He awoke to the sound of a pan being slammed down and a long string of swears coming from somewhere. He lifted his face from the pillow and looked into the hall. He could see her running back and forth between the living room and kitchen. The third time, she happened to look down toward him.

“Sorry,” she called. “I didn’t mean to wake you.”

Draco smiled, yawned, and stood up. As he draped a blanket around his waist, he wondered when exactly they had gotten into her bed again. Last thing he remembered was being cuddled with Ginny on the couch.

“It’s okay,” he said as he came to her. He bent down and brushed his lips against hers. “You smell nice,” he murmured.

“I smell like you.” Ginny blushed. “Your scent is all over me.”

Draco raised an eyebrow. “I smell so good I’m tempted to shag myself later.”

“Right. We’ll see how far you get with that until you need assistance.”

She grinned before ducking out of his glare. She emerged with a coffee pot and blinked at him. She placed it on the counter and came toward him, gripping him around the neck, and pulling his mouth to hers.

Her lips and tongue tasted like syrup, which Draco appreciated. As he held her closer, he felt the blanket slid away from his body. He did little to hold it up. Suddenly, as her hand touched him, he drew back.

“Gin?” he said, looking over her shoulder. “You, uh, have a problem to take care of.”

As she fastened her lips to his neck, he slid his hands into her hair, yanked her from him, and turned her head. The yelp she uttered made him certain she had seen what he was trying to tell her.

“Fuck!” she said as she ran to the stove, using her hands to shoo away the black, heavy smoke that erupted from the pan.

Draco stepped past her, pointed his wand at the pan, and muttered, “Aguamenti!”

As the smoke cleared, Ginny took a few steps back. When she bumped into Draco, she looked at him, a slow blush rising in her cheeks.

“I would have thought of that eventually,” she muttered. Then she leaned up to kiss the corner of his mouth. “Thank you for saving my kitchen.”

“Sure.” He smirked and pulled her closer, his mouth brushing her ear. “Do I get a reward?”

Ginny shook her head and tried to keep the blanket from falling. “I think you should get dressed.”

He nodded and retreated to the bedroom. She heard him knock something over, curse, and then the bathroom door shut. He emerged some minutes later with his hair and suit perfect. Except for one thing. He held out his hand.

“You’re kidding.” Ginny said as he walked closer to her.

He frowned at her.

“With all the things you know how to do, and pride yourself on, putting on a tie should be easy.”

“Well, not having anyone around to show you really doesn’t help me, does it?”

His tone was cold.

When Ginny looped the tie around his neck and fixed it the way she was taught, she pulled it a little too hard, watching him choke slightly.

“Oops,” she said sweetly. “Sorry.”

He glared at her, grabbed his clothes and coat from wherever they were scattered around her flat, and looked at her.

“Have a good day,” he said gruffly, then Disapparated.

Ginny groaned and headed for the bathroom.

___



Pansy had found her at the bar, knocking back some foul smelling alcohol. She slid in next to her roommate and looked at her glassy brown eyes, her red hair looking as though she had tried to rip strands out.

“What is that?” She pointed to the clear liquid.

“Vodka,” Ginny said hoarsely. “Want some? You’d like it.”

“No thanks,” Pansy said, putting up her hand. “What happened to you? I stopped by the flat to see if you wanted to have lunch but you weren’t there.”

“I’ve been here.”

“You’ve been drinking all morning?” Pansy asked, wide-eyed. “That’s not good, you know.”

The redhead glared at her.

Pansy’s voice softened. “Okay, okay. What happened?”

“I can’t be in a relationship,” Ginny said, covering her mouth as she hiccupped. “It’s just not going to work.”

Pansy stared awkwardly at her before she ordered Scotch. She figured this was going to take all night as well as a large amount of alcohol.

“He said that?” she asked.

“He didn’t have to,” Ginny mumbled as she drained her glass. “It was written all over his face this morning.”

“I’ll talk to him,” Pansy offered as she finished her drink and stood. “He’s always listened to me, but that’s because he knows if he doesn’t, I’ll kick his ass.”

“I put on his tie,” Ginny said as Pansy started to walk away.

“Is that all?” Pansy asked as she turned. “How does he not know how to do that? He’s a man! If he can’t do that then what makes you think-”

“Focus!” Ginny shouted, looking at the dark-haired witch. “This isn’t about his dressing skills.”

“Or lack of,” Pansy mumbled, her lips twisting.

Ginny muttered something about being stupid and ordered another glass of vodka.

___



Pansy had disappeared again, leaving Ginny to walk, or stagger in her intoxicated case, back to the flat. Apparently she had forgotten how to Apparate with all of the alcohol in her system. Before she even got outside the bar, however, a hand gripped her wrist.

“It’s dangerous for such a lovely girl to be walking home alone tonight,” a voice whispered.

Ginny blinked and turned her eyes on the speaker. She hadn’t seen him in a long time but she’d never have forgotten his voice.

“What the hell are you doing here? I thought you were in Paris? That was the last I heard anyway.”

“Who did you hear that from?” Blaise asked, dragging a hand through his hair. He studied her. Then he smirked. “You’re too drunk to walk home. Let me help you.”

“I’m not,” she protested as he wrapped an arm around her waist. “I’m perfectly capable of walking on my own.”

As he released her, she stumbled forward, regained her balance, and stared at him.

“Oops.” He smirked, dark eyes gleaming.

“Bastard,” she muttered.

“Sorry,” Blaise said. “So, really, who have you been talking to that knows anything about my whereabouts?”

As they walked into the warm air, Ginny glanced at him. Her head spun as she gathered her thoughts, organizing them enough to speak. The liquor was really starting to get to her.

“Pansy,” she said as she stayed close to him.

“How thoughtful of her,” Blaise murmured, nodding. “How did you come to talk to her?” He hooked his arm around her again to secure her.

“I live with her,” Ginny said quietly. The wind howled so loud that she wondered if he heard her. When he started laughing, she took that as a yes.

“Okay, how did you manage that one? You know who she is, right? She would lock other girls out of the bathroom at school until she was done doing whatever she had to do to make herself look presentable.”

Instead of laughing like she planned, Ginny snorted loudly. She moved closer into him, his warmth consoling her. Suddenly, he stopped walking and she looked at him. Her mind was too clouded by alcohol to react as he lifted her chin with his finger and his lips brushed hers.

Before she could wrap her arms around his neck to pull him closer, she felt his body being ripped from her, and he landed on the ground with a thud.

“Nice to see you’re back, Zabini,” a voice hissed. “Touch her again and I’ll make you bleed from more than your nose.”
Leave a Review