Ginny watched as Hermione and Ron made cow eyes at each other over dinner. She was glad that they were happy again, but the display of love and devotion was a bit nauseating. She hoped that she never looked that sappy when she was around Draco.

Thinking about him, she looked his way. He raised a brow at her, and she felt the corners of her mouth rise. He darted his eyes towards Ron and Hermione. Ginny just shrugged since she couldn’t figure out how to communicate her disgust.

“If you sat with him, you could talk to him,” Luna said in a dreamy voice.

Ginny looked over at the sometimes surprisingly astute blond girl next to her. “I don’t think I’m allowed to sit at another table.”

Luna tilted her head to the side and said, “Miss Weasley, what house do I belong to?”

Ginny set her drink down with a thud. “That’s right. You eat with us all of the time.” She scanned the rest of the Great Hall. “Although, I might point out that you seem to be the only one who is capable of table hopping.”

“Now that would be a fun game,” Luna stated as she poured her juice into her mashed potatoes.

“I think you lost me.”

Luna worked on her mashed potato sculpture as she said, “If the tables moved around while we were eating it would be fun.”

“Sounds messy to me.” Ginny felt like someone was staring at her. She glanced over at Draco and saw that he was deep in conversation with Blaise. She looked around her own table and saw Harry giving her a dirty look. She resisted the urge to glare back at him.

After quickly finishing her food, Ginny looked over at the Slytherin table. Draco was reading a piece of parchment. Blaise happened to look up, and she pointed at Draco. Blaise mouthed the words, “Not a house elf.” Ginny glared at him, and he elbowed Draco and pointed at Ginny. She pointed at the entrance to the Great Hall. He blinked and looked at her in confusion.

“This is getting really irritating.” She looked over at Luna. “If I disappear in a puff of smoke, I’m coming back to haunt you.”

Luna chuckled as Ginny got up and walked across the Great Hall. She stood next to Draco unsure if she should sit down. “I’m tired of sign language,” she stated as he smirked at her. “I was asking if you were finished eating.”

Draco glanced down at his half full plate. “Not really.”

Ginny casually sat next to him in the spot that Pansy used to occupy. “I’ll just wait for you right here if you don’t mind.”

Blaise leaned around Draco and stared at her. Ginny raised an eyebrow at him. “Were you expecting me to be blown to pieces?”

“Blowing you to pieces would have been too messy with all of the food nearby. But, I did expect some sort of hex.”

“Sorry to disappoint you.”

Draco finished his food in a quick yet dignified manner. Then, he stood up and said, “Care to go for a walk?”

“No, I’d rather stay here and chat with Blaise,” Ginny drawled.

Blaise snorted. Draco rolled his eyes, and said, “I’m sure that would be fascinating. But, I think we should go for a walk instead. We can discuss livestock.”

Ginny laughed as Draco grabbed her hand and pulled her away from a confused looking Blaise. Once they were out of the Great Hall, she said, “What particular type of livestock did you wish to discuss?”

“I’ve come up with a theory.”

“I can’t wait to hear it,” Ginny said as Draco pulled her down a hallway and around a corner for some relative privacy.

Instead of talking to her, he leaned down and exhaled into her ear. A shiver ran down her spine, and she closed her eyes. His lips continued downward leaving a trail of heat on her neck. When he finally pressed his lips against her own, she no longer cared what he’d wanted to talk about.

Clutching at his shirt, she felt him press her backwards. She shuffled her feet backwards until she bumped into something. She tried to turn and see what it was, but Draco’s hand reached out and opened a door. He shuffled her backwards again until she bumped into something else. His hands circled her waist and lifted her up to sit on a flat surface. A part of her brain registered that she was sitting on a desk or a table in a vacant classroom. The rest of her brain ignored her surroundings and concentrated on the heat that was swirling through her body. A small part of her brain shouted that this was how smart girls ended up doing dumb things. The rest of her brain told the small part to sod off, because her nerve endings had never had it so good.

As her hormones warred with her brain, Ginny decided that it was only fair if Draco was as confused as she was. She skimmed her hands over his chest and wrapped her fingers in his hair. She even managed to break away from his mouth long enough to trail kissed down his jaw line and his neck. She applied her teeth to his neck, and the sound he made in the back of his throat caused her inner female warrior to give a loud yell of pride.

Moments after that, she found herself flat on her back with Draco on top of her. Her female warrior fled, and fear of making a dreadful mistake kicked in. She gently pushed against Draco’s chest, and he sighed in frustration and pulled away from her.

“Sorry,” she whispered.

