I suppose you think I’m crazy. I would think that I’m crazy. But, despite what you think, I’m not so crazy.

I’m in love. Simple as that. Not even my brother could twist it into something more complex. I don’t think that anyone could change the fact by this point; I’m in too deep to back out. And, for the record, I didn’t expect it either. Not by a long shot. I just sort of stumbled into it. It felt as though I was stumbling my way into a brick wall.

It hurt like I was stumbling my way into a brick wall.

Perhaps even the wall next to the portrait of the garden? The one where you make the turn to either go down towards Slytherin or up towards Gryffindor?

You know it, surely you do. I must have walked into that wall a million times over the years, and it always hurt like hell. You would always turn and laugh before helping me to my feet, you joked about the wall being the death of me.

Yes, you know the wall I’m talking about.

You kissed me there once, for the first time, and for the last time. I had built the moment up so far in my head that when the moment finally came, the dream just crashed down into rubble. You knew that we would never have worked out; we were too much like siblings. Still, it hurt to lose our last childhood dreams. Mum was so disappointed when she found that we had no interest in each other. She probably still dreams about it though. Despite whatever evidence there is against a match between you and me, she’ll always have that tiny shred of hope.

It was at that very wall where he first offered his hand to me. I had fallen, again, and no one was around but him. He looked down at me, startled for a moment almost, and then he offered his hand. I took it, and haven’t let go since.

Well, that’s silly, of course I’ve let go of his hand since then, and it’s not as if he follows me into the loo, but you should know what it’s like to just know that someone’s there; to be theirs to love and protect completely. You know the feeling.

You knew that something was up from the start, when everyone else was blind, you knew. Oh, you never said a word, especially to Ron, but you knew me. You saw the signs of being in love. You never said a word though, even though you worried, and you can’t deny it; I know you. I can’t thank you enough for that. All my happiness can be attributed to you.

It’s a small thorn in his side, for your childhood rivalry is still there, but he tries, for my sake. It kills him when I mention you. If you were here, you would probably laugh at the pained look on his face. He knows what we felt.

He also knows that I miss you dearly. You were always my closest friend in later years, how could I not?

Sometimes I wonder if it’s wrong to still love you, but then I realize that I will always love you, whether it’s wrong or not. You were my best friend. To be completely honest though, you always will be. No one can take your place in my heart, though some have tried.

Oh my, how time has flown. I was always able to talk to you for hours, and that hasn’t changed. I have to be somewhere very important very soon, and it would not do for me to be late. No, this is perhaps the most important day in my life, late would not do at all. He’ll be here soon, to pick me up. He’ll reach down to pull me up, and I’ll take his hand again.

I’ll always take his hand.

I wish that you could be there with us today, standing up there smiling and with a sparkle in your playful eyes, but you won’t be there; you can’t be there. I know this, but I still wish and dream about it. I’ll always regret your absence. Life’s funny like that, for along with all the happiness it gives you, you still get the heart wrenching pain. To quote some random muggle I once talked to “Life really sucks sometimes.” Plain and simple, nothing too complicated about it. Sometimes I hate it, but then I can’t help but to remember the good things about it.

Like him.

He is my shining light in the dark. Literally. We (him, mainly, but he’ll never admit it) now need a night light to sleep; it comes from too many a night falling asleep while working and worrying. At least, that’s what we tell ourselves. That annoying little light now needs to be on for either one of us to be able to fall asleep. If you saw us you would probably cry from laughter and understanding. The war left scars on us all, and no one was spared. Stupid jobs, don’t you just hate them?

Of course you didn’t. You always loved your job. It was perfect for you. It forced you to live, even when you were at your lowest in your post-war blues. Almost sounds like a music genre, doesn’t it? You knew that it was perfect from the start, or at least that’s what you told me, and seeing the look on your face made me believe it too. You were happy until the end, or at least that’s what I like to believe. It’s easiest that way, believing that everything was perfect.

Everything is as perfect as it can be at the moment. You wouldn’t believe it, but I’m getting married today. In exactly six hours, in fact. I wish you could be there. My bouquet is full of white lilies, just like the ones at your funeral. I decided that I was done feeling sad whenever I saw them and that I needed to make them part of a good memory for once. I like to think that you would be proud of who I am today.

I can hear him coming to get me, and take me to where I’ll doll up my face with makeup and don a white dress, even though everyone knows that we’ve been living together for months and not in separate bedrooms if you get my drift.

I’m finally ready to let go of you, but never to forget you. I could never forget you.

Thank you, Harry James Potter, for giving us a world where Ginevra Weasley may marry Draco Malfoy without fear.

Thank you, Harry Potter, for being the best friend a girl could ask for.

Thank you, Harry Potter, for choosing a simple gravesite and gravestone that fits you perfectly. I can’t imagine coming anywhere else to pay my respects and to talk to you. When I’m here, I feel as though you are standing right next to me. I hope you are happy, wherever you are.



The End.

Author notes: Once again, review please.

The End.
sarfisushi is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked You Must Think I'm Crazy also liked 1010 other stories.
Leave a Review