Chapter 13 – Come To An End




Ginny sat cross-legged, reading The Daily Prophet, and sipping coffee when there was noise within the fireplace. Soon enough, he came into view, covered in soot and ash. He stood and brushed himself off as best he could and grinned lopsidedly at her as he sat down next to her.

“You aren’t kissing me,” Ginny said, moving back as he leaned in.

“Why not?” Draco asked, pouting.

“You’re covered in something. I think you need to shower first.”

With a wicked grin, Draco scooped her up and walked in the direction of the bedroom, with Ginny squealing all the way. When he kicked open the door to the main room, he shut it and placed her on the floor.

“Take off your clothes,” he ordered, his gray eyes roaming over her form lustfully.

Ginny blinked, but did as she was told, undoing the buttons of her blouse with deliberate slowness. Slipping the material off her shoulders she watched him twitch uncomfortably as she stepped closer to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him against her.

“Are you sure you don’t just want to have your way with me in the shower?” she asked haughtily, leaning in to kiss his ear.

He shuddered and kissed her fiercely, nipping at her bottom lip as he pressed her into the sink. His hands wandered underneath her skirt until she moaned against his mouth. He fisted a hand in her hair and started to kiss her neck as his fingers reached to turn on the water. When the steam began to rise, he picked up his girlfriend and stepped into the tub, but not before discarding his clothing.

Ginny's fingers tangled in his wet hair. She felt the water soaking her body, and his hands roaming all over her. As she reached to grip his shoulders her hands were shaking.

“Turn around,” he demanded huskily. “And hand me the soap.”

Ginny sighed and followed his instructions. She shut her eyes when she felt his hands come over her breasts, the sponge he was using slid over her skin, making her flinch. When his hands slid against her thigh, the sponge was forgotten as his lips crashed down on hers, his hands coming up to cradle her face.

“I love you,” he said over the rush of water. “Will you marry me?”

Suddenly, all the noises around Ginny stopped and she said nothing.

________________


Ron had been called out of the meeting early and was not happy. As he entered his office, his eyes fell on Hermione, and she grinned at him from her spot in his chair. She brushed her hand through her brown hair and rested her chin on her hand.

“They said it was an emergency…” Ron started.

“Oh, it is,” said the brunette as she stood. She was wearing a low-cut top and a skirt that showed quite a bit of leg. She stepped closer to him and watched him closely. “You’re sweating, Ronald.”

Ron swallowed and said, “You’re standing a little too close, Mione.”

“I am?” Hermione smiled as she suddenly pressed her lips to his. “I hadn’t noticed.”

As she stepped away from him, Ron blinked at her with a goofy smile on his face. “W-w-what was that for?”

Hermione grinned. “I have to tell you something.”

“Okay…” Ron said nervously. He put the papers he was holding down and leaned against the desk. “So, what is it you have to tell me, Hermione?”

Hermione Granger smiled slowly at him. “A long time ago I fell in love with a boy, and I just wanted to let him know that before I accepted a job offer in America.”

“Mione…” Ron stepped closer to her and took her in his arms. “Mione, I love you too, you know that. I’ve never wanted to say it, because there was never a good time.”

She smiled, her eyes blurry as she rested her cheek on his chest. “I’ll write you everyday.”

“Will you?” he wondered.

Hermione snorted. “Please, with no homework to do, I need something to keep me busy.”

________________


She sat down on their bed and blinked at him as he came out of the bathroom. It had been a few silent minutes since the proposal, and she expected him to be angry that she hadn’t answered him. Instead, she watched him sit at his writing desk and scribble on a piece of parchment.

“I’d appreciate a response sometime soon, Ginevra,” Draco said softly.

Ginny looked up at him. “You called me…”

“Ginny…”

“You can’t just spring this on me!” said the redhead hotly.

“Spring this on you? Ginny, we’ve been talking about getting married for months!” replied Draco arrogantly. “I just expected a quicker answer.”

“I love you,” Ginny whispered, her eyes welling up with tears. “It’s just a lot to take in, but of course, yes of course, I’ll marry you.”

Draco grinned and kissed her gently. “I love you, Weasley.”

________________


His mouth touched hers gently as the music began to play and the crowd dispersed. Congratulations were shouted around them and Ginny grinned as her family took turns hugging her and Draco. She watched as Harry and Luna conversed at the guest table they were assigned to.

When Harry stood and made his way over to her, Ginny grinned. He leaned in and brushed his lips against her cheek gently. “You look lovely, Ginny,” he whispered.

“Thank you, Harry,” she said. “Luna looks nice. When is she due?”

“In a few weeks, actually,” replied Harry, scratching the back of his neck. “She’s been great through it all.”

Ginny nodded. “She’s tough.”

Draco had come up from behind her and kissed the top of her head. “Hello, Potter,” he said coolly.

Harry extended a hand. “You’re a lucky bastard, Malfoy.”

“So are you. How’s Luna’s pregnancy going?”

“She’s doing well,” Harry said. “She’s having an easy time with it.”

Draco frowned. “Can I steal her away for a few moments?” he asked and took hold of his wife’s hand.

Ginny took his hand and he pulled her closer as a slow, mellifluous song began. She shut her eyes as they moved, and his breath skidded across her cheek.

“I love you so much,” she whispered, leaning up to kiss him.

He smiled and brushed his lips against her ear.

“We finally got our dance.”
The End.
ReverseBeauty is the author of 10 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 22 members. Members who liked Stay also liked 1521 other stories.
Leave a Review