing he had a task to perform. Of course, with Rose...

“For what?” Ginny asked, completely confused. Besides the fact she had no idea what he was talking about Draco Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, had just apologized to her.

“For everything. Especially for downstairs. I didn't mean that I didn't care. I just, sorta, got caught up in what I was saying. Rose is my daughter. And I love her. Really, I'm sorry.” Draco gave her a smile. He felt sick at the glow that entered her eyes at his smile.

“It's o-okay.” Ginny held her breath as Draco got up slowly from the love seat and walked over to her. She grinned at him when he bounced on the bed next to her. He looked so out of place on her pink bedsheets that she giggled.

“I'm glad you're not mad at me.” Draco leaned in close to her with a smile.

“Oh, I am. But only a little bit.” Ginny's heart started beating faster as Draco began kissing her neck.

“Well, I have to conquer that, don't I?” Draco asked and continued kissing her neck, beginning to move lower.

-

Ron looked down at Hermione. She was sitting there just biting her lips and he wondered what had gotten into her. Everybody had finished dinner and had gone to their separate rooms but Hermione hadn't gotten up from her place at the table. “Hermione? Hermione? Are you mad at me?” Ron asked and her eyelashes fluttered a little bit.

“No,” Hermione said shortly and stood up to put her plate in the sink and stalk up to their room. He gaped after her for she had never walked away from him before. After a few minutes of gaping he finally ran up the stairs after her.

“Then what is it?”

“No.”

Ron sighed and wondered how he got the stubborn girlfriend. “Please?” Hermione giggled quietly at the face Ron was making. He looked so pitiful that she threw a pillow at him.

“Ron,” Hermione said in a warning voice.

“Please?”

“I'm not in the mood for this.”

“Please?” Ron was now drawing it out into a full-on whine.

“Oh, Ron.”

“Plea-ea-ea-ease?”

Hermione frowned and looked down at their bed. “I'm pregnant,” she said so quietly that she herself didn't even hear it.

“Honey, I can't hear you.”

“Let's go to bed.”

Ron frowned but let himself be drawn to bed. “You'll tell me in the morning?”

“Of course.”
~~~
I named Rose before DH came out so sorry if there's any confusion. Please review!
Leave a Review