A/N: Thanks to all readers and reviewers, especially: Mungihead, pitzi, and cherryredxx.


THE FINAL FAQ’S


Q: What would you recommend for me if I want to read something that’s finished and that’s also pretty good?

A: (looks around) Um… who’s talking? Maybe it’s better not to ask. Anyway…

If you want something short:

Close Your Eyes, Harry's Saving-People-Thing ,
A Random D/G Smut Biscuit , All's Well That Ends... Finally , The Spirit of Valentine’s Day, aka Anise’s Only MST Fic , Chocolate Shags, and Sex, Sex, and (oh yes) Just a Spot More Sex, As Well As Some Spam


If you want something medium:

Full Fathom Five, and Of Draco, Ginny, and the Excessively Extensive List of Salaciously Sexual Euphemisms

If you want something long:

The Bat-Bogeys Cometh , Bound ,Unforgivable, and Draco's Dangerous Dilemma (put at the bottom just because the series isn’t finished yet)

If you want total crackfic:

Ginny’s On the Telephone


If you want to listen to podcasts:

I already volunteer for Librivox.org, so I have all the recording equipment I need. I think I'm going to start recording some of the fics. Suggestions are welcome, and more updates on this project soon!



Q:Wait, wait, wait. So what’s finished and what isn’t?

A: Well, BASICALLY, here’s what we’ve got in the Aniseverse (this one anyway):


Finished Short Fics:

Ginny’s On the Telephone

Full Fathom Five

Close Your Eyes

Of Draco, Ginny, and the Excessively Extensive List of Salaciously Sexual Euphemisms

Harry's Saving-People-Thing

A Random D/G Smut Biscuit

All's Well That Ends... Finally

Lucius Malfoy’s Good Girl

Myrtle’s Choice

Requiem for Draco’s Dream

The Spirit of Valentine’s Day, aka Anise’s Only MST Fic

Chocolate Shags

Mea Culpa, Confiteor

Sex, Sex, and (oh yes) Just a Spot More Sex, As Well As Some Spam



Unfinished Short Fics:

The Moons of Saturn In the Sky

However, the epilogue is almost done and will be up very soon. So it’s almost finished.

Of Chartreuse Knickers and Countertransference


1 Series


Series: Ever Since Draco and Ginny: Reflections on Their (Un)Natural History

The Wedding Night of Draco and Astoria Malfoy

The Marshmallow Fluff Dilemma


A Field Guide to Draco's Dangerous Dilemma

Draco's Dangerous Dilemma

The Shadow By My Finger Cast


More Finished Long Fics (not counting DDD):


The Bat-Bogeys Cometh

Bound

Unforgivable



Unfinished Long Fics (not counting The Shadow By My Finger Cast:)


Malfoy In a Glass, Darkly

Millions and Millions of Malfoys (And One Very Sleep-Deprived Ginny)

Nineteen Years Later... the Truth

Keeping Christmas On the Death Train

The Quick and the Dead


(peers over the list) Um… so, 14 long fics-- if you count Jewel of the Harem, Heavenly Creatures, Man In Black, and Guilty As Sin. Those four WERE written, so I guess they SHOULD be counted. ;) But that means we’ve got 10 fics that:

a.) Anybody on the planet should ever read (so that wouldn’t be Guilty As Sin.)

And

b.) Either are finished, or will be finished.


Q: Will those long fics ever get finished?!? I want to find out what happened to Draco and Ginny! The gnawing unanswered questions are keeping me up at night and forcing me to go the freezer at 3 a.m. and eat all the chocolate mousse ice cream!!

A: Thought you’d never ask! I’m starting a Official Revision Project of Doom ™. That’s one of the main reasons for re-posting an updated version of the Field Guide.


The Proposed Order of the Revision and Completion Project of Doom ™:


1.) Keeping Christmas On the Death Train

As of June 2012, I have an entire summary of each chapter done, along with an outline of what I have planned for it. If it gives y’all a clue, it’s sixty-eight pages long. BUT—I know exactly what has to happen in the revision. There’s a huge section in the middle that’s just going to go to fanfic heaven. (It’s a very nice place. Draco lounges around on the clouds in boxers all day, and they have little hearts on them.) So the revised KC will be less than half as long—probably around fifty chapters. I’m thinking about renaming it Death Train, too.

