Chapter 4

Saturday afternoon arrived, and Draco took his pre-arranged seat in the library. Pansy walked in, gave him a dirty look that was quite convincing and sat at a different table. He cleared his throat and raised an eyebrow at her. She gave him another dirty look.

Draco stood up slowly and took note of how many people were watching to see what he was going to do. The library was a crowded place on Saturday afternoon, which was why he and Pansy had chosen it for their break up performance. Stalking over to her chair, he casually reached out and flipped her book closed.

Pansy looked up at him.

“Now that I’ve got your attention, do you mind telling me what you’re doing over here? I was already seated over there.” He pointed at the table where his things were spread out, as if she were too stupid to realize what he was talking about.

Pansy slammed her book down on the table. “I thought maybe you were saving that spot for Ginny Weasley. After all, the whole school keeps telling me you’re seeing her behind my back.”

Draco scowled at her. “Pansy, I told you last night that I was tired of your jealousy. Either you trust me, or you don’t.”

“What reason have you ever given me to trust you? Maybe, you’re not involved with Ginny, but I know for a fact that you’ve spent time with Daphne.”

Draco blinked. This was not part of the script. The fact that it was true left him little room to maneuver. He’d respected Pansy’s decision to wait until marriage, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t human. When Daphne had shown up in his bed wearing his Quidditch shirt, it had seemed like a divine gift. Getting back to the topic at hand, he hissed, “What about you and Goyle? You seem to be spending a lot of time with him.”

“Greg and I are just friends,” Pansy declared with total conviction.

“You better hope you’re wrong about that, because we’re through. He can put up with your clinging ways from now on.”

Pansy’s sharp intake of breath seemed a little too real. The tear that trickled down her cheek made his gut ache. Turning back to his table, he gathered his things and stomped out of the library. He wanted to go someplace he could be alone. His feet took him towards the Room of Requirement. He walked past the appropriate spot three times. A door appeared, and he let himself in.

Looking around at the crowded seashore he found himself on, he wondered if the Room of Requirement had lost its touch. He closed his eyes and pictured his room at home again. When he opened his eyes, he saw the familiar plush green carpet, and his mahogany four poster bed. Competely out of place on his grey silk comforter was a bikini clad Ginny Weasley.

She sat up and yelled, “Where the hell did my beach go?”

Draco was greatly relieved that it was the real Ginny Weasley and that his subconscious hadn’t placed her on his bed as an answer to some unknown desire. However, he couldn’t help noticing how nicely she filled out her bikini.

She caught him staring at her and said, “Damn it, Malfoy. I was using this room.”

Draco snorted. “Fine, you can have your beach back.” He closed his eyes and the blue waters and pristine, white sand beach of one of his favorite vacation spots appeared.

Ginny looked around in awe. “This isn’t my beach.”

“Would you rather have yours back? I can make this one go away.”

Shaking her head, Ginny sat down on a lawn chair. “No, this is much nicer than my beach. Where are all the other people?”

Draco sat down next to her and smiled at the way her eyes skimmed over his chest. He’d changed into a pair of swim trunks to fit the scenery. “This is a private beach. There aren’t very many people who have access to it.”

“Oh, I didn’t know there was such a thing.”

Before he could stop himself, Draco snorted. Ginny gave him a death glare, and he smirked at her. “Sorry, I forgot my manners for a moment.”

Ginny jumped when a waiter approached them with a tray of fruit and tropical drinks. He set the tray down on the sand between her and Draco's chairs and then walked away. Draco picked up two identical glasses and offered one to her. She sipped it tentatively and then smiled.

“This is really strange,” she commented.

“If you don’t like it, you can imagine something else,” Draco commented as he ate a piece of fruit.

Ginny looked at him like he was stupid. “What?”

“I wasn’t talking about the room. I was talking about us being civil.”

Draco waited for her to take a drink before he said, “Well if you’re going to give birth to my children, I figure I might as well try to get on your good side.”


***

Ginny spewed her red tropical drink all over her legs and the lawn chair. Draco laughed at her, and she turned to glare at him. Her glare softened as she noticed his muscles rippling in a most delightful fashion as he laughed. Peeved that he’d distracted her, she took a deep breath and said, “I am not going to be giving birth to your children, you git.”

Draco sighed and wiped his eyes. “According to the entire school, you will. I tend to go with the odds on things like this.”

Ginny looked at him in disbelief. He was joking with her, and he looked unbelievably sexy while he was doing it. She closed her eyes and tried to figure out why fate was messing with her. When she opened her eyes, she said, “Very funny, Malfoy. I think Pansy might be a tad upset if I gave birth to your children.”

Draco suddenly seemed to remember something. “That’s why I’m here. At least, that’s why I wanted to be alone. I just broke up with Pansy.”

“What?” Ginny asked in alarm.

“You might actually appreciate the irony of this situation. When you rattled off that list of things you knew about Potter, I realized I didn’t know any of those things about Pansy. Guess who did know?”

Ginny wasn’t sure she wanted to play this odd game. “Okay. I guess Blaise.”

Draco smirked. “That would have been really funny, but no that isn’t who it was.”

Ginny waited, and Draco stared out at the rolling blue waves. A moment later, he said, “It was Goyle. Apparently, he’s been in love with her for a while now.”

Stunned, Ginny said, “Greg Goyle? You broke up with Pansy, so she could be with Greg Goyle?”

Draco nodded. “Life is bizarre.”

“Yes, it is.” Ginny sat and watched the water for a while. When she couldn’t take the silence any longer, she said, “Now what?”

Draco shrugged. “I think I’m going to go for a swim.”

