“You’re wrong,” she yelled. “He loves me and he’s coming for me.”

Ron sat on the couch next to his sister. “Your name in Ginny Potter. You’re married to Harry.”

“Liar.” She scrambled away from him to the far end of the couch. “My name is Ginny Malfoy.”

Ron raised his eyes to meet Harry’s gaze.

Harry shook his head and then cleared his throat. “We’re going to leave for a bit. Is there anything you need?”

She crooked her head to one side as she examined him. “Why are you doing this to me?”

“I love you,” Harry replied.

She whipped her head around to face Ron. “Did you hear that? He loves me.” Her voice went up in pitch. “He keeps me locked in the attic because he loves me.”

“We’ll be back in a bit.” Ron tried to sound reassuring. “Want anything to eat?”

“I want more chocolates. The good kind, not that rubbish you bring me.”

Harry pointed to the coffee table. “I brought you a new box this morning. Remember?”

She sighed and reached for the candy.

Harry opened the door while she was occupied with the chocolate and allowed Ron to walk through. Once they were both on the other side, Harry replaced the wards and then slumped against the wall.

The grief on his friend’s face left him at a loss for words. Ginny was his sister. It pained him to see her this way. If something like this had happened to Hermione, Ron didn’t know if he’d be able to go on.

“I need a drink,” Harry stated.

Ron followed him downstairs to the massive kitchen where Ginny used to spend her days baking cakes and cookies.

Harry filled two shot glasses with amber liquid and left the bottle on the table. Ron noticed several empty fire whiskey bottles sitting on the countertop. He sipped his drink and waited for Harry to speak.

“She’s getting worse.”

That wasn’t what Ron wanted to hear, even if it was the truth. “If we could just figure out how he did it.”

Pulling off his spectacles, Harry rubbed the bridge of his nose. “It has to be some sort of hex.”

“I thought the bastard was dead.” Ron slammed his glass down on the butcher-block table. “Why would he come back after all this time?”

“Revenge.” Harry poured himself another drink. “He hold’s me responsible for the death of his family and friends.”

“The war ended ten years ago. Voldemort died. He took most of his followers with him. How in the hell did Malfoy survive?”

“Cockroaches are hard to kill.” Harry downed the liquor in his glass. “There’s something I never told you.” He rolled the empty glass between his palms. “Ginny talks to him in her sleep.”

“What?”

“Your sister and I never shared a bed before we were married. The first night she woke me talking in her sleep I thought it was cute. Most nights I was so tired I didn’t bother to listen. One night I stayed up late reading, and I really listened to what she was saying.” He poured himself another drink. “She was talking to Malfoy like he was in the room. She was dreaming that they were locked up together at Grimmauld place.”

Ron stared at Harry. “And?”

“She was friends with him in her dreams.”

“Did you ask her about it?”

“I did. She laughed and said she’d always had crazy dreams.” Harry shrugged. “I didn’t like that she was dreaming about him, but I wasn’t alarmed. Mostly they drank hot chocolate, griped about being locked up, and for some odd reason they baked cookies.” He chuckled. “Can you picture Malfoy in one of your mum’s aprons baking cookies?”

Ron snorted. “Not bloody likely.

“Anyway, I never pressed her about the dreams because they seemed harmless. I hated to bring up Grimmauld place. Ginny still resented that I sent her there. She wanted to help fight.”

“You sent her there to keep her safe,” Ron stated.

“Look how that worked out.” Harry sighed. “I keep wondering if he got to her back then. Could he have infiltrated the house somehow and put a spell on her that would be activated ten years later?”

“I don’t know. There isn’t much we can do about it if he did. We need to find a way to remind her of her real life. Have you thought about bringing the boys home from Hogwarts?”

“I don’t want them to see her like this. I was hoping to get her back to normal before they came home for the summer.”


***

As soon as they left the room, Ginny bit into a chocolate caramel cream. If it weren’t for the chocolate, she’d go insane.

“Ginevra.”

Bolting to her feet, she searched the room for him. “Draco? Where are you? Why can’t I see you?”

“Harry has warded the house against me. He’s trying to keep you for himself.”

“He’s convinced Ron that I’m crazy as well. How did he do it? How did he turn all of them against me?”

“Harry was always jealous of us. When he returned from the war he expected to find you pining for him.” Draco chuckled. “The look on his face when he heard we were engaged is one of my favorite memories.”

Hearing his voice reassured her she wasn’t round the bend. “I want to come home.”

“I’m working to that end. You’ll have to be patient.”

She sat on the couch. “Can you stay and talk with me for a bit? Hearing your voice helps.”

“Remember who you are. You are Ginevra Malfoy. You are strong and resourceful.”

She bit into another chocolate. “I’d be stronger if I had my wand. Do you know what he’s done with it?”

