Payback

Chapter 6- Won't Harry Be Surprised


"Aw, Gin! That all sounds awful! Life's hell right now, isn't it?" Colin and Ginny were walking down to their Care of Magical Creatures class, right after their confrontation with Harry. Their scarves were wrapped tightly around their mouths to protect them from the cold of early November. Ginny had just finished telling Colin about all that had happened with Harry since that morning. He had taken her side, obviously. Was there really another side?

"I just want to get back at that bloody bastard. The whole thing with Malfoy was just the beginning in my opinion." Colin had never heard Ginny use such harsh words before. She was usually very civil-tongued and he was a bit taken aback at her brutal language.

"And to top it off, you had to kiss Malfoy," Colin said, trying to lighten the mood slightly. "Oh wait, sorry, not kiss; be choked to death by his tongue. How did you stand that by the way?"

"It wasn't that bad. He's a pretty good kisser. It doesn't surprise me with all the 'experience' he supposedly has. Made him all the more perfect for this. I just wish I could have seen Ron and Harry's faces. It must have been priceless."

"Yea, I wish I could have seen them too."

You could practically see the idea come to Ginny as her eyes lit up and she turned to Colin. "Would you pay to see their faces?"

Colin raised his eyebrow at her. "Gin, what are you thinking?"

"Colin, just answer the question. Would you pay to see their faces?"

"How much money are we talking about?"

"Seven Galleons or so."

"Yea, I guess I would pay that much. Why, did you have a video camera hidden somewhere when Malfoy kissed you so you could record their reactions?"

"A what?" Ginny asked, confusion clearly written on her face.

"Muggle invention. Sorry, I keep forgetting things I grew up with are of no necessity here. A video camera records moving images and you can play them back."

"Oh, well I didn't use a vivio kammer, but I think I have an idea of how to recreate the scene, in a way."

"Gin, are you going to kiss Malfoy again?"

"No, I don't think that's necessary, but I do have a wonderful idea."



"Malfoy!" Draco turned around to see who had called his name, and upon seeing it was Ginny, smirked. She was running through the packed down snow from her Care of Magical Creatures class to catch up with him as he left the greenhouses after Herbology.

"What is it now, little weasel?" he asked as she caught up with him, breath visible in the air from her panting.

"I need another favor. I'll pay you." She held out the seven Galleons Colin had given her during class.

"You want what?" Draco looked disgusted.

"I need another favor, like earlier. Ron and Harry think I'm dating you, so I want to keep up that image. Will you walk me into the Great Hall for dinner and kiss me on the cheek before going to the Slytherin table?"

"No."

"Please, Malfoy?"

"What am I to you, weasel? A convenient substitute boyfriend? I'm not a man whore, Weasley. Get Creepy-Creevey if you need a shag, I'm not interested." Draco started towards the castle. "Oh by the way," he called over his shoulder, "you still owe me ten Galleons. Meet me in that classroom after dinner. If you're not there, I will come find you and we don't want that now, do we?"

Ginny just glared at him.

"I didn't think so." Draco sneered, and continued on his way to the castle.

Ginny stood fuming and when Colin reached her, he was almost too afraid to talk.

"Uhm, Gin?" he said hesitantly.

"How dare he insult me like that! I do not need a substitute boyfriend! And I don't need a shag either! Merlin, he makes me so angry!"

"Well Gin, you are kind of using him." Ginny gave Colin a look that could kill, but Colin was feeling brave and continued. "You just want amusement out of him, and it costs him his reputation. I mean, your families are enemies and have been for ages. Do you really think that he and you together are doing wonders for what his housemates think of him? Gryffindors may think you're a bad arse, but Slytherins would think that Malfoy was going soft."

Ginny slowly took in a breath of air and exhaled, calming her nerves. "You really are too logical for me, Colin."

"No, Gin, you're just too impulsive. You'll get me killed someday."

Ginny laughed and the first genuine smile that had crossed her face all day lit up her eyes. "Thanks, Colin."

"No problem, Gin." He put his arm around her shoulder and took her school bag from her so he could carry it, letting her relax.

"You know, Colin, having you around is like having another brother. Except, I like you better than the blood-related ones."

"Thanks, sis."

Ginny laughed again, signaling that dinner might not be a miniature trip to hell and back.



"I've got to run, guys. Homework, you know?" Ginny waved goodbye to her friends, who today excluded the Dream Team and headed for her room. She had decided to pay Draco after all and needed to get the money out of her trunk.

"Ginny! Wait!" Ginny turned on the stairs and saw Harry running towards her.

