The Dragon Prince and his Flame Princess by tigereyes320
Prologue

Disclaimer: All Harry Potter characters belong to JK Rowling. And the various Presses that release it. Doesn’t in any way shape or form belong to me

A/N I have D/G together obviously also Ron/Her. This fic will change POV from someone telling a story in one time, to seeing the scenes in the story in the past. Then back to the time when the story is being told. Parts will be the story. Interludes will be scenes from the story’s present time. Interludes will tell you what everyone’s been doing since the story.

A/N2 I have to thank echo for letting me (reluctantly) borrow her pairing of Katie Bell with Percy from Absolutely Spiffing (a great read by the way) Thank you to the following people who helped with some name suggestions Mark K, Tindomehith, Xander011, Karen R, Cpt DeBrowe.



The clock in the large, brightly lit room chimed 8 o’clock. Six heads in shades of silver and fire simultaneously looked up at the sound.

“All right everyone, time for bed.” A silver-haired man said as he closed his book. A lithe red head rose from her spot on the sofa next to his easy chair.

The chorus of no’s echoed in the room and the red head smothered a giggle as the man raised an eyebrow at his wife.

“Daddy can’t we have a story first?” 7-year-old Shannon asked.

“I’ll make a deal with all of you. If you all can be in your pajamas with faces washed and teeth brushed and be back here in fifteen minutes, I’ll tell you a story. Do we have a deal?”

All four heads nodded

“And after the story you’ll all go straight to bed? No arguing with your mother?”

Again all four heads nodded in agreement.

“Well if you want your story you’d better hurry up.”

The sound of children running through the hall echoed in the room.

“Where do you think you’re going Mrs. Malfoy?” the man asked his wife as she walked past him. He grabbed her hand and pulled her onto his lap.

She wrapped her arms around him and held him close. “I was going to check on Nathaniel, Draco. You know him-our fifteen month old?” She loved it when they got to hold each other during the rare quiet moments like this.

“He’s fine, Ginny. I have to say Grang-Weasley finally had a good idea with that baby monitor thing.” Draco motioned to the white piece of plastic, sitting by them on the table. Hermione had given it to them as a baby gift when Shannon was born. “They’re growing up on us.”

“You knew it would happen, Draco. It’s been over ten years since I left Hogwarts. Did the letter Ally sent, upset you?”

Draco’s silver eyes darkened. “She mentioned in passing that there was a ‘cute’ guy in her year in Ravenclaw that was helping her in Charms.”

Ginny smiled and held his face in her hands. “Sweetheart, you knew it was going to happen eventually. They eventually all will grow up.”

“She’s still a little girl.”

“No, she’s not. She’ll always be your little girl, Draco. Will it make you feel better to know that my Dad still considers me his little girl? Daddy believes that each and every one of our children were found under blueberry bushes, because his little girl would not be having sex.”

Draco looked at her amazed. “After seven children?”

“He’s my Dad, Draco. Just as Ally, Shannon and Marissa are always going to be your little girls. I’m always going to be my Dad’s. You shouldn’t worry too much about Ally though. She sent me a letter telling me how immature the boys at school are, and IF she were to start liking someone he needed to be like her Daddy, and he needed to treat her like Mum gets treated by Daddy.”

“She really said that? You aren’t just trying to make me feel better?”

“Yes I am, but she did say that. You’re her father Draco, what you think means a lot to her. One day we’ll both have to let go. I think we have a few years yet.” Ginny got up from his lap. “I hear the children coming back.”

No sooner did she say this then the four children came stumbling into the library. They were gasping for breath from running so hard, from their respective bedrooms.

“Daddy,” four-year-old Marissa said, as she climbed into her fathers lap. “ I ready for stowy now.”

“All right a story. Which one will it be?” Draco asked as he watched six-year-old Jason and four-year-old David crawl up on the sofa beside their mother.

“My favowite.” Marissa piped up. “ The Dwagon and his flame Princess. Pwease Daddy.” She batted her dark brown eyes at him as she snuggled closer.

“What about you Shannon? Are you to big to sit with your Dad now?”

The gray-eyed red head bit her lip and then quickly climbed on the other side of her fathers lap.

Draco took a moment to hug his girls tight and glanced over at his sons who were cuddling with their mother. ‘If you children only knew how close I came to not having any of this any of you,’ He and Ginny locked eyes and exchanged a scorching look.

“OK. Let’s see now, how does it begin?”

“Silly Daddy. You gots to say ‘Once Upon a Time ”

“Oh that’s right. Once Upon a Time. . .”

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Leave a Review