The Slytherin common room was untapped, uncharted territory for Ginny. She’d figured out where it was in her first year, but she had always made the decision to stay away. Most of the students in Slytherin house were not her friends – hated her, in fact. But here she was, walking with her newfound accomplice. She had a plan, and she wasn’t going to let anything get in her way.

Blaise gave her a nod, indicating the direction of Draco’s dorm. They exchanged small smiles, and she walked further into the desolate room. Everyone else was at dinner, but Blaise knew that Draco had snuck into the kitchens and brought his food to his room earlier on. After letting Ginny in, the dark Slytherin boy gave her a gentle squeeze on the arm for good luck before heading to the Great Hall for dinner.

As a whole, Slytherin house was quite unwelcoming. Everything was so calm that all of the décor appeared to be carved from stone. All of the trimmings were in green and silver, and everything in the common room was in complete order. The entire atmosphere was the polar opposite of Gryffindor’s, which always seemed very homey and welcoming. It was unnerving for Ginny, but she knew what she had to do.

Gently, she knocked on the door. In truth, she was extremely nervous. Half of her didn’t even expect Draco to answer it, while her other half was sure that he would and would subsequently slam it in her face upon realizing who was knocking. But it was worth it. She knew it was. She knocked again, more urgently this time. The problem was that she had no back-up plan, no alternative. Either she would see him now, or she would have to try the exact same thing another time. All wandering thoughts were halted, however, as she heard his muffled voice through the door.

“Bloody hell, Blaise, it’s your sodding room, too!”

She took a gulping breath. “It – It’s me, Draco,” she said softly, part of her wondering if he had even heard her.

The door flew open a second later. Apparently, he had heard her.

“Hello,” he said coldly. Every part of him, his overall demeanor, was completely calm and controlled. Except for his eyes. His misty grey orbs took every part of her in, studying her intently. Draco could tell by her posture and by the look in her own eyes that she was very out of her element, but he was not going to let her off the hook easily.

“May I – can I come in?” she asked sheepishly.

The blond stood aside, opening the door and leaving it poised for her entry. He watched her walk over the threshold hesitantly. After she settled herself on the edge of his bed, he said, “I’m not really in the mood to talk, Ginny, so –”

“Wait,” she whispered, effectively stopping him from speaking. She stood up again and walked toward him. “I have a lot of things to say to you, and I’m just going to say them.” Ginny paused, nibbling at her bottom lip. Quietly, she said, “But I need to know why you left me alone that night. Please, tell me why.”

Draco’s eyebrows twitched upward. “It wasn’t my intention,” he said softly. “I went to get you a hangover potion; I was supposed to be back when you woke up.”

She felt like a tool. “Oh.”

“Yeah.” He crossed his arms over his chest expectantly, just waiting for her to go on.

She continued to nibble on her bottom lip, her nervous habit, as they stood before each other; Ginny tried not to make eye contact, but it was so hard for her. All she wanted was to look at him, to fall into his arms and tell him that she was sorry. But after how she had treated him, it could never be that easy. The weeks that she had been with Harry after the night she had left Draco in the Room of Requirement, she knew how badly she was making the Slytherin boy feel. But she didn’t care. She wanted someone to share her pain of rejection. She flaunted her relationship with Harry, purposefully getting under his skin. It was mean and hurtful, and she regretted it completely. The right words – the way to express how sorry she was for being such an inconsiderate little twit – wouldn’t come. She settled on, “Draco, I’m sorry for what I put you through.”

He gave a quick nod of the head. There was nothing in this gesture to indicate that he even cared about what she had said, but Ginny knew better.

“The night that I met you in the Room of Requirement, I was out of my head,” Ginny continued.

Draco snorted.

Ginny looked up into his grey eyes, looking into them for the first time in weeks. She felt a chill, knowing that he was so incredibly angry with her for putting him through the ringer. She had been awful, jumping back and forth between two boys who had shown an interest in her. Everything that happened with her and Harry, and with Draco, had been terribly confusing for her, and she had allowed herself to ruin her relationship with the one boy who hadn’t pressured her.

The Slytherin boy closed his eyes gently for a brief moment. “Gin, I don’t understand.”

“What’s there to understand?”

“For one thing, why you’re here with me instead of with your bloody Gryffindor boy-toy.”

She grinned. This was her in. “I’m not seeing Harry anymore.”

“You’re – you’re not?” A note of hopefulness was attached to his question.

“No,” she answered softly with a shake of her head. “I thought, all this time, that he was who I wanted. I thought that he could give me my happily ever after, but he could never get over the fact that I wasn’t ready to be with him in the way that he wanted. He couldn’t see past me being so unwilling to cater to his needs.” She stepped closer to him, placing her hand on his shoulder. “But you didn’t treat me that way, Draco. You stopped me from doing something you knew I’d regret because you cared – not because you didn’t want me.”

He stood perfectly still, his eyes fixed on hers intently. “I respect you more than that.”

“I know you do.” Her gaze was fixed on his, never faltering or wavering. This was it. It was now or never.

His Adam’s apple twitched at the base of his throat. She could almost see his pulse beating in his neck. The tension was so thick that she could have sliced through it with a knife. Their eyes never left each other’s and they were breathing simultaneously. Subconsciously, each of them inched closer and closer to the other. They were a hair’s breadth apart, but they each held perfectly still, maintaining their ground. Each was waiting for the other to make a move, to say or do something.

He took a deep breath. “Ginny…”

Draco crushed his lips against hers so hard that it hurt. She could feel his teeth clashing against hers as his arms went to her waist, pulling her flush against him. His heart was pounding so hard and so rapidly that she could feel it against her own chest. His hands began to roam over the small of her back, the tips of his fingers digging into her skin, bruising her and claiming her as his own. She felt a small flutter in the pit of her stomach. This was the kind of romance, the kind of fire, that she had always wanted.

Her hands found purchase in his hair. She tugged and pulled on his silvery blond locks as his lips bruised her own. Their mouths continued to compete with each other for dominance over the other, but neither would ever completely attain the desired authority. It was a constant push and pull as their hunger for each other finally reached its peak, weeks of pent up frustration and longing finally boiling over, but neither of them felt the need to rush the kiss – or anything else.

As quickly as it had begun, it was over. Tentatively, she eased her lips from his, pulling back just enough to gently and pleasantly end their kiss. She ran her hand over the side of his face, touching his cheek softly. She gave him another brief, lingering kiss on his lips before taking a step away from him, a dreamy smile on her lips.

“You’re the dream, Draco,” she whispered. “You’re the boy that all the girls wish for and hope for. You’re the one I’ve imagined in my fantasies – my Prince Charming, but just a little rough around the edges.” She began, once again, to nibble on her now swollen lips, as though she was both anxious and excited to tell him how she felt. “It was never Harry,” she murmured. It was always you.”

“It’s funny, isn’t it?” he asked. “All this time, I thought you were Harry’s girl.”

As a smile quirked on her lips, he closed the small space between them, recapturing her bruised lips in another searing kiss. He didn’t have to wish for her anymore. She was his, totally and completely, and he was never letting her go.

Author notes: Thanks to everyone who has kept up with this story over the last few months. I hope the end was satisfying for all, and I really hope you all enjoyed, and don't forget to leave a review on your way out. :)

The End.
cherryredxx is the author of 15 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 18 members. Members who liked I Wish That I Had Harry's Girl also liked 1292 other stories.
Leave a Review