Chapter 11 – Brink of Disaster




Ginny sighed and curled up closer to Draco. She felt his hand slide across her back, and he brushed his lips against hers, his blond hair falling in her face as she moaned against his mouth.

He sat up slightly and cupped her cheek, letting his thumb graze the pale skin. He watched closely as a pink color appeared on her face and then she looked away from him.

“I’ve never known a girl to be nervous after sex,” he said with a smile.

Ginny bit her lip. “I’m going to feel this in the morning, aren’t I?”

Before he could respond, there was a loud bang on his door, and a worried voice on the other side. “Draco, it’s Blaise! You need to open up, or Ginny’s going to be really mortified, and you’re going to be killed.”

Draco looked confused as he got up and opened the door. Blaise pushed him aside and slammed the door shut, trying his damnedest to block it with anything he could find in the room. As he started to move the writing desk, Draco stopped him.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

Blaise looked up, his hands on either side of the large wooden desk. “Potter and Weasley…” he whispered.

Ginny’s eyes widened immediately. “You mean they’re here? Oh, fuck.”

“How did they get past you guys?” Draco shouted angrily. “Don’t we have spells that block non-Slytherins from getting in?”

Blaise looked quickly at Ginny who was still covered in a thin blanket.

“As long as she’s with a Slytherin, who knows the password, she can get in,” Draco cut in as his mate’s eyes narrowed with suspicion. “Now, as far as the two idiots about to ambush us, can we stop them?”

Blaise shrugged and turned to Ginny who was now fully dressed and pale. “As long as they see her being here as a danger, they have every right to come down those steps. I don’t think we can really do much but try and talk to them.”

Draco sighed and looked at his girlfriend. “We knew this wouldn’t last.”

Ginny stared at him, her eyes narrowing. “What do you mean?”

He frowned and shook his head. “We’ve got to end this.”

“What?” she snapped, her hands twitching at her sides. “What do you-?”

“Surely you know a break up when you hear one, Weasley?” Draco sneered.

She flinched and stepped back.

“They’ll be here soon, so you can clear out before they suspect anything else,” Blaise said softly. “If they see you on the way here, just tell them the truth, which is that you two broke it off, and then they won’t come after him.”

“I’m not going to…I know you don’t mean…”

“Do what you’re told, Weasley,” Draco said coldly. “Go!” he shouted.

When the door slammed again, Blaise blinked at Draco. “I think you just ruined that for no good reason, Malfoy.”

Draco turned and punched him in the face.


__________________


They found her sitting on the floor in the common room when they got back; Hermione was sitting with her, looking worried. When Ginny saw them come towards her, she stood, and to their horror, she held out her wand.

“All of this is your fault!” she said to Ron, her hand trembling. Then, she noticed Harry with his hands behind his back, a piece of parchment sticking out from his left side. “Harry, what are you – you were spying on me? You devious little bastard!” she snarled, snatching the paper from him and glaring at it.

“Gin, it’s not…they were protecting you,” Hermione said.

Ginny’s body went stiff as she turned her head slightly, her eyes burning with disgust as she eyed the brunette. “What did you just say?” she hissed.

“I said…”

“Don’t drag her into this!” Harry shouted as he reached for her wand.

“Why can’t all of you trust me?” Ginny said, her voice shaking. “I didn’t do anything wrong!”

“You’re dating the enemy!” bellowed Ron.

“Was,” Ginny said softly. “But, as soon as he heard you two were on the move, he broke it off.”

“He did?” Ron asked looking excited.

Ginny scowled at him and sank back down on the ground. She pressed her hands against her temples and sighed in frustration. “Why did it have to be like this? It’s all because of this stupid ball.”

“You two left that early,” Hermione said softly as she sat next to her. “How come?”

“Ask him,” Ginny said, jerking her head in Harry’s direction. “He kept scowling at me.”

Harry picked his head up off his knees and blinked. “I wasn’t trying to make you feel uncomfortable.”

“I’m sure,” Ginny said rolling her eyes. “You knew Draco was feeling awkward about going, because you’d be there, but that didn’t stop you from being a jerk, did it?”

Harry stood up and glared. “He’s no good for you! He’s a fucking Death Eater for God’s sake!”

“No,” Ginny scowled. “He’s not. If he was, I would know.”

“And just how do you know that?” said Ron lifting an eyebrow.

Ginny smiled gently. “I don’t think you want the details of the night, Ronald.”

__________________


He was sitting on his writing desk doing a paper when there was a knock on the door. He glanced over, sighed, pushed a hand through his hair and stood up. He scratched his neck and grabbed the door handle, turning it so that it opened. She stood blinking at him, her long hair tied back with tiny wisps falling in front of her face. All in all, she didn’t look too distraught.

“Hello,” she said quietly, glancing at him.

“How are you?” he asked, not looking at her, but instead sitting on his bed and folding his legs underneath him.

“Am I not good enough for you?” Ginny asked finally.

“What…?” Draco said, eyeing her. “Why would you say-?”

“You broke up with me.”

“I did it to protect you,” he said, standing. He moved closer to her and without a second thought, kissed her.

“Draco…” Ginny gasped, her arms going around his neck.

“I was an idiot, please forgive me,” he whispered, resting his head against hers.

She stared into his eyes and watched a stray tear slide down his cheek.

“Please. I love you so much.”
Leave a Review