Chapter 12 – Once Again




Ginny awoke the next morning to find Draco’s arm wrapped securely around her waist, his lips pressed gently against her neck and his breathing soft, as his hair tickled her ear. She sat up and he snorted lightly, curling his hand under her pillow and snuggling into it. Had she let him stay with her last night? She was certain that when they Apparated back to her flat, he had collapsed from exhaustion on the couch and that’s where she left him.

As she swung her legs over the mattress and pressed her feet on the cold floor, she was surprised by the hand that was touched her bare back, and the fingers now brushing against her breasts. Even his mouth left her feeling warm as he kissed her neck from behind, nipping softly at certain spots.

“I didn’t know you slept naked.” Obviously he wasn’t disturbed by any means. He grinned against her ear before sliding his tongue across it, eliciting a strangled moan from her.

As his hands caressed her stomach and lower, Ginny’s hand touched his gently before she settled on her back and guided his hand between her legs. As soon as his finger came in contact with that sensitive area, her eyes rolled back and she thrust her hips against his hand.

“M-my mother wants me to stop b-by when I can,” Ginny gasped as his finger slid against her again.

He stopped touching her and withdrew his finger. “Really?”

Ginny nodded and rolled over so that he draped his hand across her stomach. “Will you come with me?” she asked him softly.

His hand slipped around to her back and he began to massage her, as she pulled the blanket around her body. He prodded her until she was on her stomach, then he eased himself on her lower back, his hands working out the knots in her spine. Ginny moaned quietly as he applied pressure.

“Are you sure they’d want to see me?” he asked, pressing the palm of his hand into her back.

“W-why not?” she growled at him.

“They hate me, remember?” He got off of her and sat at the edge of the bed, staring at the floor. She had come up behind him, and the feeling of her bare skin against his back made him groan lightly.

“They don’t hate you,” she replied softly, wrapping her arms around his neck. “They just don’t understand you.”

“Don’t feed me that ‘you’re just misunderstood’ bullshit, please,” he said, turning his head slightly to glare at her. “I’m not misunderstood. I’m not trusted by anyone who knows who my father was.”

“Are you listening to yourself?” Ginny said, blinking at him.

“Of course,” he said harshly. “What’s wrong with what I’m saying?”

Ginny came to sit on his right side, and she was fully dressed. He hadn’t even heard her rustling around behind him. She sat cross-legged on her pillow and stared at him.

“You’re going to judge everyone because they’re judging you for who your dead father was? That’s awfully hypocritical, Draco.”

The blond wizard stiffened slightly and looked at the floor. “Don’t do that,” he said softly.

“Do what – tell the truth?” Ginny asked.

“Yes,” Draco said roughly.

She glanced at him and her face fell. “Oh,” she whispered. “You think that’s true?”

It was his turn to look at her, his eyes flashing with pain. “My father was a madman,” he said slowly. “He killed without remorse, and maybe I will follow in his footsteps one day.”

“No, you won’t,” Ginny said, gripping his shoulder. As he stared at her and the look she saw in his eyes hurt her worse than Harry’s secret. “You’re nothing like him, Draco. You know that.”

He brushed her hand away and stood up. “You don’t know me.” Then he put his shirt back on and Disapparated.

Ginny heaved a sigh and walked out of her flat, suddenly feeling very miserable about the whole conversation they had just shared. Did he really think she thought that about him? It was absurd, really. Ginny was very fond of the former Slytherin, and if truth be told, she enjoyed spending time with him. It had come as a shock to her when she realized that, along with relishing the way he touched her when they were alone together.

Upon opening the door to the street, she met a familiar face, albeit a frowning face. The witch standing in front of her had long, waist length blonde hair, and large protuberant silvery-blue eyes.

Ginny smiled and embraced her friend tightly. “What are you doing here?” she asked.

Luna smiled suddenly and stepped away from her. “I saw Draco Malfoy walking away from your house,” she explained. “I didn’t stop to talk to him, because I knew he wouldn’t have remembered me if I did.”

Ginny shrugged. “He doesn’t want to hear a lot of things lately.”

“Does Devon know about him?” Luna asked curiously.

“We broke up,” Ginny said as they walked down the street. “He couldn’t handle certain things about my life.”

“He met Draco, didn’t he?” Luna grinned as they walked into The Three Broomsticks. “What are we doing here?” she asked, looking around at the pub.

“I left some things here the other day,” Ginny said over her shoulder as she climbed the stairs to the rooms. As she started toward room number eleven, she stopped, and stared at Luna. “Aren’t you coming?”

“I think you should do this on your own,” she said kindly.

As Ginny reached for the handle of the door, it opened from the inside, and Draco stood there with a few of her books underneath his arm. He stared at her and held out what he was holding. “I think these are yours,” he said warmly. “Take them.” He pressed his lips to hers briefly and wandered down into the pub.

Luna stared after him. “He’s grown up nicely.”

Ginny sighed and looked down the steps to hopefully catch him, but he was already gone.
Leave a Review