12/17/07

Ginny sat in the rocking chair of her youngest child’s room, patching a hole in her eldest’ shorts. She rocked back and forth humming to herself. Every now and then she looked over to check on her daughter in her crib. Amelia Grace was the first female Malfoy in hundreds of generations and Molly Weasley’s only granddaughter. Ginny and Draco were quite proud of that fact.

Draco appeared at the doorway. “You know, you can just reparo that.”

“I know,” she responded.

“Well, why don’t you?”

“Doing it the Muggle way puts more love into it. Anyone can say a simple spell, it takes love to sew it up,” Ginny replied, smiling softly.

Draco sighed, shaking his head at his beautiful wife. She always liked to do things the hard way, it was part of her stubborn nature.

Amelia woke up with a ear-piercing scream and Draco rushed to the crib and picked up his daughter before Ginny could even put down her sewing.

“Good morning, Angel,” Draco cooed, soothing the baby. He rocked her back and forth in his arms until she calmed. She calmed best for her daddy.

“Daddy’s girl,” Ginny grumbled.

“That’s right,” Draco smiled.

“Morning, Mum! Morning, Dad!” Jeron and Zareth, the nine-year-old twins chorused.

“Good morning dears,” Ginny smiled. “Come here and give me a hug.”

They ran over to their mother and gave her a double hug and a kiss on each cheek.

“When is Kaleb coming home?” Jeron asked.

“And Jeremy?” Zareth added.

“Daddy’s going to pick them up at 10:00 this morning,” Ginny answered.

“Yay!” They shouted.

“Boys! Be quiet!” Draco scolded. “Your brothers are still sleeping.”

“Sorry, Dad.”

“I apologize.”

“What’s going on?” A sleepy three-year-old Nicholas asked, rubbing his eyes with one hand and dragging his blanket with the other.

“You woke me up,” A petulant Oliver stated from the doorway.

“Come here, dear,” Ginny said, arms out to hug the five-year-old.

Oliver crossed the room, slowly and climbed onto his mother’s lap, taking the time to show he was not happy at being woken up this early, even if his eldest brothers were coming home from Hogwarts.

“You are not a morning person, are you, mister?” Ginny smiled.

“No.”

“Well, if I make french toast will you be a morning person?”

“It’s possible,” he answered, a hint of a smile escaping onto his face.

“Draco, you heard the man! French toast!” Ginny declared standing up with the boy in her arms and heading to the kitchen.

After each boy went through at least five slices each, they went off to play in the new snow while Ginny and Draco sat down to eat. They ate in companionable silence watching their four youngest boys throw snowballs at each other, make snow angels, and snowmen.

An hour playing in the cold, brought the boys inside to warm up.

“We’re hungry,” they announced.

Their parents looked at each other and smiled and got up to make their children a snack.

Author notes: Just a little fluff. I had a snow day and decided to procrastinate studying for my tests later this week.

The End.
SMichaelM is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Good Morning also liked 431 other stories.
Leave a Review