He suppressed a chuckle. “You’re no longer a cat.”

Confusion showed on her face. “Are you still the nice man who feeds me fish?”

“If that’s what you want.” He waited for her to realize she was naked, scream and jump away from him.

She laid her head back on his chest and closed her eyes.

Obviously she wasn’t in her right mind yet. He pondered his next words. “Do you know where you are?”

She yawned. “Home.”

“Do you know your name?”

“You call me Amber.” She lifted her head. “I have another name. A person name.”

He reached out and ran his fingers through her hair. “I believe your name is Ginny Weasley.”

“That sounds familiar.” She frowned. “What’s your name?”

As soon as he told her, everything could go to hell. Best to get this over with. “Draco Malfoy.”

She showed no signs of recognition. Instead, she leaned into the hand he was running through her hair. His nails grazed her scalp. She sighed. “That doesn’t feel nearly as good as having my ears scratched.”

For about two seconds, he considered taking the high road by offering to Floo her family. If fate arranged for her to end up naked in his bed, far be it for him to argue. Justification achieved, he said, “I know something else you might like.”

She smiled and slid higher up his body. Curiosity shone from her eyes. “Go on.”

He brushed his lips against her neck and worked his way toward her ear. She didn’t seem to mind. When he pressed his mouth against hers, she returned the kiss and threaded her fingers through his hair. He took this as a good sign and reversed their positions so he was on top.

Half an hour later, they lay tangled in the sheets. Ginny had her face pressed against his neck. He was trying to catch his breath. She was either humming or purring. He decided it might be best not to point this out.

Some time later, he woke to the sound of voices. He opened his eyes to see Ginny, wearing his cloak, with her head in the Floo.

“No, mum. I’m not ready to leave.”

“You can’t stay with some stranger,” a woman’s voice replied.

“He’s not a stranger. I know him from school. He’s been very nice to me. I’ll Floo you tomorrow.”

Ginny ended the connection. She walked over to his wardrobe and pulled out a cashmere sweater. His breath caught as she dropped the cloak and put on the sweater. On her, the sweater looked more like a dress. He closed his eyes to slits as she approached the bed. When she climbed in and snuggled against him, it took effort not to smirk.

***

The next morning, Ginny woke to find herself draped across Draco’s chest. She studied his face while he slept. His face was angular, but handsome. It surprised her how comfortable she was with him. Even though she was no longer a cat, this still felt like home. He felt like the person she was meant to be with. She particularly enjoyed lying on his chest.

His eyes opened. “How are you feeling?”

“I have my memory back.” She gave him at tentative smile.

“Yet, you’re still here.” His eyes gave away nothing about how he felt.

Ouch. “Would you prefer I left?”

“No. Technically this is your home.” He pointed to the settee at the foot of his bed. “You have your own bed, toys, a new collar. It would be a shame to let all these things go to waste.”

His smirk grew as he talked. She felt herself grinning. “I suppose you’re right. It would be rude to leave after you’ve made me so welcome.”

“Quite right.” He pretended to frown. “I’m afraid I have to insist you return my sweater as I planned on wearing it later today.”

Blood thrummed through her veins as she remembered the way he’d made her feel last night. She sat up and pulled the sweater over her head. Pretending to be dim, she batted her eyelashes at him. “How shall we spend our morning?”

He pulled her into a heated kiss. She tried not to make any cat-related noises. Purring seemed to be instinctual at this point. He didn’t seem to mind.

***

Ginny woke to the most wonderful aroma. Draco sat next to her in bed eating pancakes and bacon.

When he noticed she was awake, he passed her a tray from his nightstand. Her pancakes and bacon were cut into bite-sized pieces and served in two small silver cat bowls.

She shot him a look.

He passed her a fork from his tray. “It’s a little funny.”

“Tea?” she asked, ignoring his comment.

He poured a cup for her and they ate in companionable silence.

After a second cup of tea, Ginny decided it was time to deal with reality. “I Flooed my mum last night. She’s expecting me to visit.”

Draco didn’t like the idea of Ginny leaving because he wasn’t certain she’d return. “I should go into work for a while. Why don’t we meet back here for dinner?”

“I’d like that.” She fidgeted with her teacup. “I’m trying to decide if I’m going to hex Fred and George.”

“I assume they’re the ones who convinced you to put on the collar?”

She nodded. “I was tired of living with roommates. They promised to clean out the storage area above the store and help me convert it into a flat. George turned into a dog and chased me. I’ll definitely hex him.”

He didn’t like the idea of her living in a new flat. Even though she was no longer a cat, he felt like she should live here. “Why don’t you shower while I send one of the house elves out for clothes?”

While Ginny was getting ready, Draco sent the house elves on multiple errands. By the time the water turned off, he had several outfits waiting. She came out wrapped in one of his robes. He was amused to see she still wore her collar.

He pointed at the bed. “These are all self-sizing. I wasn’t sure what you’d want to wear.”