He glared at her, and her throat tightened. She looked away, and he sat next to her. He wrapped one of his arms around her shoulders. She took that as an apology for the mean look. Trying to lighten the mood, she gave a halfhearted laugh and said, “I guess I shouldn’t bite you on the neck.”

She watched out of the corner of her eye as Draco rubbed the bridge of his nose. Then he said, “Do you have a plan?”

“A plan for what?” she asked.

“A plan for us...for this. I want to know if you plan on this ever progressing past where we are right now.”

His voice sounded a little bit mean. She fought the urge to apologize. Taking a deep breath, she said, “Yes, I do. But, we just started dating. I’m going to need some time.” She didn’t add that she wasn’t sure if she trusted him or not.

Taking his arm from around her shoulders, he ran his fingers through the hair that hung down her back. “What kind of time period are we talking about? Should I expect to be taking cold showers for weeks or months? I need a clue.”

Turning so she was facing him, she asked, “Do you plan on being around months from now?”

He narrowed his eyes. “What kind of question is that?”

Slouching, to avoid his gaze, she kicked her feet and said, “I’m trying to be a smart cow.”

“Not that farm animal analogy again,” he complained.

“Hey,” Ginny protested. “You don’t know what it’s like to be female. You should hear the awful things I’ve heard my own brothers say about girls over the years. Girls fall for guys who leave them. I’m sure when they said yes, they thought the guys would be there forever. Then the guys leave, and people badmouth the girls. It’s not fair.”

Draco reached out and grabbed her hand. “I have no idea how long this relationship will last. If we break up after things happen, I promise that I will not badmouth you.”

He sounded sincere. Ginny gave him a timid smile. “Should I stay away from your neck?”

“No, I’ll just have to reign in my natural instincts. Back to my question, if you don‘t mind. How long are we looking at?”

Biting her lip, Ginny shrugged. “I guess it depends on when it seems right.”

Draco let his head drop back and he stared at the ceiling as he spoke. “Maybe, we could create some kind of hand signal, so I’ll know when the time is right.”

“Prat,” Ginny muttered.

“Maybe, you could ask Granger for a book on proper time frames for relationship success,” he suggested.

Ginny chuckled, and then she had a thought. “I wonder what Luna would say. She’s very insightful sometimes.”

“Wonderful, my life will now be influenced by a girl who thinks vegetables are accessories. We might as well take a poll of the whole bloody castle and get their input as well.”

“Now you’re just being ridiculous,” Ginny informed him.

The classroom door flew open. Harry and Lavender sidled in the doorway wrapped around each other. “You might want to try another room,” Draco stated in an amused voice.

Lavender pulled back from Harry and gave Ginny an embarrassed smile. “Sorry.” She tried to tug Harry towards the door. Harry seemed to be intent on glaring at Draco.

“Potter, your new girlfriend is waiting for you,” Draco said as he squeezed Ginny’s hand.

Ginny held her breath as Harry’s eyes narrowed. Lavender reached out and whacked Harry on the arm. “Do you want to start a fight over your ex, or do you want to get back to what we were doing?”

Harry followed Lavender out of the room, slamming the door louder than necessary. Without looking at Ginny, Draco said, “That was awkward.”

“It wasn’t awkward for me. I feel sorry for Lavender. I can’t tell if Harry is just using her to try and upset me, or if he actually likes her.”

“They’re probably both using each other,” Draco said with a shrug.

“That is not a very romantic way to look at it. Lavender was the one who was full of the star crossed lover stories about us. She pushed me towards you.”

“I’ll send her a thank you card later.” Draco said. “That star crossed lovers story is a load of crap. We are strongly attracted to one another. That is what a relationship is based on, not some idea from a romance novel.”

“If we keep talking about this, we’re going to end up in a fight,” Ginny warned.

“Would that be so terrible?” Draco smirked. “I like the idea of a fight. You could apologize, and find some way to make it up to me.”

“Dream on, Cold Shower Boy,” Ginny told him as she stood up. He glared at her, and she laughed. “It was a little bit funny,” she teased.

“It was not,” he told her as he joined her in the hallway.

“Yes it was,” she said as she poked him in the arm.

Draco grabbed her hand and pulled her body flush against his. In an instant, he was kissing her like his life depended on it. Ginny felt like she was melting into a pile of goo. She gripped his shirt as her knees became weak. He pulled back from her suddenly and looked at the dazed expression on her face.

“Now, that’s funny,” he informed her.

Ginny felt her face flame. “That’s not fair,” she protested.

“Have a nice cold shower,” he told her as he turned and walked off.
Leave a Review