Chapter 9 – Sense Of A Spark




His mouth sought every part of her until she regretfully asked him to stop. For now, that’s all he would give her, the sheer pleasure of knowing that he wanted her too, but never fucking her like he had done with so many others. He frowned slightly as she wrapped her legs around his torso and squeezed, thus making him let out a tiny groan. Idly, he wondered if she would appreciate him using the term fuck on her. Perhaps he’d offend her. After all, Weasleys were easily insulted.

He let that vindictive thought ease to the back of his mind as her lips touched his neck. He smiled crookedly at her and brushed a strand of red hair away from her face as he lifted himself from her. After he adjusted his clothing and made sure his hair wasn’t too messed up, he glanced at his watch. Only ten minutes had past since they had kissed, among other things, and he sighed.

“What is it?” Ginny asked, fixing her top and sitting up. An odd feeling settled over her as she looked around Draco’s dead parents’ room. She wondered, vaguely, if he felt the same.

“I have to go to work,” he said softly. “I only came here for a visit.”

“Does it bother you to be in here?” she asked quietly.

He inclined his head. “A little,” he admitted. “But, being here with you, doing what we were doing, no it doesn’t.”

Ginny smiled thinly and stood to brush any dirt or dust from her jeans. She walked to the writing desk to grab her coat. She turned and examined the photos on the dresser again, a frown falling onto her face now. She eyed Draco fervently as he tittered near the threshold, clearly torn between stepping out into the hall and keeping himself in the room.

“Your father would be so mad,” said the redhead, glancing at him.

“I expect he would.” Draco nodded and stepped closer to her. “Can I meet you for coffee after work?” he asked as they walked into the hall.

Once they reached downstairs, she turned to him. “That would be lovely,” she said kindly. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek.

As she opened the door, a rush of wind sent her staggering against his front, his arm gripping her around the waist, attempting to steady her. He grinned slowly when she looked up at him, her hair windswept and her face pink.

“It does that when it’s windy,” Draco said, indicating the door. “It was annoying when I was younger.”

Ginny suddenly pictured a much shorter Draco, with the same sneer or trademark smirk, clutching a stuffed dragon and crying about monsters under his bed. She giggled slightly into her hand as she passed him and walked outside. She almost wanted to ask him how he dealt with false childhood bogeymen, when reality was far worse.

Instead, she turned and said, “Since we’re going to the same place, it would be stupid to go in different directions to get there, just because we’re afraid of running into someone.”

He nodded. “I agree.”

And they set off together down the pathway beyond the gate. As they Disapparated, Draco’s hand brushed against Ginny’s cheek, and she smiled.

They both landed with a pop in front of the Ministry, and were soon greeted by Arthur Weasley and Harry, both men looking sternly at Ginny. She stared defiantly at them, shoved her hands in the pockets of her jeans and marched past them without a word. She wouldn’t let them get the best of her, damn it.

“Please, I have work to do,” she said to Harry who was trailing behind her as she entered her office. “And no - I’m not going to tell you where I’ve been, and we’re not going to discuss how much everyone at home is worried about me or angry with me.”

Harry stared incredulously at her and took a seat at the edge of her desk. He sighed exasperatedly. “Look, you need to stop being infatuated with me. It’s making Hermione anxious.”

“Excuse me?” she snarled, her eyes flashing with anger.

Harry shrugged and pushed a hand through his hair. “Your little schoolgirl crush ended, didn’t it?”

Ginny’s eyes widened and she sneered at him. “Yes, it did, you conceited jackass.”

Harry’s mouth twitched slightly and his eyes darkened. “It’s nice to know you think so highly of me.”

“It doesn’t seem that way to me,” said a voice from the doorway.

Draco stood there, tapping one finger against the glass, as he glared at Harry. He pushed a strand of blond hair behind his ear in a casual move.

“Get to work, Malfoy,” Harry barked.

“Stop playing the authoritative figure, Potter, and leave Ginny alone.”

Harry smirked slightly, and Draco was surprised to see Ginny glance at him with pleading eyes. She sighed, clearly growing tired of this stupid, petty competition between the two of them. She wondered if she would ever have a normal day at the office.

“Can you two stop?” Ginny said angrily. She felt bad yelling at Draco after the morning they shared.

“No,” said Harry. “Not until he admits he’s only doing this to piss me off.”

“Doing what, exactly?” Draco asked distractedly. He had been gazing out the window carelessly.

“Doing…getting…” he stammered, narrowing his eyes. “You’re fucking her!” He shouted, pointing at Ginny.

The redhead looked mortified, humiliated, and then outraged.

“You’re wrong again, Harry,” Malfoy drawled. “It’s called a connection – what we have – something you seem to be failing at with every girl, except for the Mudblood.”

Harry moved forward, opened his mouth, and raised his wand above his head.

Draco tackled Harry around the ankles and brought him down to the ground. His body slid against the side of the desk and he glared at Malfoy, blood dripping from his nose. He shoved Draco, hard, and watched him slam his head against the floor. Then, a jet out light flew toward the blond, hitting him in the chest as he began to stand. His body crumbled within seconds and he lay motionless on the beige carpet.

Ginny, who had amazingly held her silence through it all, rushed to cradle his head.

“What did you… he wasn’t going to… Get help, damn it!” Ginny shrieked at Harry, who looked at her dolefully.

He exited the room in a hurry as Ginny bowed her head and brushed his lips against Draco’s forehead, the tears sliding down her cheek.

“What happened here?” Arthur asked as he knelt beside them.

“They were fighting…” Ginny whispered. “Draco tackled Harry, and then Harry shot a spell at him. It was really scary.”

“He has to be transported to St. Mungo’s,” Arthur said grimly, placing a hand on his daughter’s shoulder. “Do you want to go with him? I wouldn’t be mad if you did.”

Harry had reappeared in the doorway, and Mr. Weasley looked over at him, scowling.

“You’re setting a fine example for the Auror trainee’s, Harry,” he said, his voice calm. “Go and find Ron, at least you can’t manage to screw that up, I hope.”

Ginny was startled to hear her father sound so harsh.

“Yes, sir,” mumbled Harry as he left once again.

Half an hour later with Ginny by his side, Draco was taken to St Mungo’s, with blood still trickling down his mouth.
Leave a Review