He didn’t move. “Wait. I’m sorry.”

“That’s not good enough.” She stomped her foot. “How could you think I’ve been with someone else?”

He reached up to rub the bridge of his nose. “Try to see this from my point of view. You’ve put great emphasis on not having done this before. Then I see what looks exactly like a love bite on your skin.” Dropping his hand, he said, “You could have warned me about that.”

“I’m self conscious about my birth marks, so I don’t go around advertising them.”

“I saw you in a bikini. Why didn’t I notice them then?”

Ginny sighed. She moved away from Draco to sit in one of the leather chairs. “I bought that suit because it was high waisted. It hid the birthmark. The other mark is small. It blends in with my freckles.”

He sat on the arm of the chair she occupied. “I am sorry.” He ran his fingers through her hair. “The thought of you with someone else made me lose my mind for a moment. In a way, that’s a good thing. I’ve never been jealous before.”

She wondered at his line of logic. “I appreciate that you were jealous. I don’t understand why you didn’t trust me.”

Draco stood and pulled the other chair so it faced hers. Sitting down he took her hands. “It wasn’t that I didn’t trust you. What’s going on between us is different. I bought you a gift a week ago. I’ve wanted to give it to you, but I wasn’t sure how you’d react.”

Butterflies flew around in her stomach. “Why don’t you give it to me now and we’ll find out together?” she suggested.

He stood and then paused. “If you laugh at me I will Obliviate you.”

She didn’t doubt he was telling the truth.

After opening a drawer and removing several sweaters he pulled out a small gray box. Instead of giving the box to her, he replaced the sweaters and then decided to refold one.

Patience wasn’t her strong suit. It looked like a jewelry box. A piece of jewelry from Draco was sure to be something elegant and in good taste. “If you don’t bring that box over here right now, I’m coming to get it.”

He smiled, closed the drawer, picked up the box, and set it in her outstretched hand. She flipped open the lid, and tried to figure out what she was looking at.

“Pick it up and you’ll understand,” Draco told her.

She followed his directions and realized it was a platinum charm bracelet. Hanging on the delicate chain she saw a miniature D, a heart, and a G.

Tears welled up in her eyes. Even if they weren’t ready to say the words yet, she had proof of how he felt. “I love it.”

He visibly relaxed. “Good. In that case, I have a few more charms you can add if you want.” Draco went to the same drawer and pulled out a small gray velvet bag.

Once he was seated across from her, he shook a charm onto his palm.

Ginny laughed. “Is that a cow?”

“It is.” He smirked. “I tried to find a Boggart charm, sadly they don’t seem to make them.”

She picked up the tiny animal and hooked it onto the bracelet. “What else do you have in there?”

He shook another charm onto his palm. It was a small rectangular emerald. “My house colors,” he explained.

Ginny picked up the emerald and watched the way it sparkled. “I love it.”

The last charm out of the bag was an oval shaped ruby.

“My house colors?” she guessed.

“Yes.” He took the bracelet and fastened it on her right wrist.

She moved her arm so the charms shifted around, reflecting the light. “It’s beautiful. Thank you.” A nagging thought occurred. “What am I supposed to give you?”

The look he gave her made her insides hum. Trying to appear confidant, she stood and closed the distance between them. When Draco tried to stand up from the chair, she pushed him gently back into the seat. With one knee on the outside of his thighs, she put her arms around his neck for balance and placed her other knee on the other side. Straddling his lap, she leaned down to brush her lips across his mouth.

He returned the kiss while he slid his hands up the outside of her thighs to hold her hips.

His touch was intoxicating. She wanted more. Her hands fumbled with the buttons on his shirt. He made fast work of the buttons on her blouse. Pulling her mouth away from his, she said, “bed.”

With her legs wrapped around his waist, he carried her to the bed. His weight on top of her felt right. The rest of their clothes seemed to disappear as he explored her body with his hands and his mouth. At one point she felt like she should be doing more. When she tried touching him he slid lower on her body and did something with his mouth that made her forget everything but the sensations he was creating inside of her. Her breath came in short gasps and then waves crashed through her body causing her to cry out.

She felt herself blush as her breathing slowed. Smiling at him, she said, “So that’s what all the fuss is about.”

He kissed her and then pulled her knees up on either side of his hips. She closed her eyes and hoped for the best. Pain made her cry out.

“It will get better,” he promised. She looked up to see concern in his eyes and nodded. He moved slowly inside of her. The pain lessened, and she watched as he moved above her. His eyes were closed and he appeared lost in his own world. A short time later, he roared her name and then collapsed on top of her.

After he caught his breath, he moved to lie next to her. She rolled closer and laid her head on his chest. The sound of his heartbeat and his rhythmic breathing lulled her to sleep.

Draco’s voice came from far away. “Ginny. You have to wake up. It’s almost curfew.”

She snuggled closer. “Nope. Not going.”

He laughed. “I don’t mind you staying here, but I think your brother might come looking for you.”

She yawned. “Don’t care.”

The sound of Draco chuckling made her smile.

“Fine. I give up.”

She gave a satisfied sigh. “I win.”

As she slept, Ginny dreamt of wandering through a house searching for something. There was something she needed or something she’d forgotten. In the dream, she began to run from room to room. Finally, she found a room and saw a baby sleeping peacefully in a bassinet.

Jerking upright, she gasped. Was it too late? She shook Draco. “Wake up.”

He opened his eyes and saw the look of panic on her face. “What?”

“We forgot. Get your wand. Do it now,” she pleaded.

“Do what?” he asked. “What are you talking about?”

“We forgot to use a contraceptive spell.”

His gray eyes went wide. He climbed out of bed to retrieve his wand.

“Hurry.” The image of the baby from her dreams seemed all too real.

Draco pointed his wand at her and recited two spells back to back. “Good enough?” he asked.

“I’m a Weasley,” she reminded him.

“Right.” He performed the other spells he knew and then just stared at her for a bit.

Feeling increasingly uncomfortable, she huffed out a breath. “Stop staring. Say something. Tell me it’s going to okay.”

He set his wand on his nightstand and climbed back into bed. Sitting behind her he wrapped his arms around her. “Everything will be okay, no matter what.”

She wondered what he meant by that, but was afraid to ask.
Leave a Review