Draco was in the perfect idea of hell. The air was humid. The heat was unbearable. There were flying bugs everywhere, including in his hair. The ground was wet and muddy, and every now again a short downpour would have them hiding under large leafy trees. It was most definitely a perfect Malfoy hell, and the mastermind behind his visit to hell was one Ginny Weasley.

“Stop being such a spoil sport.” The redhead in question turned around, tossing her braid over her shoulder. “This is going to be fun.”

“Fun?” Draco glared at her. “Fun is going to a Quidditch match and getting pissed with your friends. This, Weasley, is the complete opposite of fun.”

“Your bucket list adventure had us fall off a magic carpet and almost killed you,” Ginny said, crossing her arms. “I don’t want to hear it.”

“We’ve all gone camping before at all the World Cups. What is so special about camping?” Draco followed behind her, batting away the bugs in his face.

“The adventure is in the fact that we threw darts at a map and let chance pick the location,” Ginny said, shoving leafy plants out their way. She pulled out her wand, resting it on her palm. “Point me.”

“What is so special about the Amazon?” Draco stopped in a clearing, pulling a bottle of water out of his backpack. “Is this even safe?”

“Of course it is,” Ginny said. “We’re not in the Muggle part of the Amazon. There are witches and wizards who patrol the area, and I know the signal to call for help. Besides, I picked a camping spot less than twenty kilometers away from the nearest little town.”

“So why exactly have we been hiking through the jungle for three hours? Why not go to the town then go to our camping spot?” Draco pulled out his wand and did a quick Scourigify on himself. The spell was weak, a side effect from the natural magic in the earth. “We had to pick a place the dampens magic.”

“Where is your sense of adventure?” asked Ginny.

“I lost it over the Persian Gulf,” Draco said. He wiped at the sweat on his forehead, frowning. He’d spent years perfecting the art of never breaking a sweat, but after three hours he could fill tubs full of perspiration. “I feel disgusting.”

“Stop whining,” Ginny said. She took a swig of her water. “It’s an adventure.”

“The only nice part of this adventure is that you chose to wear a white shirt,” Draco said. He had been enjoying the fact that Ginny’s sweat made her white shirt useless at covering her body. “Green is a very nice color on you.”

“Maybe you would enjoy this more if you stopped distracting yourself with my breasts,” Ginny said exasperatedly. She placed her hand on her hips. “Is this why you keep making us stop? So you can eye me up?”

“Listen, your white shirt coupled with your lacy bra has afforded me a lovely view,” Draco said with a smirk. “If I’m stuck in hell, I might as well have something nice to look at.”

“You really are obsessed with them.” She hoisted her pack on her back. “Are we ready to keep moving?”

“I was fine with staying in Dubai for another week,” Draco said.

“You wanted this,” Ginny said. “I spent the last week flying broken magic carpets, crashing cars, and riding camels that smell worst than all of my brothers after a Quidditch match in July, all because you put them on your silly list.”

“The food was excellent, and you spent almost every afternoon getting massages,” Draco pointed out. “You weren’t complaining then.”

“Well, after spending an afternoon out in the desert, a massage and a soak in the tub was the only thing lifting my spirits,” Ginny said. Her wand spun in a circle on her hand. “Now let’s get moving.”

“So this weather is preferable?” asked Draco.

“The only wine I like is a nice Bordeaux,” Ginny quipped. “Now, come on.”

They hiked a few more kilometers before reaching a small shack on the river. Three little boys were running around, waving sticks and pretending to be injured by fake spells. Close by, a woman was kneeling in a garden, tending to some herbal plants. Behind the shack, a few boats were lined up, tied to a pole on the land. Draco couldn’t help but to picture Hagrid, the groundskeeper.

“Hello, hello.” A man stuck his head out of the door of the shack. “Welcome to the Amazon!”

“Hi,” Ginny said, shaking his hand.

