Finding Color
Part Nine
By Mell8

-------------------


“I love my son,” Narcissa Malfoy said from where she was sitting in the middle of the courtroom in front of the Wizengamot. The chains on her chair had bound her in place, but they hadn’t bound her tightly.

She was there on charges of aiding the Death Eaters and You-Know-Who in hurting and killing so many innocents.

“I love my son,” she reiterated. “Your Ministry and your Order of the Phoenix would have taken him and thrown him to the wolves if I had gone to you for help getting him away from that shameless hussy. I did what I had to do to save my son from ruining his life.”

“So you went to Lord Voldemort for aid by trading information about the Order’s spy for your son’s safety?” the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot asked with an incredulous look. “If Voldemort was someone who you expected to provide safety, then you deserved watching your son be blinded,” he laughed coldly.

“At least now she’ll stay away from my son,” Narcissa said haughtily. “Two blind people cannot coexist.”

“They’re still together,” Lucius said with a shake of his head. He was standing next to his wife and was the only one present in the courtroom willing to defend her. His defense was that the only time she had ever been in the presence of the Dark Lord was when she was betraying Ginny.

“And that’s why my son isn’t here, defending me,” Narcissa snarled. “He’s off learning plebeian ways and means in order to lick her shoes just the way that bitch wants.”

“Actually,” Arthur Weasley stood from his newly appointed seat on the Wizengamot. “Ginny and your son, Draco, are still in St. Mungo’s. We won’t allow them to be released until whatever caused their sight loss is fixed.”

Narcissa laughed. “You are all fools! Your daughter came to us already blinded. She has been blind for years!”

“We would have noticed something horrible like that happening to her!” Molly Weasley cried from her place in the spectators’ stands. “We know you did something to her.”

“We did nothing,” Narcissa snapped. “You didn’t notice because you were worried about other things. You have six sons and all of them are hooligans. Why would you have the time or energy to check out every little injury she had, especially since this one doesn’t effect her daily life at all?” Narcissa looked pained for a minute before she continued. “I was too busy worrying about my husband and whether the Dark Lord would destroy my family to ever notice that my son was busy with your horrible daughter.”

“I love my daughter,” Molly snarled. “I would have noticed.”

“I love my son!” Narcissa hissed. She would have stood if the chains hadn’t barred her way. “I love my son and I didn’t notice until it was too late.”

“Ginny will be healed,” Molly said desperately.

“She sees better with her eyes closed than she does with them open,” Lucius interjected. “She doesn’t need healing.”

“They can’t heal something I’ve had since birth, Mum,” Ginny added as she slowly materialized on the floor of the Wizengamot. “I’m not going back to the hospital.”

“Miss Weasley!” the Chief Warlock snapped as he finally did his job and tried to get order in the courtroom. “You do not have the authorization to be here!”

“I am the reason there is even a court left at all,” Ginny snapped and turned her blind white eyes to look at the Warlock. “You will let me say my piece.”

The Warlock gulped when he saw her eyes and nodded.

Ginny closed her eyes and turned her head to look at Narcissa. “Narcissa Malfoy has never killed anyone. She’s never tortured for fun or reveled in someone else’s death. She has never carried the Dark Mark and has never sworn allegiance to a Dark being. Her only mistake in life is loving her son and trying to control him so that the only woman he would ever love would be her. His wife would come in second to his mother, as would any female friends and lovers. I ruined this dream for her by causing Draco to fall in love with me, so she ruined her life by trying to remove me in the only way she knew how.”

Ginny opened her eyes and looked at the Chief Warlock. “I say publicly reprimand her. Give her a monetary fine and a certain time period of community service helping those whose homes and lives were destroyed by the war and by the Dark Lord who she believed would save her son’s love for his mother.”

“You have only circumstantial evidence pointing to her guilt as a Death Eater and you have a well respected member of our community,” Lucius gestured to Ginny, “who testifies of her innocence. I agree with her proposed sentence.”

The Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot nodded his head slowly. “Very well. We will reconvene in half an hour for sentencing. The Wizengamot will deliberate and return with a verdict.”

As the Wizengamot filed out Ginny smiled to Lucius before leaving the courtroom herself. She walked to the waiting area where her family was waiting. The hallway that led to where she was going was filled with twists and turns as it wound past other courtrooms.

Ginny navigated the hallway as perfectly as if she had working eyes, and was pleased to see that Charlie and Bill, who had been sent by Molly to guide their poor blind sister because she couldn’t see any more, followed along behind her. First they followed with their hands carefully out so they could rush forward if she began to run into anything. Then they followed in disbelief because not only did Ginny never head towards the walls, but she also turned the corner without needing to be told.

She was blind; Bill and Charlie knew that because the doctor had confirmed it. But the way she walked so unerringly towards wherever she was going convinced both of her brothers that, even if her eyes weren’t working, she still had some semblance of sight.

Ginny’s hand unerringly reached for the doorknob and she pulled open the door and walked into the waiting room.
Ginny walked directly up to her mother before the older woman could say anything and sighed.

“Mum, you need to stop,” Ginny said softly. “I know you’re only trying to take care of me, but micromanaging my life just because you think I’m helpless is getting very annoying.”

“You’re blind!” Molly gasped. “You need my help, poor baby.”

