Chapter 10 – What’s Said And Done




She hadn’t stepped foot inside St. Mungo’s since her fourth year, when her father had been attacked by a snake while on watch at the Ministry. Harry and the Dark Lord had shared a connection, and as Harry slept one night, his mind opened to the unearthly and grave injury of Mr. Weasley.

It looked the same as it had back then; a reception area filled with rickety wooden chairs and outdated issues of Witch Weekly. As Ginny took a seat furthest from the desk, the woman behind it stared at her with a hard gaze.

Abruptly, Ginny was approached by a kind-faced woman.

“Miss Weasley?” she said softly.

“Yes?” Ginny stood up, her hands trembling at her sides.

“I’m Healer Dilys. Dumbledore remembers me quite fondly,” she confessed at Ginny’s confused look. “So, I hear there’s been an accident at the Ministry. Young Mr. Malfoy was hit with a spell, was he?”

Ginny nodded slowly.

“You’ll have to speak up, Miss Weasley, as I have a hard time hearing a slight bob of the head.” Dilys smiled sweetly and led Ginny down the entrance hall and into the patients’ area. “There’s no need to be afraid,” she said reassuringly.

“I’ve been here before,” said the redhead in a small, quivering voice.

Healer Dilys stopped and looked over at her. “Ah, yes, I remember now. A snake bite was it? How is your father, dear?”

Ginny stared at the woman. “He’s doing loads better, thank you,” she said.

The Healer smiled and stopped at the elevator, waiting patiently for the doors to slide open. As the lift stopped and they heard a clank, the doors opened and they stepped inside. Ginny immediately went to the back and leaned against the wall, grabbing behind her at metal bar for support. Her heart was thundering in her chest.

“We’re going to the fourth floor – Spell Damage,” she said to Ginny. “Your father was on the first floor, was he not?”

“Yes,” said Ginny with a nod. “Is there any word on Draco’s state?”

“He’s stable,” Healer Dilys said in a quiet voice. “Though, he was hit pretty hard with whatever spell was thrown at him.” She frowned and turned to Ginny. “You didn’t see what happened, did you? They wouldn’t get into too much trouble. Maybe get their wand confiscated by the Ministry for awhile, until they learn to use it properly, but that’s about it.”

Ginny was silent as the doors opened. A young wizard stood staring at her. There was a smile on his lips that made her uncomfortable, and as he advanced on her, his hand outstretched and going for her hair, two orderlies appeared and grasped him under the elbows.

“So sorry, young lady,” one of the men said. He looked like he hadn’t shaved in a few days. “What did we tell you, Berkley?” he said to the young man who was looking at the ground.

“That I’m not allowed to touch the visitors,” he said glumly. As they walked off with him, Ginny heard him say, “But she is so pretty…and her hair was so lovely.”

“Who was that?” Ginny said, turning to Dilys. “What’s wrong with him?”

Healer Dilys looked grimly over Ginny’s shoulder at the two orderlies that were taking the man away. “That’s Jackson Berkley,” she explained. “He was hit with some kind of spell a few months ago. He thinks if he cuts off enough women’s hair, that he could escape as one and no one would be the wiser. He tends to go for the pretty ones, as you heard.”

Ginny didn’t say anything until they were standing in front of a large white door with a brass knob. “He’s in there?” she said.

“He’s awake, but he seems to be in a bit of pain now,” the woman said kindly. “I’d expect he’d be happy to see you.”

Ginny sighed and grabbed the knob and pushed the door open; it reminded her very much of the hospital wing back at Hogwarts, another familiar place, as she shut the door behind her. He was lying in the first bed with the sheets drawn up to his chin. He only stirred when he heard her footsteps coming closer.

Calmly, Ginny stood beside his bed and said, “Hello.”

Draco’s gray eyes were watery now, the skin around his eyes puffy. “You… What are you doing here?” He sat up, wincing, and reached a hand out to touch her cheek. “You shouldn’t have come. You’ll get fired.”

Ginny smiled and bent down to kiss his lips. “I won’t,” she promised. “Dad said I could go with you.”

“Your father was there?” Draco growled. “Why didn’t he stop it?”

“He got there just after,” Ginny explained. “He wouldn’t have been able to do anything.”

