News

~~~~~

“Calm down, love. Stop pacing around,” Draco told Ginny.

Ginny looked up from her current spot on the other end of the room. “What do you mean calm down? Harry is still out there! He could be DEAD, and you are telling me to calm down?” By this time, she was nearly hysterical.

“Come here,” Draco told her gently. She complied, sitting next to him on the comfortable couch that was in their house. He wrapped his arms around her and continued, “Pacing won’t bring him back any faster. And I’m sure he’ll be fine. He is Harry bloody Potter, after all.”

“Don’t call him that!”

“You know I only mean it with the utmost respect,” he said sarcastically. “And besides, he has defeated You-Know-Who what, seven times now? There’s nothing to worry about. Plus-“

“Don’t even say that it’s not good for the baby. You don’t want to mess with me right now.”

“I wasn’t going to say that!” he said, mock-offended.

“Sure,” she said, giving him a look, “What were you going to say then?”

“Um...I was going to say that...um...”

“Told you.”

~~~~~

“DRACO! STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING THAT IS CAUSING THE EXPLOSIONS! I AM TRYING TO SLEEP! IT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR CHILD IF I AM CONSTANTLY BEING WOKEN UP!”

“I thought you didn’t like it when people say something is not good for the baby!” he shouted back playfully.

“It is my prerogative as the mother to decide if something is bad for the baby, and no one else’s! Now shut it and let me sleep!” she replied in a grumpy voice from their bedroom.

Draco chuckled to himself. She was so cute when she was angry. Though he had to admit, his experimental potion-brewing had been making quite a bit of noise. But he was so BORED! He’d already been stuck in the house for twenty-four hours. His patience was growing a little, well, impatient. As much as he hated to admit it to himself, he wanted to find out if Potter was okay. Only because Ginny was worried, mind you.

He looked up as he heard a tapping at the window. It actually scared him for a minute; he was a tad jumpy lately, what with the evil wizard wanting them dead. But it was just an owl, so he let it in.

“Ginny! Come here!” Draco yelled up to her, looking down at the message that the owl had just dropped in his lap.

“DRACO! WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU ABOUT DISTURBING ME WHILE I AM SLEEPING?” she shouted back.

“It’s about Harry!”

“Well, why the hell didn’t you just say so?” she yelled, sounding even more irritated.

“Sorry, love,” he said, smiling to himself. He could still never take her seriously when she was mad.

“Are you laughing at me?” Ginny said from behind him, at the bottom of the stairway that led up to the bedroom.

“Of course not.”

She just glared at him. “So what did that letter say?”

“Harry’s alright. They’re taking him to St. Mungo’s right now.” At the sad look on her face, he added, “But only as a precaution. He really is just fine.”

“Good. Did they say anything about Tom?”

“Who?”

“You-Know-Who,”

“Oh yeah, because of that diary that my dad gave you. Very sorry about that, love,” he said, half-joking. She had told him that whole story several months ago, and he had already been yelled at for that particular event.

“You better be sorry. Now, did they say anything about him?”

“Yes, here it is,” he said as he scanned the bottom of the letter. His eyes widened. “Merlin, they think he’s gone! Harry killed him!”

Ginny had a look on her face that was a mixture of shock and happiness.

“But don’t get your hopes up too high. They haven’t found a body yet, so they’re not sure. And we still have to stay here in case some of the Death Eaters want a little revenge.”

“I don’t care! He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named might be dead! Yay!” She ran towards Draco and jumped up to give him a hug.

“Oy! I’m happy too, but I still need to breathe!” he said.

“Oops, sorry,” she said with a giggle.

“I haven’t heard that in a while. You know, you are really pretty when you’re smiling.”

“Why, thank you. You look quite handsome yourself.”

“I already knew that.”

“Oh, shut it and kiss me!”

“Well, if you insist...” he said, before pressing his lips to hers.
Leave a Review