“No.” He sounded annoyed.

“Start using that scheming Slytherin brain of yours,” she demanded. “Get me out of here.”

“Soon, my love. Keep eating the chocolates. They make you happy.”

She smirked. “I always said if I couldn’t have you chocolate was the next best thing.”


When Draco’s voice drifted away, Ginny sighed. There had to be a way out of this attic. She’d already tested the window and the floorboards. Harry wasn’t stupid. He’d warded every inch of the attic to prevent her escape. If she wanted out of the house, she needed to escape the attic first.

Curling up on the couch, she closed her eyes and dreamt of Draco’s touch.

“Ginny,” a feminine voice whispered her name.

She blinked and sat up. The sight of the bushy haired witch made her smile. “Hermione, I haven’t seen you in ages.”

The other woman opened her mouth to speak and then seemed to change her mind. She held out a package. “I brought you something.”

Ginny sat up and frowned at the taste in her mouth. “Could you do a breath freshening charm for me?”

Hermione used her wand to freshen Ginny’s breath.

She blinked. “Thank you. If Harry hadn’t stolen my wand, I could take care of these things myself.” Inside the package, she found photo albums. “What’s this?”

“Ron told me you believe you’re married to Malfoy.”

“I am,” Ginny bit out. “If you’re here to whine at me about Harry-”

“I’m not. Just look at the pictures.”

“Fine.” She flipped open the album and saw a green eyed baby. The baby cooed and something tugged at her heart. Unable to stop herself, she turned the pages and watched the auburn haired boy grow up. “Is he yours?” Ginny asked.

“Look at the next book and then I’ll answer your questions.”

Frowning, Ginny opened the second photo album and saw a brown haired boy with hazel eyes. There was never anyone else in the pictures to give her a clue who these children might be.

“Do you remember them?” Hermione asked.

“No.” She found that she wanted to.

“Based on the pictures alone, do you feel anything for them?”

She closed her eyes and pictured the boys. “I do. I care about them.” Tears pricked her eyes. “Who are they? Why can’t I remember them?”

“They’re yours, Ginny. You and Harry have two wonderful boys.”

Panic slithered down her spine. “No.” She pushed the albums onto the floor. That’s not possible. I’m married to Draco. If I had children, they would be his.”

“Fine.” Hermione sat up straighter. “For the sake of argument let’s say you are married to Draco. If that is true, then why do you feel something for the children in these photos? Why would Harry bring you here and lock you in his attic?”

“I don’t know,” Ginny yelled.

Hermione reached for Ginny’s hands. “Please. I’m trying to help you think through this. If you’re married to Malfoy, do you think Ron and I would try to convince you otherwise? Your brother loves you. I love you. Why would we try to hurt you?”

Ginny sniffled. “I don’t know.” She saw her opening. “I can’t figure out any of this stuck in the bloody attic.” She swiped at her eyes. “Maybe if I saw the boys’ room it would help me remember them.” She clutched at Hermione’s hands. “What kind of mother am I if I can forget my children?”

Hermione pulled her into a hug. “You’re a great mother. You love your boys.”

“Are they here? Can I see them?”

The door to the attic opened. Ginny shot to her feet and charged at Harry. “Where are my boys? What have you done with them?”

The corners of Harry’s mouth turned up. “You remember them? You remember Albus and Sirius?”

She clutched his shirtfront. “I know I love them. Where are they?”

“They’re at school,” Ron answered. He reached for Ginny’s hand. “Come see their room, it might help.”

Victory surged through her veins as she ran down the steps into the main area of the house. She noticed every door and window as Ron led her to the boys’ room.

When she walked into the room, her eyes went to the bay window. She rushed over and scanned garden outside for signs of Draco. To keep up appearances, she picked up a stuffed bear from the window seat. Hugging it to her chest, she inhaled the scent of the bear while she gazed out the window.

The scent caught her off guard. “This is Sirius’ bear. Isn’t it?”

Harry nodded.

She grabbed the stuffed dog, which lay on the window seat and smelled it. “This is Albus’ dog.” Her head began to pound. “I remember the boys' scents. I know them. I love them.”

“Of course you love the boys.” Draco’s voice sounded in her head. “They’re your nephews.”

Ginny blinked. She glanced at Ron. “Do you have children?”

“Do you remember them?” Ron asked.

“No.”

“We have twin girls.” Ron pointed at a photograph on the dresser. “See there’s your boys and my girls playing together.

“He’s lying,” Draco’s voice whispered in her ear. “Those are all your nephews.”

“What are the boy’s birthdays?” Ginny asked.

“Albus was born January tenth and Sirius was born July eighth,” Hermione answered.

“See,” Draco’s voice gloated in her head. “Harry didn’t answer because they aren’t his children.”

