Loneliness was not something that he was used to. He had many people around him that loved him, but the love he was looking for was not the kind of love he had in his life. He wanted passion, romance and an undying devotion that couldn’t be destroyed. Right now, all he had were his parents, his friends and the women who loved his money. The war was taking its toll on him too. While he believed in what he was doing, was the first to stand up and lead the next mission, he still wanted to come home to someone.

His mother tried her hardest to find him a suitable female companion. However, once he got to know these girls; that was all they were, just girls. Girls who saw wealth, power and status, they all lacked the ability to be interested in him. No, he needed a woman with substance, who had her own mind, who looked beyond his money and family name, someone who he could talk to, to hold and to love.

The closest he ever came to find that person, was his best friend, Pansy Parkinson. He did have a crush on her at one stage. However, as they both grew, they realised that their relationship was more like a brother and sister love, not the kind of love that they both wanted. Now, as he walked through the great gardens of the Malfoy Mansion, smiling and nodding to the guests attending their latest celebrations, he truly wished he had someone by his side. Not just someone, he could love, no, she had to be more than that. He needed a friend, a companion, someone who he could seriously talk to.

He found himself in the centre of the gardens, his mother’s greatest water feature stood tall and proud. The Fountain of Angels was where his mother came to read or be by herself. There was one huge Angel in the middle, and two smaller Angels by her side. The two smaller Angels dance around the taller one, showering her with rose petals. As the petals would fall, they would turn into water droplets and fall back into the fountain. His mother always told him that if he really wanted something, he should just come to this fountain, close his eyes and make a wish. He sighed as he watched the petals turn, then splash back down, all he wanted right now was an Angel of his own.

He was just about to turn around and head back towards the Mansion when he heard the sweetest thing imaginable. Somewhere around him, a girl was laughing. It wasn’t a forced and fake laugh, like he was used to hearing. It was the kind of laugh that told you that the person you were with was having a good time, it was genuine laughter. He looked over all the guests around him; all the faces that he saw almost every day greeted him. He could still hear her, and he found himself moving, as if he was drawn to this woman’s voice.

He walked past a group of people, and there she stood. It was almost like someone was sending him a gift from the heavens above. She was standing right where the clouded night sky had parted and the moonlight shone brightly down upon her. Her feet were delicately wrapped inside a pair of dark red, diamond, strapped heels. The dress she wore was of the same colour that shimmered under the light of the moon. He noticed that as she moved, her smooth white legs would appear and disappear through the slits up either side of the dress.

As he moved his eyes up, he took note of the way her dress hugged her figure. Every curve was perfect, like a famous sculptor had moulded her into shape. The dress had thin straps across the shoulders that showed off her slender, white arms. Her hands were just as perfect as the rest of her. She turned slightly so her back was now facing him, and he felt his breath catch in his throat as he now looked at her exposed back. The dress hung low and her white skin almost seemed to glow under the light of the moon. Her hair looked dark from where he stood, it was long, straight and as a slight breeze picked up in the air, it blew a few stands back away from her face.

He went to move, to approach her but found himself stuck to his spot. He willed his feet to move, but they wouldn’t. All he could do was stare at this Angel, an Angel whose face he couldn’t see.

“Like what you see, Draco?” he heard a sweet, but familiar voice whisper in his ear.

He turned his face slightly to the right, yet his eyes never left the object of his desire. “Actually Pansy, yes…Yes I do like what I see, very much so. Who is she?” he asked. Pansy bursts out laughing and this made Draco look away from his Angel and look at Pansy. “What is so funny?”

“Oh, Draco,” Pansy began to say as her laughter subsided. “I never thought in a million years that you could like the looks of her,”

“The likes of whom?” He asked again, this time in confusion.

“That, my dear friend,” Pansy said with a smile as she pointed to the girl Draco was staring at. “Is Ginevra Weasley,”

Draco’s jaw dropped as the shock of Pansy’s words set in. His head whipped back to look at the girl, and he still couldn’t see her face. “Are you sure that is who she is?”

“Of course it’s her. Your father has taken a huge interest in Miss Weasley now for the last couple of weeks, hasn’t he told you about her?”

“No, he hasn’t. I only just got back early this afternoon. Why is he so interested in her?” Draco asked and he found that his eyes still would not move away from Ginny, no matter how hard he tried.

“It seems that Ginny had a falling out with Potter. A huge falling out by the sounds of it,” Pansy said with excitement. “Apparently, Potter has been unfaithful to the youngest Weasley, and she caught him in the act. Rumour has it that she attacked him with all different kinds of curses. She became so enraged, that she almost used an unforgivable. However, the Mudblood was there and stopped Ginny,”

“Potter was cheating with the Mudblood?” Draco asked incredulously.

“No, I don’t think so. I heard the girl was a Muggle that had to have all kinds of memory modification done. She is apparently still in St. Mungo’s.” Pansy said in amusement.

Draco absorbed all of this new information he could, his brain still trying to register that he was attracted to Ginny Weasley.

~~*~~


Ginny was surprised about how much she was enjoying herself. Never in her wildest dreams did she ever think that she would be invited to one of the Malfoy’s exclusive parties and be widely accepted. This party was the third that she had attended in two weeks and thoughts of Harry Potter, were slowly fading. She thought that Harry was the one; she thought that he loved her just as much as she loved him. However, that night she caught him cheating on her was the night that changed her forever.

After she had graduated from Hogwarts, Harry had surprised her with a new home to go to. She was supposed to start her Auror Training soon after they had moved in together. Harry, however, decided that he needed Ginny to help research things for the Order, so her training was put on hold. Two years later, she thought things were going great as far as their relationship was concerned, until that night. That night she saw Harry for who he truly was, a scared little boy being thrown into an adult world.

