Over the next few days Draco had taken to shadowing Ginny everywhere she went. It seemed his paranoia had hit a fever pitch especially after a redhead had gone missing from the shop she had been looking into owning.

He thought about asking her over for dinner, that way he could keep an eye on her. If she chose to spend the night, well, that was just an added bonus. He messaged her by Floo, something he hated doing because it ruined his hair and shirts, and she eagerly accepted.

When his head popped in the fireplace that afternoon, he saw Pansy sitting on the couch, flipping through channels on the TV. When she finally noticed him, she let out a small shriek and nearly fell from her spot. Quietly, she made her way over and bent down.

“Is she ready?” he asked.

“Why the hell didn’t you just Apparate here?” Pansy wondered, raising an eyebrow.

“I will in a minute,” he hissed, rolling his eyes.

“You can’t possibly be new at this dating thing, can you? She’s still deciding what to wear.”

Draco mumbled under his breath.

“What?”

“I said it didn’t matter what she wore since it would end up on my floor anyway,” he declared.

“You’re such a pig,” Pansy murmured, shaking her head. “Should I tell her your head is waiting for her, or are you going to show the rest of your body too?”
He glared.

Before he could disappear, however, he heard her. She was coming down the hall, ranting to Pansy until she rounded the couch and stopped. She was holding two different dresses and looking a little too embarrassed in her black bra and underwear.

“You could wear that,” Draco said, his eyes trailing over her bare skin and curves. “I don’t think I’d mind.”

Ginny’s face turned as red as her hair and she mumbled under her breath.

Draco smiled. “I’ll be there soon.” Then the Floo connection closed.

“It’s not like he hasn’t seen you in less,” Pansy said, grinning. “What are you worried about? This is easy since you’ve already had sex.”

Ginny sighed and put down the red dress. She knew it would clash horribly with her hair. Instead she chose the black silk one with the crisscross rope straps in the front. She slipped into the bathroom down the hall.

“Hey,” Pansy called, “why is he coming here if he invited you to his house?”

“He thinks it’s gentlemanly or something,” Ginny said as she fixed her hair into curls, added shadow and liner to her eyes and lips, and opened the door.

“That won’t stay on for long,” a voice intoned from the living room. He glanced at her with a thin smile, his eyes suggestive. “God help the poor bastard.”

Ginny’s eyes narrowed.

“What do you want, Blaise?”

“Relax, Weasley. I came to see Pansy.”

Ginny continued to glare at him. Something about his presence bothered her but she couldn’t put her finger on it. Instead, she walked around him and sat on the couch, waiting.

“It’s still the afternoon,” Pansy pointed out as she joined her, leaving Blaise to stay alone.

“We’re going to take a walk and things before dinner,” Ginny replied.

“Oh, I’m sure,” Blaise muttered.

Ginny blinked at him.

“I saw you after you came out of his office yesterday.” His lips twisted into a smirk. “I know what you were doing. You’re not going to make it to the main course tonight.”

Ginny blushed. “It’s not my fault.”

Pansy looked surprised. “I thought you didn’t want a relationship with him?”

“It’s just sex.”

A small pop interrupted the conversation then as Draco appeared. He brushed a hand through his shaggy hair, took a look around, his eyes falling on Ginny.

“Wow,” he mumbled. “You look great.”

“Thank you,” Ginny mumbled as she stood. She looked back at Pansy. “Don’t wait up.”

“I want details!” Pansy yelled as they disappeared.


____



“So, uh, what was with the tension in there?” Draco asked.

He and Ginny walked down the street. It wasn’t dark yet so they took the opportunity to browse some shops before going back to his place. He watched her carefully to see if she thought his question was inappropriate. She didn’t.

“What tension?” she asked.

He stopped walking and rolled his eyes. “Really? Okay, there was no tension. I was just imaging it.”

“He’s just…I dunno…I get uncomfortable when he’s around.”

“A few nights ago you were all ready to shove your tongue down his throat,” Draco said, shaking his head.

“I was drunk,” Ginny said defensively. “Now it’s weird.”

“I guess that’s why.’

“What, because I’m sober?”

“It’s awkward now,” Draco said. “I know, trust me. I’ve been there.”

Ginny smiled and reached down to lace her fingers with his. When he looked at her, she said, “I have a habit of going off on my own if I see something that catches my interest.”

“Like me?” He smiled.

“You’re terribly conceited; has anyone ever told you that?”

He thought for a second. “Not lately. But there’s always tomorrow for you to say it.”

Ginny looked up at him, her lips twitching, fighting a smile. “You think I’ll be around tomorrow morning?”

“Please,” Draco scoffed, “I know you’ll still be around when the sun comes up.”

“Conceited,” she muttered and stuck her tongue out at him.

“You shouldn’t have done that.”

He slid his hands in her hair, tangling the strands in his fingers, and backed her against the side of one of the shops. The feeling of his fingers on her skin made him hungry for more; his mouth twitched slightly as he bent his head and kissed her, sliding his tongue between her lips and teeth. When she slipped her hands in his hair, he groaned.

“It’s gross here,” Ginny muttered against his lips.

His only reply was to kiss her harder, his hands everywhere all at once; gripping her hair, her arse, sliding his hands under her dress. When his mouth fell against her neck, he felt a moan vibrate through her and he smirked. She moved against him, tried to slide out from underneath him, but he held her wrists.


"Move," he commended suddenly, his tone urgent. His head was turned, eyes focused on something on the ground. "Now."

Ginny didn't understand, didn't listen. Instead she craned her neck to see over a pile of garbage bags to see the body on a woman lying a few feet beyond them; her head split open, blood and dirt oozing down her face.
Leave a Review