“Did he take Potter’s side?” Malfoy snarled, swinging his legs over the bed as she sat beside him. Ginny noticed that the blood by his mouth was gone, and suddenly her face broke into a grin. “What?” he said, glaring.

She pointed at the bottom of his hospital gown, which was exposing more than his thighs.

Draco blushed and pulled the sheet over himself.

“He was really mad at Harry,” Ginny said distractedly, her eyes still on his lap. “He had him get Ron after he sent us away.”

“Great,” he groaned. “Now all I need is the Mudblood to know what happened and I’ll be totally humiliated.”

“Hermione,” Ginny said roughly.

“Excuse me?” Draco inclined his head slightly.

“Her name is Hermione Granger,” said the petite redhead. “You would have thought after so many years you’d learn her name.”

Draco smirked and suddenly wrapped his arms around her, brushing his lips against her ear. “You’re quite adorable when you’re frustrated,” he whispered. “I’m very glad you came to see me, Ginny.”

A slow blush rose in the youngest Weasley’s cheeks and all she could do was nod dumbly. She felt his hands on her face, and as he turned her head towards his, her lips parted in anticipation. When he did nothing, she pulled back.

“Have you talked to American boy?” asked Draco.

Ginny bit her lip. “No, I haven’t. Why would I?”

“He’s an ex, Ginny. You do that with them.” Draco huffed and ruffled his blond hair slightly. He glanced around and said, “I wish there was a mirror somewhere in here. I hate going into the dingy bathroom to look at myself.”

“You’re a little in love with yourself, aren’t you?” Ginny teased.

Draco gave her a cold look.

“What? It’s just an observation.”

“It’s a bad one.”

“Shouldn’t you be lying back in pain?”

“Really mature, Weasley,” he drawled. “I’d rather be in pleasure. Would you care to help me with that?”

Ginny stared at him, her mouth falling open and shut, clearly at a loss for words. He smiled and silenced her with a kiss, his tongue making her shiver as it darted into her mouth. Her whole stomach filled with fuzzy, fluttering butterflies and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Just as the interaction happened, the door to his room sounded like it was blown open. Draco opened one eye and stared behind Ginny, there was a hazy figure coming at them, a figure with flaming red hair. It closed in on them and Draco let out a tiny yelp just as Ginny’s hands traveled down his stomach to his crotch.

Turn the fuck around!

The redhead giggled, clearly oblivious to the situation that had arisen.

“GINNY!” a voice bellowed from behind her.

Her brown eyes flashed open and she let Draco go, turning her head slowly around.

Bill’s angry face met her and he reached out to grab her arm. “What do you think you’re doing?” he snarled, throwing his head in Draco’s direction, his long ponytail falling over his right shoulder. “He’s Lucius Malfoy’s son!”

“I think she’s-”

“Keep your mouth shut, Death Eater,” Bill snapped.

“Damn it, Bill!” shouted Ginny with equal anger. “I don’t know what you’re doing here, but I want you to leave. You’ve already scared Devon away-”

“Good thing, too,” Bill said quietly.

“I don’t need you doing this to Draco as well.”

“Why are you here?” her brother asked her with narrowed eyes. “I thought you were working.”

“I was,” replied Ginny, her hands shaking. “But Harry and Draco had a fight which resulted in Draco being put in here.”

Bill’s eyes darkened slightly and a slow, uncomfortable smile pulled at his mouth. “Why didn’t Harry just finish him off? It would save the world a lot of trouble.”

“What’s wrong with you?” Ginny said, her voice tight. “You never used to be like this.”

“Like what?” he asked.

“Self-conscious,” Draco offered kindly. “She’s afraid you’re letting your personal feelings for the Muggles cloud your judgment on who I am. I can’t turn her over to the Aurors. I can’t misunderstand her as a witch, either. All I can do is be around her and help her be happy, which I’ve been doing.”

Bill was silent for a few moments, hopefully considering what he had just heard. At least he looked at Ginny. He didn’t say anything as he bent down to kiss Ginny’s forehead, and then he turned to Draco with a strange gaze.

Twenty seconds later, Bill Weasley had his hand extended in front of the youngest Malfoy.
Leave a Review