'Merlin, not again!' She simply continued walking, quickening her pace to add as much time as possible before Harry caught up with her.

"Gin!" Harry grabbed her shoulder, trying to get her to stop walking away from him.

"Don't touch me, Harry!" Ginny didn't even look his way, just simply brushed his hand off and continued walking.

"Come on, Gin! I need to talk to you. I want to apologize. If I'd known that you were in love with me-"

"In love with you?" Ginny whirled around to face him. "Where the hell did you get that idea? I was not in love with you."

"But, Hermione-"

"Oh, Hermione said, did she? Well, that must mean it's true. I mean, Hermione knows absolutely everything, doesn't she? Everything from the date of the first Goblin War right down to how I feel about you. News flash, Harry. I didn't love you and never will."

"Sorry, Gin, it's just-"

"Ginny!"

Harry and Ginny looked towards the voice they had heard, and were surprised out of their minds to see Draco headed towards them at a brisk pace. When he got to them, he snaked an arm around a shocked Ginny's waist and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Play along," he whispered in her ear. "I'll pay you."

"Get your paws off her, Malfoy!" Harry barked.

"Why should I, Scarhead? Besides, she seemed to be fine with me touching her last night." A suggestive smirk crossed Draco's face as he tightened his grip on Ginny's waist.

Remembering just in time to play along and not over react, Ginny simply slapped Draco lightly on the arm. "Draco! Harry doesn't need to know about that!"

Harry looked at them both, shocked. "Ginny, you and Malfoy?"

"Surprised, Potter?" Draco was almost laughing he was enjoying this so much. All Harry could do was nod. "Well, we'll leave you here to drool all over yourself. Ready, Ginny dear?"

Ginny nodded and was swept into Draco's arms. He walked her down the hallway and dropped her back on her feet once they turned a corner.

"What was that for, Draco?"

"Shh! Keep acting," he demanded in a hushed tone.

"DRAAAAAAACO!" a simpering voice called from around the corner.

"Here we go," Draco muttered, gritting his teeth.

Confused, Ginny looked in the direction the voice came from and was not surprised to see Pansy Parkinson. As soon as Pansy saw Ginny walking with Draco, she stopped dead in her tracks.

'So Draco needed help getting the whore off his back? Not a bad idea.' Ginny had to smile at his genius.

Pansy approached them cautiously, as if they could bite her. "Drakie dear, who is this?"

Draco flinched at his nickname, but replied all the same. "This is Ginny, Pansy. And my name is Draco, not Drakie, not Drake, Draco."

"Nice to meet you, Pansy." Ginny smiled and extended her hand to the girl. Pansy gave her a dirty look before quickly shaking Ginny's hand, muttering something about filthy Gryffindor scum.

"Now, Pansy," Draco said, acting as if he were talking to a small child, "that's no way to talk to my Ginny, is it?"

"Your Ginny?" Pansy asked in dismay.

"That's right, my Ginny." Draco leaned down and kissed Ginny on the lips, as if to prove it.

"Draco," Pansy squeaked out, sounding on the verge of tears, "we're through!"

"No, Pansy!" Draco had an obviously fake hurt look on his face. "Don't leave me."

Instead of answering, Pansy ran down the hall, sobbing. As soon as she was out of shot, Ginny burst into laughter.

"That was bloody brilliant, Malfoy," she managed to gasp out between bursts of laughter.

"It's my pleasure to amuse you, Weasley."

When Ginny finally stopped laughing, she stood up straight and looked Draco in the eye. "So, are we even?" she asked.

"No, not at all. I had to snog you, Weasley, you simply had to stand there. I'd say you still owe me five Galleons. But I'm also guessing that you don't have the money to pay me on you so I will have to wait until tomorrow to get it from you. Am I anywhere near close?"

"Bullseye," Ginny muttered. "By chance do you know where the Gryffindor dormitory entrance is? I'll pay you tonight if you do."

"You mean behind the portrait of that fat lady?"

"Yes," Ginny was surprised. No one was supposed to know where the entrance to another house was.

"Being Head Boy does have its perks." Draco sighed in a holier-than-thou style. "Lead the way, Weasley. I always do have trouble finding that bloody portrait."

Ginny scowled, but led Draco in the direction of her dormitory none the less.

'Won't Harry be surprised,' she thought to herself, and smirked.

Author notes: Thanks again to SniperTeamTango and Sleepless for their continued support! You guys are awesome! Please leave a review, I'd love to thank each and every one of you!

Leave a Review