“You must be Ms. Weasley? I am Paulo.” He kissed her hand. “The letter did not tell me I would be in the presence of such a beautiful woman.”

“Thank you,” Ginny said, smiling.

Draco cleared his throat. “I’m Draco Malfoy.”

“Mr. Malfoy,” he said. “Welcome, welcome. Come have a seat while I explain the boat ride to you. I’ll have Maria fix us something to eat.”

“We wouldn’t want to be a bother,” Ginny said, shaking her head.

“Not a problem.” The woman stood from the garden, brushing off her dress. “We like visitors. I just picked some fresh mangoes this morning.”

“That would be lovely,” Ginny said.

She nodded. “I will be right back. Paulo set up the table out back.”

“Yes, Maria,” Paulo said. He motioned to Draco and Ginny. “Follow me. We’ll sit alongside the river. Boys, I’ll be watching you.”

“Yes, papa,” the three boys chimed.

Draco and Ginny followed Paulo behind the shack where there was a table sitting against the wooden structure. Paulo removed his wand and levitated the table to a crop of trees right along the river. He did the same with four wooden chairs before disappearing inside. When he came back out, he had a porcelain jug and four glasses precariously balanced in his arms.

“Come, sit.” Paulo smiled at them, waving his hand at the seats.

Draco thought the man was overly friendly, but Ginny kept pinching his arm whenever he tried to say something. “You said you had to explain the boats.”

“Ah, yes,” Paulo said. He poured them a light pink juice. “Fresh guava juice. It will cool you off.”

“Thank you,” Ginny said, sipping it lightly. She poked Draco. “Try it.”

He wrinkled his nose and removed water from his pack. “I’m fine with water.”

“It is very good, Mr. Malfoy,” Paulo said.

Draco sighed, wincing as Ginny stepped on his foot under the table. “I will try.”

“Better,” Ginny said.

Paulo grinned. “My Maria was a lot like you when she was younger, Ms. Weasley. I’ve learned that it is always better to listen, Mr. Malfoy. The consequence of not listening is an earful of—“

“Yes, Paulo?” Maria stood behind him with four plates and a large bowl. “You are saying?”

“I was telling these lovely people how beautiful, kind, and caring my Maria is,” Paulo said, grinning at his wife. “Come sit, my love.”

“Men,” Maria said, setting the plates down. “I am sure you have your handful with him, Ms. Weasley.”

“Oh no,” Ginny said, blushing. “We’re not together. I mean we are here together, obviously, but not together, together—dating I mean.”

Maria smiled softly, resting a hand on Paulo’s shoulder. “Of course. I did not mean to assume.”

“After your trek in the Amazon, we will see if things do not change,” Paulo said. He looked up at his wife, holding her hand. “The jungle can have an effect on people. We say it is the earth, the magic of nature. The earth is a natural creator, and she likes to bring people together, creating new bonds—fostering and nurturing trust. The beauty of the magic in this soil is what keeps me from moving to the cities. I was created in this jungle. My marriage was formed and nurtured in this jungle. My children were created in this jungle, and perhaps one day their children will be as well.”

“That’s lovely,” Ginny said.

“You never know what the earth has in store for you when you take a journey through the Amazon,” Paulo said. He helped himself to some of the mango. “Now let us talk about your trip.”

“Did our itinerary reach here?” asked Ginny. “Is there a map we need of the river?”

“You will have a map, yes. But the boats are run on the magical energy in the Amazon. The reason you were referred to me is because I am the best at getting people through their journeys without losing them.” Paulo smiled. “I can read the magical energy of the boats and warp it as I see fit. Your boat has been enchanted to take you to the falls outside of the Ponte Negra area.”

“Is that Muggle or magical?” asked Ginny.

“You will be close to a city of witches and wizards only,” Paulo said. “There is also a Muggle city on the Ponte Negra beach, but they cannot pass the magical barriers that prevent them from exploring the magical community.”

“Will we run into Muggles?” asked Draco. He was wary of using magic if there was a chance of running across any Muggles.

