Ginny’s plan had been to kiss Draco senseless. Unfortunately, he seemed to have the same plan. When the urge to wrap one of her legs around the back of his thigh hit, she figured it might be time to take a break. Pulling away from him, she gave him an apologetic smile. “Sorry, I think we should stop for a bit.”

Draco sighed and laid his forehead on top of her head. “I will never understand how females can just stop for a break.”

Chuckling, Ginny replied, “It’s not like we really want to stop. We just know that we have to, or things will end up going too far.”

“Would that be so terrible?” Draco asked as he leaned down and started nibbling on her neck again.

Ginny enjoyed the sensation of her blood humming through her veins for a moment, before she pulled back and said, “Do you want me to give you the cow speech?”

Confusion showed on Draco’s face. “How did this turn into a conversation about livestock?”

“Every girl ever born has heard the cow speech from her mum. It’s insulting, and yet somehow effective.”

“How does it go?” Draco asked, appearing amused.

“It’s dreadful, really.” Ginny put a stern expression on her face. “No man will buy the cow if he can get the milk for free.”

Draco snorted. “You’re the cow? That’s a terrible thing for a mother to say to her daughter.”

“I know. I never could figure out how milk and sex were supposed to be the same thing. Plus, I thought it was terribly hypocritical that my father just taught my brothers contraceptive charms and that was it.”

Draco smirked. “No livestock analogies for your brothers?”

“Nope, just a warning that if any grandchildren were accidentally created, then a wedding would quickly follow.”

Nodding, Draco said, “That sounds like what my mother told me. She also said never to tell a girl I loved her if I didn’t.”

“Your mum sounds nice. I cringe to think about it, but what did your father say?”

“He said that there was places that unwanted offspring could be disposed of. Then, he taught me five different contraceptive spells.”

Ginny blanched. “They aren’t planning on letting your father out anytime soon, are they?”

“I don’t believe so.”

“Good." Ginny reached out and tucked a strand of hair behind Draco's ear. "I think it might be a good time for me to go and do some homework.”

Draco sighed. “Why don’t we meet in the library after dinner tonight?”

Ginny nodded. “That sounds like a good idea.”

Draco turned to walk off, and Ginny cleared her throat. He looked back at her. “What?”

“You’re supposed to kiss me goodbye.”

“Oh,” Draco said before he walked back over and kissed her again.

Twenty minutes later, Ginny realized that Malfoys didn’t do simple goodbye kisses. She was once again overcome with the urge to try and climb up his body. Pulling back from him, she said, “I better go start on that homework.”

Draco just smirked at her. “I’ll see you after dinner.”


***


Ginny was humming as she walked back into the Gryffindor Common Room. Harry looked up from the couch where he was seated with his arm around Lavender. “I can’t believe you’re humming over the Ferret.”

It took Ginny a moment to respond. She was a bit disturbed to see Lavender cuddling up to Harry. Taking a deep breath, Ginny said, “Harry, I’m humming because I’m happy. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t ruin it for me. Besides, it looks like you’ve moved on as well.”

Harry looked down and said, “I suppose I have.”

Lavender gave her a nervous smile. “I didn’t think you’d mind, Ginny. I mean since you and Malfoy are working out so nicely.”

Ginny wondered if this had been part of Lavender’s plan all along. If so, she had to give the girl credit for her ability to scheme. She wondered what category Harry fit into in her romance novel world. Maybe, he was the downtrodden hero who needed to be rescued from himself. “You’re right, Lavender. Malfoy and I are working out nicely. There’s no reason you and Harry shouldn’t see each other.”

She could have sworn she saw a look of disappointment on Harry’s face. Ron cleared his throat, and she looked over at her brother.

“Hey, Gin. Could you give this to Hermione for me?” Ron asked as he stood up and walked towards her.

Looking around, Ginny realized Hermione was nowhere to be seen. “Why isn’t she down here with you?”

Ron blushed. “I believe it was because I was being an inconsiderate prat, or something along those lines. At least that is what she screamed at me, before she stomped off to her room.”

Ginny chuckled, and she heard Lavender do the same. She looked past Ron. “What happened, Lavender?”

“Your brother made the error of pointing out that Hermione seemed a bit testy. Then, he made some reference to the calendar.”

Ginny smacked her brother on the arm. “You did not ask her if it was that time of the month, did you?”

Ron nodded sheepishly. “I just mentioned that she always seems crabby around the third week of the month. I didn’t realize I was being insensitive.”

Putting her arm around her brother, Ginny said, “Ron, no woman likes to be reminded that her hormones may be slightly influencing her behavior. We can’t help it, and it makes us sound irrational.”

Ron nodded. “I will never mention it again. Now, will you take her this note?”

Patting her brother on the back, Ginny took the note and went in search of Hermione. She found her friend under a mound of used tissues and chocolate bar wrappers. “Hermione, are you okay?”

Hermione blew her nose. “No, I’m not okay. I’m being completely irrational, and I hate it.”

Holding out the folded piece of parchment, Ginny said, “Ron sent you a note.”

“Idiot,” Hermione muttered as she accepted the note. After reading it, she burst into tears.
“He says he loves me, and he’s sorry for being a prat.”

“That’s good, right?” Ginny asked as she snagged a piece of chocolate off of the bed.

“That’s good. I guess I should go down and tell him I love him too.”

Ginny threw herself in front of the door. “You’ve got a bit of chocolate on your face. Let me clean you up first.”

Hermione nodded, and Ginny used her wand to remove the bits of chocolate off her friends chin. She also cleaned up the tear tracks and took the redness off of her nose. “Want me to fix your hair a bit?” she asked hopefully.

Hermione grabbed her own wand and walked over to the mirror. “I better do it. It takes a strong spell.” After looking in the mirror, Hermione muttered. “I can’t believe you were going to let me go down there like this.”
Leave a Review