Draco leaped over the battlement after the red-haired girl. His momentum carried him faster than her and, almost immediately, Ginny was back in his arms. As she screamed, Draco let out a shrill whistle.

With a whoosh his broom shot from the shed on the grounds, the door banging open. The enchanted object raced towards the pair, catching them.

Draco let out a groan as he gained control of the broom. The girl that lay between him and his broom had stopped screaming, but she continued to shudder, which was throwing off his flying.

They landed on the same roof as before. Draco set Ginny next to him, holding her elbows until she was able to support her own weight.

Even after that point, they both sat. It was as if there was some silent decision between them. Draco finally spoke, “You want to ask me, Weasley. You might as well do so.”

She jumped at the sound of his voice, almost falling off the side again as she did so. “You called me Ginny. When I fell.”

He nodded. “I did.”

“Why did you do that?”

“Don’t take it personally, Red. I was just trying to stop you from falling.”

She said nothing.

“Fine then. My turn. What were you doing up here?”

The red-head giggled. “Your turn ? Playing games now, are we, Malfoy?”

“No. Just exchanging information. Answer the question.”

She squirmed. “I…was having weird dreams. I needed out of the castle.” A pause. “What about you?”

“I had a bad time at the Slytherin party.”

“That’s not very descriptive.”

“Neither was your answer.” This time Draco paused, but cut off her response with, “Why did you say, ‘Not you again.’?”

Ginny blushed. “Must I answer?”

“If you like responses to your questions.”

“You were in the dreams I was having.” She turned away.

“And this was a bad thing? Weasley, I’m shocked.” A look of mock offense crossed his face.

She looked around. “How did you get up here?”

Draco looked, too. The roof-top they were on was round, and appeared to be just above the Astronomy Tower. The stone work showed no blemish, yet Draco remembered opening a trap door to get up there.

“Secret passage,” he answered. “It must have sealed once I got up. No idea how I would’ve gotten down.” Draco thought for a moment before asking, “What kinds of dreams?”

Ginny’s blush was raging up her face by now. “The first was just a memory. Of the Chamber. Only- at the end- instead of Harry, it was you.”

“And the one you’re blushing about?”

Her face became impossibly redder, but she managed to keep her voice even. “That’s two questions, Malfoy. It’s my turn.”

“It is not. That was part of the question.”

“You can ask in a moment. I want to know why you saved me.”

Draco looked away. “It was reflex. Besides, even I’m not that Slytherin. Who wouldn’t save a beautiful girl such as yourself?”

“Was that a compliment, Ferret?” her voice pitched slightly higher and her eyebrows raised in comic surprise.

“No, Weasel. It was merely an observation. Any guy with brains and eyes can tell you aren’t a first year anymore.” He glanced at her, as if to say, ‘Now answer the question.’

Ginny giggled. “Fine. The other dream was of a more intimate nature.”

“Having fantasies about a Malfoy?”

The girl made a disgruntled sound and tried to hit him.

He block her arm. “Hey now, none of that. You know you liked it.”

After another pause, Draco rose. “We should get back inside. I’ll retrieve your broom.”

Before she could say anything he had lifted off on his broom, flying lazily to where her broom hovered in mid air.

Many thoughts ran through her head. Had she liked it? It had stressed her, truly, but until she’d seen his face- Had it been that bad? She shook her head. Why was she even considering this? Although, he had been warm, when she’d landed on him.

The doors of the castle slammed open and Professor McGonagall’s voice could be heard across the grounds.

“Mr. Malfoy! Get down here this instant!”

Author notes: So...yeah. Keep reviewing! I'll have the next chapter up as soon as I can. I'm loving this, I hope you are as well....

Leave a Review