“No, they do not venture out in the area you are heading. They consider it dangerous,” Paulo said. He shrugged. “It is the only way to preserve the beauty of our home.”

“Is there a danger to its safety?” asked Ginny.

“Muggles are overzealous in their exploration,” Maria said.

Paulo nodded in agreement. “The boat will stop at a large tree, and you can anchor it there. It will stay until you come back for it. You can then hike to the waterfalls where you plan on camping. When you’re ready, just go back to the boat. It will return you to me.”

“What if we need to alter the route or something?” asked Draco. He picked at a piece of mango. “Can it avoid dangers in the river?”

“It is safe, Mr. Malfoy,” Paulo said. “You do not have to worry. I have several wards on the boat that warn me if you are in danger.”

“That’s good,” Ginny said. “Our magic doesn’t work very well here.”

“The natural magic is not familiar with you yet,” Paulo said. “It will take a day before the dampening effect recedes, and your spells return to normal strength. Your body has to get used to the core of magic in the forest.”

Draco thought that Paolo was relying too much on the ‘natural magic,’ but he didn’t feel like offending an entire culture of people—not at this moment. The entire story of the effect of the forest on people seemed like rubbish to him, even if Ginny was completely enraptured by the tale. It was the kind of story you told tourists or your children, ones who were easily fooled and enchanted.

“Now it looks like your partner is ready, Ms. Weasley,” Paulo said. “Let me show you to your boat.”

The boat was a plain wooden row boat, the kind that they used at Hogwarts. It swayed as they stepped in, and Paulo showed them where emergency supplies were as well as the rope to tie it up. He also showed them a small booklet that had spells to change the direction of the boat, but he preferred they did not try and use them.

Paulo untied the rope. “Have fun, and enjoy my Amazon.”

The boat drifted into the water, rocking with the current of the strong tides. Draco always enjoyed boats, and it was one of the things he missed about the boat rides up to Hogwarts. The motion was relaxing, soothing, and after a week in close quarters with Ginevra Weasley, he could use a soothing moment.

After extending their stay in Dubai so he could heal from his fall, Draco had spent four out of six nights sleeping in Ginny’s room. All four nights, he woke up to find her warm body draped across his, but he had been the perfect gentleman. He didn’t touch her, although she did not keep the same boundary. Her hair would tickle his neck, her lips pressed to his bicep. He could feel every inch of her against him, and she slept peacefully without nightmares.

“It’s beautiful.” Ginny turned and looked back at him, resting her chin against her shoulder. “Are you tired? If you would come do a few more workouts with me, you would be in better shape.”

“Waking up at six in the morning never held appeal for me.” Draco pulled a pair of sunglasses out of his pack. “I don’t know why you do it.”

“Oh, I don’t know, my job maybe?” Ginny laughed, throwing her head back to catch the sun’s rays on her face. “It becomes routine after awhile.”

Draco put on his sunglasses and took an apple out of his bag. “Do you need one?”

“I’m fine for now.” Ginny opened the map Paulo had left on the boat for them. “According to this map, we should be at the spot in a forty minutes.”

“And then what terrible thing do you have on the agenda next?” Draco bit into the apple, picking at the stem. “Are you planning on swimming in bug infested waters or hike through a rocky mountain pass?”

“Oh the dramatics,” Ginny said. She shook her head. “It’s a short hike to a clearing. We’ll set up our tents, put up some wards, and then we can head to the waterfalls. They’re supposedly some of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Amazon, a hidden gem.”

“Sounds like you got that from a brochure,” Draco said.

“That’s what Paulo told Lillian,” Ginny said. “So just try and enjoy it. You don’t come camping in the Amazon everyday.”

“That’s why this is a bucket list activity,” Draco drawled.

“Well, let’s enjoy what little free time I have left before season starts,” Ginny said. She sighed. “The coaches are getting overbearing.”