Ginny watched as Draco walked towards the waves. She reluctantly noted that his back was as fantastic looking as his front. She watched as he dove gracefully into the waves and swam out into the bright blue water. Not knowing what else to do, she ate some of the fruit and sampled another drink. It was only when she became a little light headed that she realized the drinks were alcoholic.

“That’s bloody marvelous, because what I need right now are lowered inhibitions,” she muttered to herself.

Draco walked up to her. His blond hair was mussed up, and water was still streaming down his chest. Ginny eyed him warily, afraid her hormones might cause her to accidentally launch herself at him.

He held his hand out to her. “Come swimming with me. The water is perfect.”

Ginny shook her head. “I don’t swim really well. I mostly dog paddle, or float on my back.”

“Do you really think the Room of Requirement would let you drown?” Draco asked with an amused tone in his voice.

“Are you sure you’re not trying lure me out there so you can drown me? It would be the easiest way to end those pesky rumors.”

Draco snorted as he leaned down to grab her hand. “Come with me. It will be fun. I promise.”

Ginny let Draco pull her out to the water while she tried to form excuses in her mind. 'Really, it’s not my fault I’m having Malfoy’s love child. We were at the beach. He was half naked. We went swimming. I lost control of my hormones and shagged him senseless.'

Draco cleared his throat, and Ginny tuned back into reality. “Sorry, I drifted off there for a moment.”

“I noticed. Pay attention. See that white line out there in the distance? That is actually a fence of sorts that keeps us in the safe area. Don’t go past that.”

Ginny waded into the water. She watched as Draco dove in gracefully and came up in the middle of an oncoming wave. She tried it, and was immediately pulled under and slammed into the sandy bottom. The force of the blow startled her, and she lost her breath. She struggled to get up to the top of the wave, and barely broke the surface before another wave slammed into her filling her mouth and lungs with water.

She wondered if the Room of Requirement was trying to kill her as she struggled to reach the surface again. When a strong arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her back into the shallows where she could stand up, she was unbelievably grateful. She coughed until her throat was sore and her legs were shaking.


She was vaguely aware of someone picking her up and carrying her out onto the beach. She was laid down on a blanket and rolled onto her side where she continued to cough up water. After what seemed like a painful eternity, she was pulled into a sitting position.

Draco looked at her with anxious eyes. “Are you all right?”

Ginny tried to speak, but her throat was sore. A glass of water appeared in her hand, and she sipped it carefully. When she had her voice back, she said, “Thank you.”

“Ginny...I... hold on. I can’t talk to you like this.” A shirt appeared in Draco’s hands, and he slid it over her head.

Ginny looked down to slide her arms through the sleeves of the shirt. That was when she realized that while she was trying not to drown, she’d lost her bikini top. Her face flushed red, and she tried to hide her embarrassment by taking another drink.

Clearing his throat, Draco asked, “Are you all right?”

“Unless it’s possible to die of embarrassment, I’m fine.”

Draco snorted and sat down next to her. “You really can’t swim, can you?”

“Hey,” Ginny croaked. “I told you I couldn’t swim.”

Smirking at her, Draco conceded, “I should have believed you.”

Ginny looked back out at the water and shivered. “Thanks for saving me.”

“You’re welcome. Mind if I change the scenery?”

Ginny shook her head, and she found herself sitting on a couch in front of a fireplace. Draco handed her a cup of tea, and she sipped it slowly. It felt wonderful on her throat. It took her a moment to notice that he was wearing a pair of faded jeans and a white button down shirt. She looked down to see that she was dressed in what looked like her own faded jeans and a blue turtleneck.

She saw that there was a tray of scones on the table next to the couch, and she leaned over to grab one. When she did, she noticed that her knickers were wedged in an uncomfortable area. She shifted around in a manner, which normally took care of this unfortunate occurrence. It only made matters worse.

Draco chuckled. “Problem, Ginevra?”

She shot him a look and saw that he was vastly amused. A light dawned in her brain, and she said, “You put me in a thong, didn’t you?”

His eyes twinkled. “Sorry, I thought that is what all women wore.”

Ginny closed her eyes and imagined her normal cotton bikini knickers on under her jeans. She sighed with comfort when she felt her clothing shift to it’s rightful area. Then, just for fun, she imagined Draco in a thong of his own. She knew she’d been successful when she heard him yelp.

“That is just wrong,” he complained before he closed his eyes, and he changed back to whatever he normally wore.

“Now you know how I felt.”

He smirked at her, and her heart kicked up a few beats. To keep from saying or doing anything stupid, she bit into the scone she was still holding onto. It was warm and full of oozing chocolate. She gave a moan of satisfaction, and settled back into the couch cushions.

Someone pounding on the door broke into her momentary contentment. She looked at Draco. “Do we have to answer that?”

The door flew open, and Harry was standing in the doorway looking like he was ready to blast them to pieces. Ginny yelped, and Draco stood in front of her with his wand drawn. “Can I help you with something, Potter?”

Harry took in the scene and said, “Well, isn’t this cozy.”

Ron elbowed his way through the door. “Ginny are you all right? Mum Flooed Dumbledore in a fit, because the clock at home said mortal peril.”

Ginny walked around Draco and gave her brother a hug. “I’m fine, Ron. I’d imagined myself at the beach, and I tried to go swimming. The waves pulled me under. Draco saved me.”

Ron looked at Draco. “Is that true? Did you save her?”

Draco frowned. “It was partly my fault. She told me she couldn’t swim, but I didn’t listen.”

Ron nodded at him. “Thanks for what you did.” He looked at Ginny. “We need to Floo Mum. She’s going to want to see that you’re all right.”

Ginny nodded, and then looked back at Draco. Impulsively, she ran back to him and kissed him on the cheek, before she followed Ron out the door.
Leave a Review