October 27th, 1995

Hi. I’m Colin Creevey. I just turned fourteen last month. My dad is a milkman and my mum is a housewife. I am a wizard.

It’s totally cool. You wouldn’t believe how excited I was when I first found out – I mean, I can do magic! –Oh, my little brother Dennis can too. Mum and Dad are really proud of us both. He’s doing really well, especially in Transfiguration, although he’s been having a bit of trouble in Potions. But I can’t really blame him – it’s not my best subject either, and Snape is really, really scary. I once got this photo of him glaring at me, and when I developed it to make it move (wizard photos move, it’s amazing!) it scared Tom’s (one of my roommates) cat so much that he made me take it down from my collage.

Oh! –Right, the photos. I almost forgot to mention them, I’m really not so great at this writing-things-down stuff. The thoughts just zip through my head and I can never remember what I meant to say.

Well, anyway, I just wanted to send you this, Professor, because I think that Draco Malfoy is – well, actually, this started out as a first entry for my diary (Ginny said that they helped her keep her thoughts together and I thought I’d try it. Even though I already kind of do that with taking pictures) but I just changed my mind because I think I need to share this. It’s pretty big.

Well, it is. I mean, I’m no Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, but I’ve caught some pretty important moments on my camera. Like, I saved my life with it my first year, when I was taking a picture of that basilisk – too bad that didn’t turn out, it would’ve been amazing. Or when I got that picture of Sirius Black, flying away on a hippogriff – that one was just meant to be a photo of the landscape, but he flew in the way, and it turned out to be a great action shot. But I haven’t told anyone, because they would either not believe me or take it away – or all the ones, last year, of the Triwizard Tournament. That hardly ever happens, you know.

But this year, I got some pictures that I’m really worried about. I mean, I didn’t realize until just yesterday, when I was sorting through all of the ones I’ve taken this year, to decide which to send home and which to keep with me, that I saw the connection – how long it's been going on.

So anyway, I’ve clipped them all under here. I’m really good about dating all of my photos, and I wrote some notes under each of them – you know, like my reactions, or just saying who and when it was, so that I never forget. I’m trying to train myself, so that I can be a photographer for the Daily Prophet when I grow up, Professor Flitwick told me I have a real talent – although being a detective would actually be really fun, too, and I would get to take a lot of photos for that job too. And I’m getting really good at figuring out what’s going on just by looking at some photos, so maybe – anyway, here they are.


September 5th, 1995 – Draco Malfoy glaring at Harry, Ron, and Hermione again – Ginny, too, for some reason.

September 13th, 1995 – Breakfast, Ginny dropping her orange juice so it shatters on the table. Not sure why – think Ron said something about Malfoy.

September 13th, 1995 – Malfoy left breakfast after Ginny, and when I arrived he had her cornered against the wall. They both looked really mad, and they both told me to go away.

September 13th, 1995 – Ron and Malfoy fighting, about five minutes later.

September 15th, 1995 – Harry and Ginny practicing Quidditch. Draco Malfoy watching them – he just snuck in.

September 23rd, 1995 – Hogsmeade weekend – The crowd at Zonko’s. Malfoy and Ginny are kind of close together for some reason. Almost like they’re here together. On the left, Justin Finch-Fletchley just got hit in the head with a huge Fizzing Whizbee that someone threw at him.

September 26th, 1995 – Draco Malfoy and Blaise Zabini at the Slytherin table. They keep on whispering and looking over here, and Zabini keeps on laughing.

September 28th, 1995 – Don’t know what happened, but I found Malfoy in a hallway threatening this first year with a whole bunch of awful stuff if he “told anyone”. What’s he hiding?

September 29th, 1995 – Ginny was in a really bad mood all of today, and in the hallway, she up and cursed Malfoy! Bat-Bogie hex in progress.

October 2nd, 1995 – Ginny’s finally gone back to normal. Actually, she’s extra happy now, for some reason. Look at that grin.

October 2nd, 1995 – Tonight, Ginny got really quiet and nervous, and then asked Hermione if she could talk to her in private. They went over to the corner, and have been whispering for a really long time. Hermione just yelled, “WHAT?” about something Ginny said.

October 2nd, 1995 – Hermione said something to Ginny, and then Ginny started to get mad, and now they’re just shouting, things like, “Just ask Ron, I’m telling you Ginny – he’s just using you!” and “Shut UP, Hermione! Why did I ever think I could trust YOU? You’re so head-over-heels with my brother that you’ll agree with anything it says, no matter how STUPID!”

October 2nd, 1995 – Ron just went over to try and break it up. I think Ginny broke his nose.

October 3rd, 1995 – Everyone’s talking about that fight last night. Even people in other houses heard about it… Even the Slytherins! Malfoy is glaring at Hermione, for some reason.

October 3rd, 1995 – Actually, Hermione’s giving Malfoy really weird looks, too. She keeps on staring at him… then shaking her head and muttering something…

October 3rd, 1995 - …and then Ginny gives her this horrible death glare, and she goes all red and looks away.

October 11th, 1995 – Ginny and Hermione still aren’t talking. It’s insane. I mean, its been over a week! I did get this weird photo, though, of Blaise Zabini – Draco Malfoy’s friend – talking to her in the hallway. They were being really quiet, so I didn’t hear what they were saying, but it didn’t seem to be angry, which is weird. I mean, he’s Draco Malfoy’s friend!

October 12th, 1995 – Ginny and Hermione are talking again! See, Hermione’s apologizing about something….

October 12th, 1995 – …and then Ginny was…

October 12th, 1995 – …and then they started hugging…

October 12th, 1995 – …and then they went up the girl’s staircase together. I wonder what that was all about?

October 13th, 1995 – Malfoy and Zabini acting really weird at breakfast today. Look – they keep on smirking at Ginny and Hermione, and then Blaise says something, and they both crack up.

October 17th, 1995 – Draco Malfoy and Ginny Weasley. Flying on the Quidditch pitch. Together. What the heck?!

October 26th, 1995 – OH MY GOD. I can’t BELIEVE that I saw this – but the picture proves that it’s true. How on EARTH did this happen? GINNY WEASLEY and DRACO MALFOY, SNOGGING in a CLOSET!? I think I’m going insane!

And there you go, Professor McGonagall. I have to admit, I was really freaked out at first – I still am – it’s a little like finding your little brother kissing the girl that you used to have a crush on – not that he HAS. And not that I meant Draco Malfoy is like Dennis and I never had a crush on Ginny. Or. Well, it went away, anyway.

But my point is, it was really weird.

But then I figured it all out. Professor, you have to do something! I tried talking to Ginny, and she just told me that they were dating, and asked me not to tell anybody – and Draco Malfoy hunted me down and threatened me, just like he did that first-year, except that he also threatened my camera! – that was when I ran away. It was crazy scary.

Oh, and Blaise Zabini also found me, and he kept on trying to talk to me, about how it really wasn’t as surprising as I thought, and stuff. And Hermione just came up and sat down next to me and said, “Crazy, isn’t it? You can’t imagine how hard it was to keep this a secret. But I actually think they’re good for each other…”

Professor McGonagall, I think it’s obvious what’s going on.

Draco Malfoy, evil Slytherin, cursed Ginny – and he’s got Hermione under his control, too! You have to help us – who knows who’s next!

~*~*~

Mr. Creevey,

As talented a photographer as you are, I just have one favor to ask.
Please, stop reading so many horror stories – and never ever try to become a detective.

Sincerely,

Professor M. McGonagall

The End.
VickyVicarious is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Shutter Clicks also liked 1145 other stories.
Leave a Review