Ginny turned and faced out the window. “Hermione, when did Harry and I marry?”

“All four of us were married together on Valentine’s day,” Harry answered. “You wore a beautiful lace dress. You looked like an angel.”

“Potter is such a sap,” Draco’s voice whispered. “We were married on New Year’s Eve. You wore an emerald, strapless gown. My mother pitched a fit.”

Ginny grabbed her head. “I don’t know what to believe.”

Harry moved forward and took her hands. “All you need to believe is that I love you.”

She gazed into his eyes. He seemed sincere.

“Kiss him,” Draco suggested. “As repulsive as the idea is to me I think it will help you figure out the situation.”

Harry’s eyes were kind and his hands were warm. Ginny tried to gauge what she was feeling for him. “Kiss me, Harry.”

His kiss evoked memories of warmth and affection. Tears filled her eyes.

“The first time I kissed you in the kitchen at Grimmauld place we almost shagged on the kitchen table.” Draco’s voice reminded her.

In her head, Ginny could see herself wrapped in Draco’s arms. Harry brushed his fingers across her cheek. “Tell me what you’re thinking.”

“It’s like I’ve lived two lives. I can see my life with Draco in my head. It’s so clear. Then there is this life you want me to remember. I can’t remember a thing about you, but it seems like I should.”

“Ginevra, release Potter’s hands. I’m coming for you.” Draco’s voice in her head sounded urgent.

She backed away from Harry and reached to rub her eyes.

“Ginny, do you think there’s any way your brothers would have allowed you to carry on with Draco at Grimmauld place?” Harry asked.

“You just left me there, Harry. No one made any time for me. When Draco came along, he listened to me. He made my life fun again.”

“He was never at Grimmauld place with you,” Ron stated.

“He was,” Ginny shouted.

The bay window shattered, and she felt herself being pulled backward through the opening by some magical force.

“No!” Harry screamed.

A black haze surrounded Ginny and prevented Harry, Ron, and Hermione’s magic from reaching her.

“Draco?” Ginny panicked as the haze obscured her vision.

“Just a moment love. You’re almost home.”

When the haze cleared, Ginny found herself face to face with Draco. He looked different. There were lines on his face she didn’t remember. Before she could think about it, he had his arms wrapped around her.

“I’ve been waiting forever for you.”

Warmth radiated from his touch, and his voice was full of emotion. When he released her, joy shone from his eyes. “I’m so happy to have you here.”

Ginny glanced around. They were in a lovely parlor, which contained an antique couch, chairs and a desk. “I don’t remember this room.”

Draco took her hand and pulled her to the couch. He poured her a cup of tea. “I imagine the spell Harry used to try and convince you that you belonged with him may have blocked some of your memories.”

She sipped her tea while she focused on the last thing she remembered. “I remember Grimmauld place like it was yesterday.” She took a long drink of her tea while she scanned the room for a familiar item. “I don’t remember much after that.”

“Do you remember how we fell in love?” he asked.

“Yes.”

“As long as you know you love me then that is all that matters.” He smirked at her. “Your memory loss gets me off the hook for a few blunders I made during the early years of our marriage.”

She laughed and then she yawned. A wave of tiredness swept over here. Draco removed the teacup from her hand. “I think you’re worn out from this ordeal.” He leaned in and kissed her forehead. “Why don’t you take a nap?”

“You won’t leave me? I don’t want to wake up and find myself back in that attic.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll never let you out of my sight again.” He settled himself in a wingback chair next to the couch. “I’ll read while you sleep.”

Once her breathing slowed, Draco went to his desk and drafted a letter to Harry.

You took everything from me. Now I’m returning the favor. She is sleeping at the moment and when she wakes any remnants of her life with you will seem like a dream. The dreams I planted in her subconscious so long ago will become her new reality. She will be my loving devoted wife. I will be her adoring husband.

I plan to keep her safe and happy. If, by chance, you stumble on our location and attempt to breach my wards, I will kidnap your boys and send them back to you in pieces.


He didn’t bother to sign the letter. After placing several untraceable charms on it, he gave the letter to a house elf with explicit instructions on how to mail it. Once that was taken care of, he removed a vial of silver liquid from his desk.

Using his wand, he placed the memories in Ginny’s head. When she woke, all of her former life would seem a dream. She’d remember terrible fights with her family, which caused her to cut all ties with them. Beyond all other things, she would love him.


Ginny woke to a gentle kiss on her cheek. The grey eyes shining down at her made her smile. “I had the strangest dreams.”

She sat up and cuddled against his chest. “I dreamt I was married to Harry.”

Draco chuckled. “That’s not a dream, Ginevra. It’s a nightmare.”
The End.
CCC is the author of 47 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Twisted Reality also liked 1232 other stories.
Leave a Review