“This is why I didn’t tell you sooner,” Ginny snapped. “My fifth year in school is when I lost my sight. Almost two years ago,” Ginny explained. “And I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want to be wrapped up in padding and put into a padded room where nothing could hurt me. I am fine on my own.”

Ginny sat down in midair and used her magic to make a chair materialize underneath her.

“How did you do that?” McGonagall asked.

“Compared to me, you lot are blind,” Ginny explained as the chair grew and became a couch. Draco walked into the room a second later and joined Ginny.

“Everything has magic inside of it. Wizards and witches have the ability to manipulate the magic inside of us, which is what sets us apart from Muggles,” Ginny explained as McGonagall’s old, wrinkled face came into focus.

“Yes, I know that,” McGonagall said impatiently. “That’s basic magical theory.”

“Normal wizards and witches use a wand for magic. The wand is able to connect to the magic inside the witch or wizard and expel it outward. The intent to which that expelled magic is focused on connects with the magic of another being.” Ginny pointed to the chair across the room. “You could use your wand to change that chair into a desk.

“I can see the magic in everything when my eyes are closed,” Ginny finished. “Since I can see the magic inside myself, I don’t need a wand to connect with it. I touch my magic and use it to influence the magic of another being.” She waved her hand dramatically and the chair became a desk.

“You could do anything with that,” McGonagall gasped. “Unlimited power!”

“I’m not a god,” Ginny laughed. “I have a limited amount of magic inside of me and it is still the intent to which I put that magic that influences things around me. What you can do with a wand, I can do without, but what you can’t do with a wand, I can’t do either. I can’t bring the dead back to life or cure blindness,” She gripped Draco’s hand as she said the last.

Draco bent over and kissed the top of her head gently. He stood and held a hand out to Ginny.

“The Wizengamot is reconvening,” he said to everyone in the room. He and Ginny led the way back down the twisting hallway to the courtroom.

Draco and Ginny went to Narcissa’s side as the Wizengamot filed back into their seats. Draco bent down and kissed his mother’s cheek and nodded politely to his father.
The Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot stood and cleared his throat. He held a scroll in his hands that no doubt had Narcissa’s sentence on it, but he didn’t unroll it just yet.

“Mr. Draco Malfoy,” he said coldly. “I could have you debarred from this hearing entirely for entering so late. Please move to a seat with the rest of the spectators.”

“I’m family,” Draco snapped. “I have every right to be here.”

“You should have been here at the start of the trial!” the Chief Warlock snapped. “Remove yourself from this courtroom or I will have you removed.”

Draco sighed, annoyed. “Just because the goblins in Gringotts take forever is no reason to keep me from my mother’s trial,” Draco hissed.

“What does that have to do with anything? Leave, now!” the Warlock snarled.

Narcissa Malfoy gasped and whimpered. “No, I won’t allow it!” she yelled.

“You are the accused and have no say in this courtroom!” the Warlock yelled back, spittle flying from his mouth as his anger escalated.

“You are not marrying her, Draco!” Narcissa continued, ignoring the Chief Warlock. “You are not allowed to marry her!”

“Marriage?” Molly Weasley snapped as she stood in her seat in the stands. “My Ginny marrying a Malfoy? Impossible!”

“They’re engaged you stupid woman!” Narcissa snapped at Molly. “I tried to stop them and that’s why I’m here right now!”

“Ginny having a short relationship with your son, I can allow. But you are not to marry him, Ginny! We’ll talk about this when you return to the hospital!”

“Damn it,” Ginny sighed. She looked at Draco who was grimacing for letting the cat out of the bag. He didn’t know how his mother had known that him going to Gringotts meant he had gotten the family ring that was now in his pocket out of the vault. He shrugged helplessly to Ginny and hoped that after all this insanity was over she would still accept the ring.

The two mothers continued to bicker, although if they ever stopped to listen to themselves, they might have realized they were on the same side of the argument: completely against the marriage of their children.

“That’s enough!” the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot screamed. “Silence!”

Narcissa and Molly sniffed coldly at each other before turning and glaring at the Chief Warlock.

Once there was silence the Warlock continued. “Well,” he snapped. “Since it seems that the impending marriage between Draco Malfoy and Ginevra Weasley is the focus of the issue here, let me alleviate your problems.”

He turned to where Draco and Ginny were standing together, hand in hand, and gave them both a hard look.

“Draco Malfoy, are you willing to marry this girl?”

“Yes,” Draco answered convincingly. He wasn’t sure where this conversation was going, but he did know that he loved Ginny.

“Wonderful,” the Warlock snapped. “Ginevra Weasley, are you willing to marry this boy?”

“Yes,” Ginny replied with the same amount of conviction as Draco.

“Then, in front of all these witnesses and with the power invested in me as the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Kiss so we can get on with the trial.”

Molly Weasley fainted and Narcissa Malfoy savagely bruised herself trying to break free of her chains to attack someone, either Ginny or the Chief Warlock, no one was sure, and had to be sedated.

But none of that mattered because Ginevra Molly Malfoy nee Weasley was in her husband’s arms getting the best snog of her life.

Author notes: I don't know if this is the last chapter, if there is going to be an epilogue, or if there are going to be more chapters. As of right now, I've written everything I've had planned for this story. Basically, if my muse decides that there is more to the story, then more will be written. Please feel free to express any plot ideas you might have that I can use in any reviews (but only if you think there needs to be more plot). If an idea sparks something, I'll write it!


Thank you to everyone who reviewed.

Leave a Review