“They think you’re going to be a bid for the national team,” Draco said plainly. “They’re going to cycle out Chasers from the national team soon. It makes sense. You’re one of the best Chasers in the league.”

“And I have to take all the pressure with it,” Ginny said. She sighed, putting on her sunglasses. “The press, the events, the games, and feeling like I have to carry a team.”

“You play your position and help your team,” Draco said. He tapped her on the back to get her to look at him. “You attend the events, and you get your team the proper publicity. At the end of the season, you head to the Quidditch World Cup, and you play for your country. Take that pressure and use it.”

“Thanks for the pep talk,” Ginny said. She turned and faced him. “I guess its new season jitters all over again.”

“If you lose and fail, I will buy a vineyard, and we can drink it dry,” Draco suggested.

“You really do know me well,” Ginny said, pushing her sunglasses up on her head. “Speaking of which, I have a surprise for us tonight.”

“What would that be?” asked Draco.

“It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you,” Ginny said. She smiled, dipping her head forward. “You’ll enjoy it though.”

“And will you?” he drawled, eyes still hidden behind his glasses.

“You’ll see.”

~~~~~~~~


Four hours later, they were in the clearing, setting up wards to block out people and large animals. The hike up had been terrible. More than once, Ginny slipped and stumbled. Draco was massaging aching biceps from having to catch her and prevent concussions. He had never been the most adept student at healing spells and only mastered the basics.

“Alright, the falls is a short hike that way,” she said, pointing to a patch of trees. “Ready?”

“For the next torture?” Draco pointed at her arms. “Don’t you think you have enough scratches?”

“No,” Ginny said. “I could use a few more.”

“Maybe next time I won’t catch you when you fall,” Draco said.

“Come on. I packed a really nice swimsuit for the occasion,” Ginny said in a singsong tone. “You’ll get to ogle at me for at least an hour.”

“Now you made things interesting,” Draco said.

“You’re such a pervert,” Ginny said with a shake of her head. “Let’s go.”

They traveled through the brush, the trees, and down a rocky path that caused both Draco and Ginny to slide one or two times. Finally, they reached a flat, soft-soiled area. The sound of rushing water reached their ears, and the air turned crisp with the smell of moisture. They rounded a copse of trees, and the cascade of water awed even Draco. It looked like a shimmering pearl curtain that ended in a pool of dark water, surrounded by the green grass and trees.

“I could use a cool dip,” Ginny said.

Draco turned to look at her right as she shimmied out of her pants. Her shirt was next, and Draco had a full view of all that was Ginevra Weasley. Her body was bare for him in a turquoise two-piece, and he realized just how lovely she was. Cream skin dotted with a few freckles, her back arched as she pinned her hair into a makeshift bun. She turned and looked at him with a smile on her face.

“Do you like?”

“It’s nice,” he said with a shrug.

“Of course. Now off with your clothes, Mr. Malfoy,” Ginny said.

“So that’s why you brought me here. You want to see me naked,” Draco said. He pulled his shirt off, smirking. “Have your fill, Ms. Weasley.”

Ginny laughed and jumped into the water, surfacing with a smile. “This is fantastic.”

Draco followed soon after, shivering at the cold temperature. “It’s freezing.”

“Stop being such a baby,” Ginny said. She swam around. “You’re never going to experience this again.”

“Who says I won’t come back?” asked Draco.

“Paulo and Maria had a nice story. It was sweet. You can clearly tell he’s head over heels for her, and she feels likewise,” Ginny said, lazily swimming. After a beat of silence, Ginny cleared her throat. “Did you ever wonder why we never took this any further?”

Draco moved to one of the rock formations close to the waterfall. “Took it further how?”

“Sex,” Ginny said. She swam towards him. “That night in Germany, you stopped me.”

“You remember that night?” Draco stared at her with raised eyebrows.

“I remembered the next morning,” Ginny said. She sighed. “I initiated it, and you told me to stop. I listened. But I never understood.”

