Tears rolled down Ginny’s face and off of her lips leaving the bitter taste of salt in her mouth. Her once vibrant soft-red hair now hung limp around her dirty thin face in stringy matted curls. Her clothes, tattered and worn, hung loosely off of her small frame.

The lively bubbly girl she once was had been replaced by a girl whose life was full of pain and hatred. Although, that was to be expected, being held as a prisoner against your will tended to slowly eat away at all the happiness you tried to hold on to; the light at the end of the tunnel that soon turns out to be nothing more then a passing car’s headlights, mocking you and filling you with false hope.

Ginny found herself crying herself soundlessly to sleep nearly every night. More then once she found herself silently praying to any god that would listen to her, crying to end her life and put her out of her suffering. The nights where dreadfully cold and silent, filled only with the occasional scream of a tortured victim and the heartless laugh of their torturer.

Ginny supposed that she did have some things to do thankful for. She had never been one of those they took and tried to get information out of. She noticed that many of the people they brought out never came back in. If they did come back, they never lasted anymore then a few days.

Ginny rested her tear-stained cheek against the cold stone of the windowless room that held her captive. She had long since lost track of how long she had been here, a week? Two weeks? A month? She had no way of knowing, she couldn't count by the number of sunsets, or even by the meals she had been served.

Ginny couldn’t remember the last sunset she had seen. She couldn’t remember the smell of fresh baked bread hot from the oven, or the scent of freshly laundered clothes. She could no longer picture her mother’s warm smile, or clearly hear her heartfelt laugh. She couldn’t even remember what the rain felt like on her skin. She had long since forgotten what the earth smelled like after a rain. She had long forgotten the joy of riding a broom, the feeling of the wind against her face and blowing in her hair.

Those were all things of the past now, distant memories she would never have the change to relive. She was stuck here now, forever, as one of their many prisoners. Ginny use to have dreams of being rescued by a brave hero just like one of the girls in the muggle romance stories she had once found herself so fond of. She had long given up the last little of hope of being saved long ago.

She had finally realized that she had to face the facts; this wasn't a romance novel; there was never going to be handsome hero to save her. There weren’t even her over-protective brothers to get her out of the trouble she once more found herself in.

Even though Voldemort had not officially won the war yet it seemed to her that he had. He had taken everything from her and there was nothing left for her anymore. Not even Harry Potter could save her now; she was far too gone to ever be brought back.

The only way she got through the days any more was by playing pretend. She would pretend that this was the place that she loved. She would pretend she wasn't being held prisoner by the very same Death Eaters that killed her family. She would pretend that any minute Harry would come and save her from this stone hell. He would smile that smile that could always make her weak at the knees. Then he would tell her not to worry any more, that he was here now. He would take her in his arms and stroke her hair and whisper in her ear that nothing could hurt her now, and that he was going to take care of her.

Ginny had to face it; that was never going to happen. Harry was dead, Ron was dead; they were all dead. Everyone was gone and no one was going to save her. Everyone she had ever cared about was gone. At least that was what they had told her when they brought her here.

She had been brought here hurt and near the point of unconsciousness. She was then magically bound and shoved roughly into the large arms of a nearby Death Eater. Her wand was then snapped in half right in front of her, the man smiling at her the whole time. A silencing charm was then placed on her and she was thrown through a narrow door way into a poorly lit stone room.

The man smiled at her as he watched a look of fear creep over her delicate lips and only laughed at her when she let out a silent sob as her head crashed to the cold stone floor.

The only thing he told her was, "Don't worry, girlie, we will be seeing a lot of each other. There is no one left to save you."

Ginny was dragged out of her memory when she heard the large metal door of the room being opened and then shut again. A large hooded man made his way into the room. He made his way straight to Ginny, ignoring the countless others in the room. He walked up to her and grabbed her by the wrist and yanked her up rather violently.

"It's your lucky day, sweetie," he whispered into her ear. He then placed a large hand over her stomach in a way that could almost be described as protective. He looked down and spoke a little bit softer, his voice almost gentle, "It seems the Dark Lord has big plans for you."

 

Author notes: So, that is the first chapter. I hope you liked it.

Reviews and advice are much appreciated.

Thanks to seegrim for beta-ing it for me.

To Be Continued.
xxbrokenxsmiless is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked So Pretend It's The Place That I Love also liked 617 other stories.
Leave a Review