2.) Nineteen Years Later... the Truth

Originally, I’d thought about revising this one first, and I already have the complete outline. I definitely know exactly how it has to end. However, KC is much more straightforward—that’s mostly a matter of getting rid of what isn’t necessary. I do know exactly how the NYL revision is going to work, though. And a shoutout to ForeverYoung, who emailed me about it! My reply emails kept getting bounced back, so this is your answer. :)

3.) Millions and Millions of Malfoys (And One Very Sleep-Deprived Ginny)

I really want to finish this one… I always loved it, but the plotline got badly derailed and never went back on track again. A LOT would be cut from this, and a new ending written.

4.) Malfoy In a Glass, Darkly

I’ve been stuck on the next chapter of MIaG for a long time, even though almost the entire rest of the fic is already written. I think the problem is that it was derailed just a little bit, and Scorpius didn’t want to talk to me after that. :P So with this one, it would be more about fixing the eentsy part that went wrong and then finishing it from there. Maybe this would actually be #3. I can’t decide yet.

5.) The Quick and the Dead

I want to finish this one even though I’m not sure how many people liked it. The ending has always haunted me… but it’ll be last on the list!


Q: So what exactly is the point of starting this huge project?


A: First of all, I just really, really want to get all these fics where they should be. All these flapping unfinished loose ends floating around in cyberspace… it just feels wrong. So that’s a large part of it.

Second of all, there’s the importance of D/G itself. I have an essay on that subject that I’m working on, and it might get posted soon. But to touch on these issues briefly… I feel that fics centered around and inspired by this pairing are and remain so worthwhile, even though the actual canon has closed. We are left with these two fascinating characters, and the characters are the key to what makes a fandom last. The Sherlock Holmes fandom is still very active, for instance, even though their canon was closed in 1927 and the first SH fanfic was written over a hundred years ago. It’s easy to focus on the importance of plot in mysteries, but if plot were really the driving force, then any detective in the history of good detective writing should have a fandom going. There’s a reason why they don’t. What people remember and what they’re haunted by is the characters in that world, and they keep trying and trying to work out their own visions of who those characters really are and what they do. This is what D/G fanfic can continue to do and to be.

Now, we can’t do what they do in a fandom where all (or almost all) of the original works are so old that they're out of copyright and in the public domain. Anything based on that canon can be published. (That’s why there’s Pride and Prejudice and Zombies-- Jane Austen’s last novels were published in 1818.) To return to the SH world, the number of published works based on the SH world is almost unbelievable: Carole Nelson Douglas’s Irene Adler series, endless reboots of the film franchise (Guy Clark’s being the latest), the BBC series, the graphic novels… it goes on and on. So that leads us to…


Q: Why don’t you publish your own books?? I would line up in a hurricane to buy them/pirate the Kindle editions/shred them and use them as kitty litter!


D/G fanfic is what brought me back to writing fiction after I thought I’d never touch it again. But… I THINK I’m ready to dip my foot back in those waters (ready to run from the sharks.) There have definitely been some recent authors who got their start in fanfic (Cassie Claire is one, and at least a couple of people began their currently published books as Twilight fanfics.) That’s what I want to do.

I'm working on a couple of mystery novels right now. More details later! And whatever those fics become, I think that the characters of Draco and Ginny will always play some part in them. This fandom has been very, very good to me, and I love you all! And now it’s time to spread my wings and fly… (peeks over cliff. A 747 might be a good idea just now.)


So that’s the end for now. This has been an Official Tour of the Aniseverse (tm.) Please return all camping equipment at the door, and we hope you have enjoyed your journey. If you have any additional questions, please post them in the reviews! And thank you for being an Anise reader. :)
The End.
Anise is the author of 56 other stories.

Leave a Review