Payback

Chapter 3- Reasoning


As soon as the door to the room was closed, Draco pushed Ginny off of him and whipped out his wand. Pointing it at the doorknob, he muttered something incomprehensible, undoubtedly a strong locking charm.

"You worried about someone coming in here, Malfoy?" Ginny asked him, rubbing her rear where she had fallen on it.

"Actually, yes. When your brother's in a rage, he could kill anyone, including me if he really wanted to. I'm just hoping he doesn't break down this door."

Just then, Ron started pounding on the outside of the thick oak door.

"No need to worry, Malfoy. These doors are charmed not to creak under physical abuse."

"How would you know that?"

"Think Fred and George never tried?"

"Well then, I guess we are safe for a while. The spell I cast on the door cannot be opened by Alohomora and since Granger isn't with the two twits, I doubt they will know another spell to open the door."

"Probably right, neither of them is that bright."

At that moment, a voice on the other side of the door said "Alohomora." Ginny burst into a fit of giggles, which were only silenced by Draco putting his hand over her mouth and drawing her into his chest. Though Draco disliked the closeness, the technique was affective.

When the banging resumed, Ginny pushed out of his arms and turned to him quizzically.

"So what was that for?"

"What was what for?"

"Oh, don't act like you don't know; that kiss? I'm not paying you to shove your tongue down my throat!"

"Ah, that. Well, you see Ginevra; I did that for five reasons. One, it wouldn't have looked realistic if I hadn't. Two, I prize myself on my acting skills. Three, a Malfoy always does better than expected of them. And four, I knew it would be a good way to get another three Galleons out of you."

Ginny sighed. "Yes, yes. What are we up to now? Eighteen is it?"

Malfoy nodded.

"All right but tell me the last reason you did that."

"Very simple: You know you loved it." He smirked and Ginny resisted the urge to slap him.

"I did not 'love it,' Malfoy! I only played along so Ron and Harry would believe it. I too, am proud of my acting skills."

"Why did you have me do this anyway?"

"It does not concern you, so I will not tell you."

"Oh come off it Weasley. Tell me and I'll only charge you ten Galleons. How's that sound?"

Ginny thought about it for a minute. Thoughts of savings for her new robes overruled family pride and she nodded.

"All right, I'll tell you. You did know that Harry and I started dating at the beginning of the year?"

Draco nodded.

"But it was really difficult at first because some people didn't approve. He's the Great and Wonderful Harry Potter and I'm Fifth Year Nothing Ginny Weasley. Well, we eventually got over that and it was going well for a while. Lately though, he had been acting very oddly. He would barley talk to me, except in the Gryffindor common room. I thought it was weird, but I didn't care. I thought I was in love with him. Then this morning when I walked into the Great Hall, I saw Harry sitting with Cho on his lap. They were just talking at first, but then they started snogging.

"I exploded and ran at him. Without thinking, I grabbed Cho's hair and yanked her to the floor. While she was screaming, I grabbed Harry's shoulders and was shaking him back and forth, yelling something about what a bloody git he is. Ron pulled me off him and with Dean's help got me to sit down.

"All I did was glare at Harry. I would make attempts to strangle him but my bloody brother kept holding me down. I finally threw my glass of pumpkin juice at Ron and got away. That's when I decided to come find you and, well, you know the rest."

The only movement Draco had made during Ginny's speech was to lean back against the wall and fold his arms.

"Is that all?"

"What do you mean 'is that all'? My bloody boyfriend cheated on me!"

"So?"

"'So'?" Ginny was so flustered she could barley speak.

"It's nothing new Weasley. It happens all the time in Slytherin. In fact, I caught Pansy cheating on me last Wednesday."

"Well, aren't you mad?"

"No."

"Upset maybe?"

"No, it's stopped bothering me."

"You mean that it's happened before?"

"All the time. I've gone out with Pansy nineteen times since third year and she's cheated on me every time. I still don't know what she sees in Flint."

"Flint? As in Marcus Flint?"

Draco gave a tired smile. "Yes, the bloody bastard."

"Why would she cheat on you with him? That bloke's really ugly and none too bright."

"Was that a compliment, Weasley?"

"I suppose so. Don't you feel special?"

"Warm and tingly all over."

Draco walked over to the closest table and sat down in a chair. Tipping the chair back, he put his feet on the table top and folded his hands behind his head.

"Don't we need to go to class?" Ginny asked. She was standing by the door with her arms crossed, tapping her foot.

"Would you rather be half an hour late and have your professor go ballistic, or skip class, which no one would notice?"

"Skip, I guess."

"That's what I thought. Now, pull up a chair. We have to wait until class is over so Filch doesn't catch us."

Ginny hesitantly walked over to the table next to Draco. She pulled the chair out and sat facing Draco. He was leaning back with his eyes closed, moving his foot back and forth to a song in his head. Ginny laid her head on the table, thinking that maybe a little sleep would help her feel better. She found the position uncomfortable and tried another. After trying many, she found herself curled up in a ball on the table.

Draco opened his eyes and cocked an eyebrow in Ginny's direction. "You all right there, Weasley?"

"Just go back to sleep, Malfoy."

"Fine, be rude to me after I just offered you a cut in our little deal. I just love when people are rude to me, that's why I have such a clean and spotless reputation."

Ginny huffily curled herself back into a ball, thinking about what an annoying little prat Malfoy was. When it was finally time for them to leave, Ginny stood up and strode from the room without even looking at Malfoy.

"Bring me my money tomorrow, Weasley. I'll meet you here after dinner. DON'T be late."

Ginny paid him no attention at all. She was still contemplating the option of not paying him entirely.

Author notes: There you are! I hope you're all enjoying this as much as I am! Thank you toSleepless for the positive review! I'll see you all soon!

Leave a Review