Ginny walked straight to the black cashmere sweater dress. “This is beautiful.” She ran her hands over the soft material. A bag with the name of a lingerie store sat next to the dress. She picked it up along with a pair of black heels and headed back into the loo.

When she emerged in the clinging dress and sexy heels, Draco wondered if he really needed to go into work.

She blushed. “If you keep looking at me like that we’ll never get out of here.”

“I suppose you do have to visit your parents.” He checked the clock on the mantle. “Why don’t we meet here at half past six?”

“What Floo address should I give?”

“It’s on the back of your tag.”

“It’s not a tag; it’s a pendant.” She retrieved his cloak from where she’d left it. “Could you shrink this a bit for me?”

“Decided it’s yours?” he asked, as he performed the shrinking spell.

She nodded. He didn’t argue because he felt the same way about her.

***

Ginny Flooed into her parent’s house and was pulled into a life-crushing hug.

“I missed you too, but I’m fine.”

“You were gone for two weeks,” her mum protested.

She took a seat at the table and accepted the cup of tea her father offered. “I didn’t know I was missing. The man who found me took good care of me.”

Her father frowned. “Did he give you the dress and the necklace?”

“The necklace was actually my new collar. That’s how I changed back. He took off the Animagus collar and put this one on.”

“It’s very pretty. He must do well for himself,” her mum seemed happy about this fact.

“I suppose.” She smiled. “I like him. He’s asked me over for dinner tonight.”

“Who is this mystery do-gooder who rescues cats off the street?” her dad asked.

“Draco Malfoy,” she admitted.

“Bloody hell,” Fred and George both shouted as they stepped out of the Floo.

Enjoying herself, she said, “Our getting together is entirely your doing. I never would have spoken to him otherwise. I’m so happy I don’t even feel like hexing you.”

“Please hex us,” George said.

“No.” She grinned from ear to ear. “I probably won’t be needing that area above the store for a new flat.”

Fred smacked George in the back of the head. “You’re responsible for chasing our sister into Malfoy’s arms.”

“Actually, I climbed up his cloak,” Ginny stated.

George smacked Fred in the back of the head. “You were supposed to put a leash on me. It’s your fault I chased her.”

Ginny poured herself another cup of tea and watched her brothers argue. It soon turned into a wrestling match. At that point her mum hexed them both and sent them home.

“That was fun.” Ginny smiled at her dad. “Think we could lure Ron over here so mum can take a picture while I tell him about my dinner date tonight?”

***

At half past six, Ginny Flooed to the address on the back of her emerald. In her pocket she carried a shrunken suitcase and the photo of Ron. She emerged in Draco’s bedroom.

“Hello?”

“Don’t come out yet,” he called back. “I need a moment.”

Anticipation built as she wondered what he was up to. The savory scent of roasted meat filled the air. She started to purr and then realized what she was doing. “I have to get that under control.”

Draco appeared in the doorway. His eyes were alight with mischief. “Everything is ready.”

She took the hand he offered and entered the parlor. The small table with the single chair had been replaced with a slightly larger table and two chairs. Two silver domed plates rested on the table along with a bottle of wine and a pitcher of milk.

“Are my bowls under there?” She pointed at the domed plates.

He smirked. “No. I went with the pitcher of milk instead.”

She bumped him with her hip. “How long can I expect these cat jokes to continue?”

“I’m sure I’ll tire of them after a few years.”

Happy warmth spread in her chest. He planned on keeping her.

He pulled out her chair and joined her at the table.

She ignored his offer of wine and poured a glass of milk. “What? I always have milk with dinner.”

When it was time for dessert, the house elves delivered a mouse shaped cake. She pretended to be offended. “I had a gift for you, but now you’re not getting it.”

He gave her what could only be described as puppy dog eyes. She caved and presented him with the picture of Ron. “My mum took this as I told Ron who I’d been living with.”

Draco chuckled. “I’ve seen that face before. How did the rest of your family take the news?”

“My parents are happy that you kept me safe. Fred and George are gnashing their teeth. The rest of my brothers weren’t available for comment.”

“Pansy dropped by my office today.”

Ginny bristled. It felt like her fur should be standing on end. Since she didn’t have fur, it was an odd sensation. “And?”

“I told her I’d met someone, and I would no longer be available to take her shopping.”

“Good answer.” She decided to lay her cards on the table. “I told Fred and George I probably wouldn’t be turning the storage area into a flat.”

He sipped his wine. “That should scare the hell out of me, but I find I’m relieved.” He pulled a long thin jewelers box out of his pocket.

Ginny opened the box to find a thick gold chain.

“It’s for your pendant,” Draco explained.

She unhooked her collar and slid the emerald tag off the black fabric. The chain slid through gold loop at the top of the tag. It looked like the pendant and necklace had been made as a matched set.

“It’s beautiful. Thank you.” She clasped the necklace in place.

“This way, if you ever get lost or wander away, someone will know where to return you.”
To Be Continued.
CCC is the author of 47 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 32 members. Members who liked Saving Ginny also liked 962 other stories.
Leave a Review