Payback

Chapter One- The Deal


"Malfoy!" Ginny Weasley ran up to Draco Malfoy, grabbing his robe sleeve. They were standing in the middle of a second floor corridor. Ginny was on her way to her first class after breakfast and Draco was heading to the Great Hall to grab a quick scone because he had slept in late, again.

He was having nightmares. Horrible nightmares, where he was being burned alive. The fire burned his bare back while scorching the silk boxers he had been wearing. The dreams were so vivid he could smell his hair burning and he knew he was going to die. But he always woke up before he did. His sheets covered with sweat, bed curtains ripped down, there was no way he could sleep after having one of those nightmares.

Draco looked down to see the youngest Weasley looking up at him. "Weasel?"

"Could you do me the biggest favor of my life?"

"Depends, what is it? Will it hurt Potter? Will you pay me?"

"I'll give you five Galleons, it will crush Harry, and Ron for that matter. All I need is for you to kiss me; right here, right now."

"And what makes you think I would ever do that?" Draco replied, a smirk crossing his face.

"The money. Come on, Draco, please? I need this, just kiss me, real quick. Please?"

Draco considered her offer for a moment. "Give me the money first."

"Fine, but follow me." She tugged on his robe sleeve, leading him in the direction of the stairway.

"Oh, no you don't." Draco jerked his arm out of her grasp. "You want me to kiss you on the stairs, where everyone can see? I'll be laughed out of Slytherin!"

Ginny seemed to consider this a moment. "All right, new deal. I'll pay you ten Galleons for it." She paused, wondering if this was a large enough increase in pay.

Draco folded his arms and leaned against a near by wall. "Keep talking."

"This has to look as genuine as possible. You let me lead you by your tie down the stairs, looking all goofy and lust filled, and into a deserted classroom. Kiss me once while the door is closing and that's it."

"I want fifteen."

"Twelve."

"Fifteen."

"Thirteen."

"Fifteen."

"Fourteen."

"Fine. Pay me now."

Ginny reached into her bag and pulled out seven Galleons. "I don't have anymore with me. I'll pay you later, I promise."

"I've never trusted the word of a Weasel before, why should I start now?" Draco started to move away, but Ginny stepped in his path.

"Please, please do this for me. What have I ever done to you Malfoy? I swear you will get your money as soon as I can get it from my room. I'll give it to you before breakfast tomorrow. Please?"

Draco sighed. He was only agreeing to this so he could get the money. There was a Hogsmeade visit coming up and he didn't feel like blowing his savings on Butterbeers. Having some extra Galleons would be nice...

"Fine, I'll do it. But if you don't pay me Weasel, I'll have the Bloody Baron figure out your password so I can come to your dormitory and steal it out of your trunk myself. Agreed?"

"Agreed. Now, lets hurry up." Ginny again grabbed his robe sleeve and started dragging him towards the staircase. Draco followed reluctantly.

"So, you and Wonder Boy call it quits this morning, huh?"

"That's none of your concern," Ginny spat back, venom in her voice.

"All right, just asking. That would explain this whole escapade. Trying to make him jealous, are you? And trying to prove to the older Weasel that you can take care of your self and date who ever you want. I must say, Weasley, you have fine taste. Picking me of all people, I feel so honored."

Ginny stopped walking and spun on her heal to face Draco. "One; Yes we broke up this morning. Two; No, I am not trying to make him jealous. And three; you were my first choice because you are the lowest form of scum in this school and I know Ron hates you with a passion greater than his love for Quidditch."

"Watch your tongue, Weasel," Draco teased, smirk plastered across his face. "You might make me change my mind and leave you to kiss Crabbe. Now, we wouldn't want that, would we?"

Ginny took a deep breath, calming her nerves. "Sorry, Malfoy. I have a lot of angry emotions built up inside me and I didn't mean to release them on you. Just know that if I'm provoked, they will come out."

Draco raised an eyebrow, his only indication that Ginny had said anything. "Well, being called the scum of the school isn't exactly flattering. How about we add another Galleon to our deal?"

Ginny sighed and nodded, again grabbing Draco's sleeve and dragging him in the direction of the staircase. When they came close to it, she stopped him, putting a hand up against his chest. She placed a finger over her lips, telling him to be quiet. Ginny grabbed Draco's shoulder, forcing his ear down so she could speak into it.

"Okay," she whispered, her breath hot on his ear, "we need to make a big scene of this. You need to have a completely sick-and-sappy grin on your face and follow me like a love struck puppy. I'm going to walk in front of you, dragging you by your tie. Once we get to the abandoned classroom, kiss me once before closing the door, all right?"

Draco nodded and loosened his shirt so that Ginny could easily grab his tie. Ginny looked out to the staircase. She held out her hand, signaling for him to wait, while grabbing his tie with the other hand.

Ginny held up one finger with her free hand.

Two fingers.

Three fingers and a sly, seductive smile before yanking on his tie and pulling him towards the staircase.
Leave a Review