Lovestoned

He stood on the balcony overlooking the dance floor and bar. He liked to watch the bodies move to the beat of the music in his club. The flashing lights and colored fog gave a hypnotic air to the scene.

He watched the tall redhead in the sparkling scrap of a top and short skirt as she moved through the crowd, heading for the bar. He was sure she said nothing to the barkeep, merely winked or nodded and he handed her a yellow bottle. She smiled and took it from him, passing him some sickles in return. She put the bottle to her lips and drank half of it in seconds. She didn’t gulp it either; she funneled it straight down.

She blotted the glistening perspiration delicately from her brow and held the bottle to her face, basking in the coolness of the remaining liquid. She leaned her back to the bar, keeping an eye on the scene around her.

‘Look up,’ he thought in her direction. He might have thought it a little too hard for she did look up- right at him- and smiled. She raised her bottle to mimic a toast then downed the rest and was gone from the bar in a flash. The beat of the music seemed to surround him then and the lights were blinding him as they flashed. He felt as though he might pass out.

‘This is ridiculous!’ he growled to himself, regaining his composure. He felt like a fool, watching her like this from the indoor balcony off his office in his own dance club. It wasn’t as if they’d never spoken. After the fall of the Dark Lord his mother had taken over the family and set out to make things right. She was grateful to Potter and his lot for her son still being alive. She had set up various charities for those afflicted by the Dark Lord’s war and had held many benefits.

As much as Draco was loath to admit it, Potter wasn’t such a git after all. While they would certainly never be mates- let alone even friends, really- Draco now held a certain regard for the specky-eyed savior of the Wizarding World. Of course, Potter had attended every event Narcissa Malfoy threw. He’d always had Ginny Weasley on his arm. That’s when Draco had really started to notice her. From the first time they ever spoke, she had treated him as though she’d never sent bats flying out of his nose. She’d been kind, and funny, and charming. She’d certainly won him over.

Then, she and Potter had broken up. Things had ended amiably enough with Potter, but things between her and Draco had become…. weird. He didn’t know why he couldn’t talk to her anymore, why he couldn’t even stand to be in her presence. Her attitude towards him had not changed. She was warm and kind.

A knock on his office door broke him from his thoughts. He waved his wand towards the door, removing the ward. “Come in!” he said, hoping he was loud enough for whomever to hear.

“Hey mate. You coming down tonight or what?” Blaise Zabini asked as he discarded his jacket on the sofa in Draco’s office and headed out to the balcony to join him. “Crowd-watching yet again eh? The Weasley bird’s here then?” Draco gave no response. “Look, I don’t blame you mate. You know all the blokes back at Hogwarts fancied her. And she was only half-grown then. Look at her now- she looks like a model!” Blaise acknowledged as he found the redhead in the crowd. “Got a bit more in the back though, yeah? You know what they say- more cushion for the push-“

Draco cut him off with a look. “Let’s go.”

Blaise shrugged and followed. At the door to the stairs down to the dance floor, Draco paused and turned to Blaise. “She’s going home with me tonight.”

“Alright mate! Go get her!” Blaise slapped his friend on the back.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Ginny was burning up. The drink had gone straight through and not provided nearly the relief she needed. She glanced up and saw that Draco was not on the balcony off his office anymore. ‘It’s about bloody time,’ she thought and continued dancing and smiling with her friends.

She’d been broken up with Harry for over six months now. They tried to make it work for a bit over two years but they’d never made love again after a very awkward first time and it got to the point where he just felt like another brother. Then, she’d seen him interviewed on Pansy Parkinson’s talk show on the new Wizardvision Network. Pansy fawned and blushed and he did the same. At that point, she knew it was time to let go. And what a relief it was.

She’d known for a long time what needed to be done, she just needed to make sure Harry would be alright. And when she saw him with Pansy, she knew he would be. She’d known it had to eventually end when she’d received a photo from Colin Creevey from one of Narcissa Malfoy’s charity events. The photo was of her between Harry and Draco. She had one arm loosely draped around Harry’s shoulders, the other firmly around Draco’s neck. Her head was resting aside Draco’s head and his eyes had been slanted her way. She’d been smiling at the camera. Harry hadn’t even been looking.

She’d begun to make weekly visits to Draco’s club with her friends once she was officially single again. He only stayed around on Saturday nights and that’s when she went. She made sure to always look her best. The first time she’d seen him there, standing on the balcony, she’d smiled and waved. She’d wanted him to come dance with her. He’d merely acknowledged her presence, looked slightly stunned, and withdrawn to his office. They used to be very friendly with one another. She’d even- as shameful as it was- begun flirting with Draco way before she’d broken up with Harry.

“Looking for someone?” A voice whispered in her ear. She turned with a start. It was him, of course. He grabbed her waist and began to move with the music.

“Well it’s taken you long enough to come dance with me then, hasn’t it!” she laughed as she clasped her hands behind his neck.
He merely smiled briefly and his eyes bore into hers. He looked very serious and she was very nearly afraid after a few moments. He pulled her in tighter and whispered in her ear once more.

“You’re coming home with me tonight.” Then, he kissed her.
The End.
Maelyn is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Lovestoned also liked 1223 other stories.
Leave a Review