Ginny is tired of being the only single Weasley at family gatherings and all the pity that comes with that status. Draco could do without opportunistic women taking advantage of his desire to connect. The solution? Team up to become platonic dates during the holidays.

If only their hearts could stick to the plan....

CHAPTER ELEVEN SNIPPET:

When Ginny finally came downstairs, her eyes were bright and red-rimmed with happy tears. Her teammates and friends swarmed her again, congratulating her on becoming an auntie once more. She thanked everyone profusely, but her attention was clearly divided. Her eyes kept drifting toward Draco as if to make sure he stayed put until she could reach him.

And when she was finally free from the well-wishers and standing in front of him once more, it took all of Draco’s control not to pull her toward him and kiss her. That look on her face, the relief and elation—he never wanted to see it leave. He realized then that there was little Draco wouldn’t do to spare her from misery, like the kind she’d experienced over the summer when she’d been bashed in the press.

The realization frightened him enough to flee, but he couldn’t. She was here. As much as he wished to escape his feelings, he also couldn’t deny himself the opportunity to be around her.

Holidating 6

Category: Works in Progress
Rating: Definitely Naughty
Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Molly Weasley, Other Characters, Pansy Parkinson, Ron Weasley
Compliant with: All but epilogue
Era: Post-Hogwarts
Genres: Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Completed: No
Series: None

Chapters: 11 | Word count: 77750 | Read count: 3665 | Published: Jan 30, 2021 | Updated: Feb 18, 2024
[Report This]

(Reviews - 38) Microsoft Word Printer
Story notes: This story is inspired by the Netflix movie Holidate. Some of the plot points will be similar to things that happen in the movie, but some will be different.

I'm dedicating this story to EvShadow/TinyYellowDragon because this was all her idea. I had no intention of writing this when she asked me if a story like it existed. But the plot bunny refused to hop away, so I succumbed to its infernal influence. Thanks for everything.

Except for the first three chapters, my plan is to update approximately once a month, each update coinciding with a different holiday or event that month. Which means - fingers crossed, knock on wood - this story will be complete before January 1, 2022. I will do my best to stick to that schedule.

1. Christmas Eve 2005 (Reviews - 5) 2295 words

1/30/2021

2. Boxing Day 2005 (Reviews - 4) 4480 words

1/31/2021

3. New Year's Eve 2005 (Reviews - 1) 5141 words

2/7/2021

4. Valentine's Day 2006 (Reviews - 4) 6428 words

2/23/2021

5. St. Patrick's Day 2006 (Reviews - 4) 6951 words

3/16/2021

6. Easter Sunday 2006 (Reviews - 4) 9650 words

4/30/2021

7. Remembrance Day 2006 (Reviews - 6) 9112 words

5/27/2021

8. Summer Solstice 2006 (Part 1) (Reviews - 3) 6952 words

6/20/2021

As the title suggests, this is the first part of the June chapter. The chapter was getting way too long and out of hand, so splitting it into two chapters seemed like a good way to go. Part two will be posted when I finish it. Even though I’ve already updated for June, I still intend to post the second part by the end of the month! Also, chapters 8 and 9 will deviate from my normal pattern of alternating POVs every month. Since there was such a time gap between Remembrance Day and summer solstice, it seemed more appropriate to add more POVs rather than having to wait so long to find out what Ginny thinks about everything that has happened since May. Her POV will show up in chapter 9 and then continue into July’s chapter 10.

9. Summer Solstice 2006 (Part 2) (Reviews - 3) 12930 words

7/12/2021

10. Weasley Wedding 2006 (Reviews - 2) 7953 words

11/28/21

11. Ginny's Birthday 2006 (Reviews - 2) 5858 words

2/18/24