She had told Hermione to leave her alone that night; all she really wanted to do was crawl into a hole and die. She found that hole in the form of The Hog’s Head, a pub that she knew Harry wouldn’t dare to go to and where she could drown her sorrows late into the night. She woke the next morning with a thumping headache, but once she had a chance to sit up and clear her sleepy vision, she gasped in shock at her surroundings.

She was in a room that was decorated in the most beautiful furniture she could ever possibly imagine. She panicked as she couldn’t remember much of the previous night and wondered if she had done something she would regret later. Her panic only got worse once someone entered her room. The emotionless face of Narcissa Malfoy was cold enough to turn any raging fire into freezing ice. Narcissa placed a tray down beside Ginny and then left the room, leaving Ginny shocked and confused.

She looked down at the tray and saw a folded piece of parchment. She picked it up, unfolded it and read what it said.

Ginevra,

Considering the state you were in last night, I thought it best to bring you back to the Malfoy Mansion for your own safety. Please enjoy your breakfast, and once you are done, you will find spare clothing and fresh towels in the bathroom. Please see me once you are done. There is a map below to show you how to reach my study.

L. Malfoy


Ginny sat in shock for what seemed like hours. How on earth did she wind up at the Malfoy Mansion? Why was it best to be here for her own safety? She tried hard to remember what had happened at the pub, but the pounding in her head just wouldn’t ease. She finally braved to see what else was on her try. To her surprise and great relief, a bottle of Headache Relieving Potion was sitting beside a plate full of bacon, fried eggs and tomatoes. Downing the potion first, Ginny began to eat. As the potion began to work, she felt her hunger grow, allowing her to really appreciate the rather delicious breakfast.

She quickly showered and changed, noticing that the clothes she was given must have been from Narcissa’s own wardrobe. There was no way she could afford the pale blue, silk blouse she was now wearing. The black pair of pants she was given to wear, also felt soft and smooth as put them on. Part of her was now feeling very nervous, the other part of her desperately wanted to find out what had happened. Once she was dressed and felt presentable, she took the piece of parchment she was given and followed the map to Lucius’s study.

She reached the double oak doors and knocked, when she heard someone say enter, she took a deep breath then entered. Lucius looked up from where he sat behind his desk and smiled.

“Ah, Ginevra, please come in and take a seat,” he motioned to a chair opposite him.

Ginny nodded her head, closed the door and nervously sat down in the chair. She didn’t say anything; she just waited for Lucius to speak.

“I’m not sure if you remember much of last night,” Lucius began and paused when he saw Ginny shake her head no. “Well, I thought it strange that you were there to begin with. However, Miss Parkinson decided to have a chat with you. Everything seemed fine for a while, which surprised me. After a few hours though, your brother and Mr. Potter entered the pub, obviously they had been looking for you. An argument broke out and you began hexing Mr. Potter,”

Upon hearing this, Ginny blushed and still tried very hard to recall anything of what Lucius was saying, but her mind was still coming up blank.

“I believe your brother tried to stop you and get you to leave with him,” Lucius continued. “However, you protested and said that you didn’t want to go anywhere. Another…Err, fight broke and you still were protesting. So I decided to step in at this point and Miss Parkinson and I brought you here.”

“I…I don’t remember anything,” Ginny said as she shook her head.

Lucius chuckled at her response, “I didn’t think you would. Miss Parkinson told me of the conversation you were having with her, and also confessed that she kept you drinking. My guess is you were too intoxicated, so it is no surprise that you don’t remember anything,”

“Oh,” Ginny blushed again. She couldn’t believe that she was so foolish to allow someone like Pansy to lead her astray, even though, her anger towards Harry was of a tremendous amount. “I’m sorry for any trouble, I may have caused you. I thank you for your hospitality, but I really should go,” Ginny said in a rush of embarrassment.

“No, Wait,” Lucius said as he watched Ginny rise from her seat. When he saw that she had stopped and sat back down, he smiled at her. “I have a proposition for you,”

“A proposition?” she asked

“Yes," Lucius nodded. "During your conversation with Miss Parkinson, you told her that you were a Researcher for Mr. Potter. Now, I am not sure if it is your wish to return to that job. However, I have recently found myself in need of a new assistant. It will be a paid job; it requires long hours and a great deal of confidentiality. I thought you may like to consider this,” Lucius then sat back in his chair as he watched Ginny think things over.

Ginny allowed all this new information to sink in, she thought about returning to her apartment and her job, and her heart shattered. Harry would be at home and at her place of work. She wasn’t even sure if she could go back to her apartment, she did think she could go back to the Burrow. However, she did enjoy the freedom of not being home with her parents. She nervously looked up at Lucius, who was waiting patiently for an answer, surprised by how nice he was being to her, considering who she was. Without another thought, she gave him an answer.

“I think that sounds like a wonderful idea,” she said with a smile, though in her mind, a voice was crying out to her to get out of this house.

“Excellent,” Lucius replied with a huge smile upon his face. I must insist that you now reside here, as this job requires so much time, it would be pointless of you to find somewhere new to live,” Lucius rattled off all her duties and the conditions of her employment.

Most of it was a blur to Ginny. The thought of her living in the Malfoy Mansion was all she needed to hear to make her regret what she had done. A part of her brain was screaming at her to get out, but the other side was telling her she’s doing the right thing. She couldn’t face Harry again. About an hour later, she was signing forms and being shown around the Mansion by Narcissa.

Now here she was, socialising with some of the most influential people known to the Wizarding world. She was quite anxious to finally meet Draco. He had been away on a mission for the last couple of weeks and wasn’t sure how he would react to her presence. One thing she knew for sure was that she would see him tonight.
To Be Continued.
Elena78 is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Draco and Ginny Pudding also liked 201 other stories.
Leave a Review