"You - just do it. Take a deep breath and do it. Don't - don't think. That's what I do."

He turned around, wondering where the voice came from. There was no one behind him.

"Hey - here. I'm here."

He looked downward and his eyes met the darkest shade of mud he had ever seen. He vaguely remembered seeing the eyes before but where, he had no idea. The girl was drunk, clearly drunk and there was a bottle of Muggle whiskey in her hand. She took another sip of it and slurred something he couldn't make out. But the girl - she didn't look like a Muggle. There was something about her appearance - something he couldn't place his finger on.

"Have I seen you before?" he asked her.

"Good Lord, Malfoy. Of course you've - not only, not only that but," she started giggling, "Malfoy, you've bugged me for the last seven years and you don't even remember who I am?" She laughed.

"No?"

"You're craaazyyyy, Malfoy. Look at this," she said, taking a strand of her dark orange-red hair and holding it out to him.

"Weasley? Is that you?" Understanding dawned on him, finally. He didn't get it, though - what was she doing here, on the Tower Bridge?

"Of course, Malfoy. Now, where were we? Oh yes, you were jumping. See, just take a deep breath and plunge in. Don't think too much."

"What are you doing here, Weasley?"

"Now, what does one normally do on a famous suicide bridge? Let me think - dance? Nah. Maybe ice-skating?” she asked sarcastically, taking another gulp of her whiskey. "Okay, well, now I'm done with drinking. It’s time to JUMP!" She got up from the ground, waving her hands around wildly, before placing them on the steel in front of her.

"Weasley, are you here to kill yourself?"

"Of course, Malfoy. Wasn't that obvious?" she slurred, climbing the sides of the bridge.

"Yes, yes."

It was funny really. They were both there to die, they both wanted someone to stop them, yet they didn't stop each other.

"Okay, so let’s jummmmp!!" Ginny sang, standing on top of the last bar.

She was about to dive in - just about to when, Draco noticed, a flash of light caught her eye. Both turned towards it, towards the flash of light which disturbed them, and he could barely make out three Muggle guards under it, shouting at them to get down. They probably understood what the two were about to do. Draco looked at Ginny and instantly they both jumped. There was no time to waste.

***************
He opened his eyes and found himself lying in a mysterious St.Mungo's-like place. He doubted this was hell - it was far too calm. He looked down and found himself covered in green sheets. Around him were some strange looking cupboards and knobs. The only thing he could say safely about the place was that it was clearly Muggle. Other than that, Draco Malfoy knew nothing. He got up from the hard bed and slowly made his way towards the door. Once safely out, he ran towards the exit, glancing behind often to see if someone was following him. That’s when he bumped into her - the she-Weasel, dressed in similar clothes as him, except that hers were shorter.

"Ahhhh!" she screamed.

"Shhhh. What are you doing here?" he asked angrily.

She pushed her nose up and turned around without answering him. He turned to the other side, making his way towards the door. But the Muggle nurse caught him and refused to let him go, pushing him in the direction from where he came. They were going to imprison him here forever, he thought. That’s when he made a dash for it - the fire exit. He made his way out, and the back of the Muggle building was visible to him. He climbed down the first of several rickety ladders, and his foot hit the landing. Thup, Thup, Thup.

"Why are you following me?"

Apparently, that’s where she had been going. His footsteps made her turn around and Ginny Weasley faced him, questioningly.

"I can't help it - you're so attractive, Weasley," he replied sarcastically, moving past her. "What happened to you?" he asked, inquiring about the white strap around her neck.

"After we jumped and they rescued us, I tried jumping again - and I fell."

"And that’s all that happened to you?"

"I didn't fall off the bridge, I fell on the bridge itself - I was that drunk," she replied dryly, making her way down.

"You seriously wanted to die?" Wasn't she supposed to be happy in this post-war world? Wasn't this all she'd fought for?

"No - I was just practicing," she groused, hopping off the last step of the ladder. "What happened to you?"

"Before coming to drown, I had tried to die in front of a Muggle car," he grunted.

"And you failed as well?"

He didn't like her tone - it reminded him too much of his mother when she would plan yet another scheme of hers. So he didn't say anything, just walked away from her.

"Are you going to try again?" she inquired softly.

"Yeah. You?"

She nodded her head. She walked in the opposite direction, turning around when she reached the end of the deserted lane. He could see two Muggle policemen standing in front of her. One look at them and Draco grabbed her, pulling her back into the lane.

"What are you doing?" she hissed, fighting against him.

"Shhhh," he breathed, closing his hand over her mouth. "Look at our clothes. They will think we are running away from an Asylum. Don't look at me with those eyes, Weasley - I have no interest in you. Zilch, zero. Get that straight," he said rudely, drawing apart from her.

She shoved her hair away from her eyes and looked at him expectantly, opening her mouth and then closing it.

"Am I supposed to be relieved, or wonder why you aren’t interested in me? Not that I want you to be interested in me - if you know what I mean," she added.

"God - What am I doing with this crazy Weasel?" he mumbled to himself, walking away from her.

"Hey!" she called out behind him, running towards him until she stood right there, next to him. "These frocks look so funny from behind - " she started, but his expression cut her off. "So what’s the plan - ”

"Leave me alone, okay?" he told her. He'd had enough - he really did. He was nothing now and he knew that. The Ministry had stripped them of everything they had - and he couldn't live that way. But the stupid Weasel - she wouldn't even let him die peacefully.

"You know, Malfoy, I thought this past year would have changed you - but zilch, zero. You're still the same - an ass, as always - but I'm still asking you," she quipped, hoping alongside him.

He didn't reply, just waited for her stupid question to come.

"Can we do this together?"

He turned to her and stared like she had grown wings. "Listen, this isn't some Quidditch tournament that we can play together - stop eating my brain and go away."

"I'm just saying it because I wanna make sure it happens," she mumbled, looking down at her hands. "I have been very dependent in life. I always need that push. So please," she requested.

He looked at her and nodded. "Fine. It sounds weird, but okay. How do you wanna do it?"

Author notes: Please do let me know what you think :) Constructive criticism is welcome :)

To Be Continued.
opaque-girl is the author of 0 other stories.

Leave a Review