Hello, everyone. This is my first Ginny/Draco fic, and the second one I’ve ever written, so please be kind. It is an AU fic, I guess, as nothing here holds to canon.

Disclaimer: Only the things and characters you don’t recognize are mine. Everything belongs to J.K. Rowling, who is by far the best author in the world!

Prologue

“Mom?”

Ginny turned over and opened her eyes slowly. A small, strawberry blonde girl with wide hazel eyes stood next to her side of the bed, a Raggedy Ann doll hugged tightly to her chest. Ginny sighed, clutching the sheets to hide her naked chest. “Good morning, Myra,” she mumbled. Myra smiled and watched as she stood up and grabbed her nightgown, putting it on hurriedly. Ginny held out her arms and Myra climbed into them.

“Okay then,” said Ginny, pushing Myra’s hair out of her eyes. “Let’s go to the kitchen so we don’t wake up daddy.”

Myra nodded happily, then lay her head on her mother’s shoulder. Ginny silently went down the stairs. She walked into the kitchen, sitting Myra on top of the table. She dropped on the chair in front of her. “So what do you want to eat for breakfast?”

“Pancakes!” exclaimed Myra joyfully. Ginny frowned for a second, looking around the kitchen. It was still a mess from last night’s dinner. “I’ll make them if you clean,” said a deep, melodic voice from the doorway. She turned to see Draco holding their three-year old son. She smiled and nodded at him, taking little Daniel and depositing him in his high chair.

When she first met Draco Malfoy, she had really despised him. It was the highlight of her life at Hogwarts when in her fourth year she cast her infamous Bat-Bogey Hex on him. At that time, she could never have imagined that in less than three years, she would be married to him and have three wonderful children.

Ginny wrapped her arms around Draco’s waist. He grinned warmly at her, kissing her lightly.

“Ewww! Mom and Dad are kissing and that’s really gross!” Draco pulled back from Ginny to scowl at their oldest son, Bradley. Myra giggled at her brother’s disgusted face. Danny was too busy trying to not fall asleep that he failed to notice anything in the room.

Ginny loaded the dishwasher as Draco proceeded to make the pancakes. Even though Ginny knew how to cook, after Myra was born she became busy controlling a then 6-year-old Brad and a newborn baby, so Draco made it a habit to get up before her and cook breakfast. Two years after Myra came Danny, who turned out to be the quietest of the three.

Having cleaned up the kitchen a bit, Ginny helped Draco pass out plates and serve the pancakes. She fed Danny while the rest of her family ate and talked about their plans for the day. She smiled contentedly at Danny when he said, “yum, yum,” and licked the syrup of his fingers.

~*~*~ Flashback~*~*~
“Draco,” Ginny sat on one of the desks in the Astronomy Tower. Draco stood in front of her and their robes lay forgotten on the floor. “I’ve never- I mean- I-”

Draco narrowed his eyes slightly, then opened them wide in realization. “Never?”

“Never,” she nodded. She wanted to wait until she was married to have sex. Most of her ex-boyfriends had dumped her because of that. It had never bothered her- they weren’t
worth it, and they probably didn’t love her if they couldn’t wait for her- but with Draco it seemed different. And she knew she wanted to be with him. Ever since his father had been taken to Azkaban, he had loosened up, stopped insulting people (with the exception of Harry, Ron, and Hermione) and had asked quite a few girls out from the houses other than Slytherin. But since the beginning of her sixth year, his seventh, they had been dating in secret. Ginny knew Ron would kill Draco if he ever found out, and Draco didn’t want to put Ginny in any danger. Even behind bars, his father had power within the Death Eaters, and if he knew that his only son was seeing a Weasley, he would have her terminated.

Draco looked at her for a second before taking a step back. “And I guess it’s because you’re waiting until you get married?” he asked.

“Yeah,” she answered, knowing what was coming next and already feeling tears gather in her eyes.

“Okay,” he said. “I completely understand.” He leaned in and kissed her softly before smiling at her.

Ginny was confused. “Aren’t you going to break up with me?”

“Why would I break up with you?” He picked up their robes and threw them on the chair next to him.

“Because I don’t want to do it,” she frowned. He raised a perfect eyebrow.

“Ginny, I enjoy being with you. I’m not here for the sex,” he explained, tilting her head up so that their eyes met. “I would do anything for you. I would walk to the end of the Earth to be with you.” Ginny was taken aback by the honesty and passion in his gray eyes. “And besides, I could never take something so precious from you on top of a desk. You deserve better than that.”

Later that night, while they were sitting on the floor of the Astronomy tower, cuddling under Draco’s cloak and looking at the stars, she had asked him where the end of the world was. After all, she reasoned, the world is round and there was no beginning or end. He answered the end of the world was where you die.

“Are you saying that you would die for me?” she asked astonished.

He thought about it for a second. “Yes, I would.”

“I love you,” she whispered, the words coming out of her mouth before she could stop them.

He looked at her, a smile touching his lips. “I love you, too.”

The next morning Draco stunned the whole entire school when at breakfast, he walked up to the Gryffindor table and kissed Ginny in front of everyone. Even Ginny was surprised by his actions, but she was glad. There was no reason to hide things from the world anymore. They loved each other, and that love would help them overcome everything.

~*~*~ End Flashback~*~*~

Ginny stood, stretching before clearing the table. “Mom,” said Brad. “Can we go out to the Carnival? Please?”

“Yeah, Mommy,” skipped Myra excitedly. “Let’s go to the Carnival.”

Ginny raised her eyebrows at Draco, who shrugged. He picked up Danny and walked out of the kitchen. She took a deep breath. “Okay, we’ll go to the Carnival,” she said to the two energized children in front of her. “If your father says it’s okay.”

A/N: So what do you think? Please let me know. I was thinking of making this a one-shot, but then I got the best idea. It just popped into my head, so I will be continuing this story, with this chapter being a prologue. I may not update quickly as I am working on a different story and that one will be my first priority. However I do have a few more chapters of this story typed and ready to go, so it should not be too much of a problem.

Please review. It will ready be appreciated. No flames, though.

Thank you,
Amalia
To Be Continued.
WitchAtHeart is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Cross My Heart also liked 39 other stories.
Leave a Review