Chapter 19 – Put Into Perspective



Ginny woke the next morning to find the place next to her empty. She noticed that his half of the bed was already made and that there were no stray clothes on the floor. Suddenly, she felt her stomach twist painfully. He had left her. He had gotten what he wanted and then disappeared?

“Are you going to lie there all day?” Draco grinned at her from the doorway, his broad, bare chest on display for all to admire.

Ginny frowned slightly.

“Did you think I left?” he asked as he set a tray down beside her. “I’m hurt that you’d think I’d do something like that, Ginny.”

Ginny opened her mouth to answer but was stopped when Draco bent down and caught her lips in a slow, but heated, kiss. He crawled on top of her and tugged at the blanket that was wrapped around her.

“This works better if you let go,” Draco said as he saw that her hand was holding the blanket firmly.

She continued to stare up at him. When she suddenly sat up and crashed her mouth against his, he smirked against her lips, and used his tongue to brush her lower lip. He moved his knee against her inner thigh and shifted it slightly. Draco grinned haughtily as he pulled away.There was only a thin, white cloth separating them, and he could feel how much he had already affected her.

“What are you-?” Ginny started to ask as he slid his knee against her entrance and her eyes fluttered.

Draco simply smirked again and kissed her harder, removing the blanket as he did so, and pressed himself against her. Beneath him, Ginny squirmed and exhaled loudly once he was inside her again.

“It hurts less, doesn’t it?” he asked as he pushed deeper.

Ginny nodded, a low growl coming from her. “It feels good now,” she admitted softly as his lips found hers once more.

He grinned and let his tongue slid against her neck, hoping to distract himself from the tremble that had possessed his ankles and was climbing ever so higher. Sometimes, he wondered how he used to control himself around her. She always brought out the animalistic urges in him, even when they weren’t together.

“Are you all right?” she asked, her voice squeaky.

“Fine,” he hissed, squeezing his eyes shut as he felt the wave hit him hard, and he collapsed on top of her. “I’m sorry,” he said quietly.

“For what?” Ginny asked as she brushed a hand through his hair.

“For getting too excited,” Draco said. Two small, pink patches were visible on his cheeks as he stared at her. “That’s never happened before.”

“Oh, it’s all right, Harry used to-” Ginny stopped speaking as Draco winced, and then sneered. “Sorry,” she said quietly. “Maybe this isn’t the best time.”

Draco said nothing for the rest of their time in bed together. In fact, he didn’t touch her at all after that.

An hour had gone by before Ginny said, “I wish you’d stop being jealous about something as small as who I’ve slept with.”

Draco had had his back towards her until she spoke. He turned around and propped himself up on one elbow, staring into her face with narrowed eyes and a harsh expression. “It’s not like you’ve slept with many people, and if the last hadn’t been Potter, I would have been fine with it.”

Ginny scowled at him. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Are you stupid?”

“No.”

“Then you know what I mean.” He dressed and left the room before she could even reply.

Ginny, still furious with him an hour later, dressed quietly and slipped out of the room. She stood on the top step of the stairs and, suddenly, stepped back as she heard a crashing noise and a groan from below. He was shouting at someone.

“I told you to stay away, didn’t I?”

Ginny heard the unmistakable sound of a foot slam into the something, and then heard a thud.

“I came to see you!” said the voice. “I had no idea she was here.”

“You and I have nothing more to say to each other. Didn’t you learn that from the other day? I want absolutely nothing more to do with you!” Draco shouted, his voice shaky.

“She needs to know he’s back,” the other boy said, coughing. “He came back this morning for her. He’s at her parent’s home.”

“Who’s back?” Draco asked, clearly as confused as Ginny now felt.

“That American you hate so much, Malfoy.”

Devon.

Her eyes widened as she raced down the stairs to find Draco standing over a familiar face and she froze. No one turned around as she said, “How did you know he was coming?”

Blaise lifted his head, his mouth and nose bloody, and pinned Ginny was a cruel gaze. “What’s the matter? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

Ginny stood rooted to the spot by the banister, her hands trembling at her sides. Draco glanced at her and his eyes narrowed and he used the heel of his foot to smash Blaise’s nose. His eyes flickered and he walked over to Ginny, wrapping his arms around her rigid body and brushed his lips against her cheek.

“Come on,” he whispered gently. “I’ll take you upstairs.”

When he passed her to go to his room, she put a hand on his arm.

“No,” she breathed eerily more than said. “I want him to tell me why he did this,” she whispered and pointed to the cut on her temple.

Zabini stood carefully, ignoring his broken and bleeding nose, and he glared at her. “Because you’re a bitch,” he snarled at her. “He doesn’t deserve you.”

Draco caught Blaise with a maddening look and stepped in front of Ginny. “I want you to go upstairs,” he told her quietly. “And whatever you might hear, don’t come down.” He had his wand out and was gripping it so tight that his knuckles were turning white.

“Draco, what are you-?”

“I don’t want you to hate me,” Draco replied softly, lifting his wand arm until it was pointed at Blaise across the room.

“Do it,” he hissed. “If you really want to fucking kill me, Draco, then do it.”

Ginny had taken the steps two at a time, but she hadn’t reached the top before she came to a halt.

Crucio!”

The moment the word reached her, she crumbled on the steps, her eyes shut tight and her hands over her ears, but it was too late. Blaise was screaming, again and again, and he wasn’t stopping.

Just as suddenly as it happened, it stopped. For a moment Ginny thought she had gone deaf, but then she lifted her head and saw what had taken place.

Draco was on his knees, his whole body trembling and his wand lay beside him. Across the room, his best friend gave one last convulsion before he was still once more.

The silence that settled around them brought a sense of foreboding along with it.
Leave a Review