“I shag women six days a week, Ginny. Usually, we’re both drinking, and I am sloshed. I can only assume that I didn’t want that night in Germany to be like a drunken shag.” Draco hoisted himself up on the rocks and pulled Ginny up after him. She tried to move to sit next to him, and he held her close. “Is that why you avoided me for two weeks after Germany?”

“My ego was little bruised,” Ginny said. She grinned. “I mean, I did have half your Slytherin class chasing after me. But you were apparently unattainable.”

“I have high standards,” Draco said haughtily.

“I do as well,” Ginny replied. She pressed herself against him. “I’ve slept in a bed with you Draco Malfoy, and I know that you are not as restrained as you pretend to be around me.”

Draco smiled. “A man can only restrain himself so much when you insist on wearing tiny shorts to bed.”

“It’s what I like to sleep in,” Ginny said.

“No, it’s what you like to tease me in,” Draco said. “You weren’t wearing it the first night.”

Ginny laughed. “Maybe I was trying to give you a hint.”

“What are you hinting at, Ginny?” Draco held her arm tightly to keep her from moving off his lap.

“Do you ever wonder why we never made anything out of our blind date?” Ginny kicked her feet in the water, making circles. “We were stubborn, I guess.”

“Yes, stubborn and Weasley.” Draco wrapped an arm around her waist, holding her closer. “What are you saying, Ginny? Why now?”

“The nightmares,” Ginny said. “I lied. They started changing months ago, right before Germany. I could barely sleep, knowing that every night when I put my head down you would die.”

“A little morbid,” Draco said.

“I haven’t seriously dated someone in a year, only mindless shags to release all the tension you leave me with,” Ginny said. She sighed. “I’m laying myself bare to you, Draco.”

“And what do you want, Ginevra?” Draco’s body was still.

“I don’t know. Is it silly? We’ve known each other for two years,” Ginny said. “Two years of spending more time with you than with my family. Two years of Sunday coffee and making fun of other girls. Two years of shagging other people but being there in the morning with you. Am I completely insane? Is this wrong? Am I wrong? Should I just stop whi—“

Draco spun her in his lap to straddle him. “Ginny?”

“Yes?” she asked, her breath hitching.

“Be quiet.”

He touched his lips to hers, his hands sliding down to cup her bum. He pulled her against him, pressing her breasts against his body. Her arms wrapped around him, and their lips moved together, hands roaming, exploring. Her lips were soft and supple, delicious. He nipped at them, sliding his lips against hers. He didn’t slip his tongue past her lips, but her moan of frustration made him smile into her kiss.

“Are you going to stop talking now?”

She nodded.

Draco splayed his hands on her lower back, his fingers enjoying the creamy skin he had been admiring since she had taken her clothes off. “You’re not wrong.”

“What does this mean?” asked Ginny, toying with his hair. “Do we go on a date? That sounds absurd.”

“We go back to our tent. We open your surprise bottle of scotch. We have a few drinks and eat the horrible premade food you brought.” One of his hands moved to her stomach, trailing up between the valley of her breasts. “And after, we play a game of cards. Strip poker, perhaps. From there, well, Ms. Weasley, use your imagination.”

“How would you rate your bucket list experience thus far?” asked Ginny, smiling and pressing her forehead against his.

“I think I’ve thought of a new list to make,” Draco said thoughtfully. He gave her a devilish grin, his hand moving from her breasts to the string that kept her bikini on. “But I do have one question before we can start making our new list.”

“And what would that be, Mr. Malfoy?” questioned Ginny, shivering under his touch.

“How flexible are you, Ms. Weasley?”

Ginny laughed, throwing her head back. “Something tells me you intend on finding out.”

Author notes: I have not been to Dubai or the Amazon, so forgive me for using my creative license and Google.

I hope you enjoyed the adventure. Arrividerci!

The End.
MemoriesFade is the author of 16 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked The Rich and the Restless also liked 360 other stories.
Leave a Review