Author Note: I want to thank my fantasical beta, MrsHarryPotter, for correcting all of my stupid mistakes. And I dedicate this chapter to my best friend, Dominique, who is going through some hard times right now. Know that I love you and that I'll always be there for you.

**DISCLAIMER: Seriously, if I owned Harry Potter I would be drinking out of a coconut, sharing the warmth of the sand, and getting a nice, needed tan. Am I doing all of those things? No. I am stuck with tap water, plaid sheets, and a pale face from the evil winter. Thanks for reminding me.**


If you want you can get to know me well
We get along so we shouldn't argue
And I don't know, said I don't know
All these feelings cloud up my reasoning
Cloud up my reasoning

I know, but I still
Believe in ignorance as my best defense
So go on, wreck me
Funny how I carry on, and not be taken over
Will not roll over on anyone,
cuz anyone would stand up on my side

"Argue"
By: Matchbox 20



Chapter Two
--Of Dealers and the Dealt--


Draco wrapped the towel around his waist tightly, and walked out of the bathroom. He found Ginny in the kitchen, reading a magazine.

“Did you talk to Granger?” he asked. Ginny jumped from her chair, a little startled.

“Oh, yeah. I told her you were here and that you were okay,” Ginny said, turning back to her magazine. His gaze, however, never left her. She felt his eyes on her and sighed. “Why don’t you get dressed and I’ll show you around town?” she suggested.

Draco nodded his head and realised something before turning around and leaving. “Where am I to sleep?” he asked.

“Oh, sorry! Go to the living room and it’s the door with the silver handle. I already put your trunks there.” Draco grunted and Ginny took it as his best try at a ‘thank you.' Then, he proceeded to his room. To his surprise it was quite large. It had a desk with a chair, one window with plush green curtains, a dresser, and a queen-sized bed. She had obviously changed his sheets and comforter because they were green with silver pillows.

Draco was glad that Ginny knew how to make him feel at home. He sighed and began to dress to face the long, horrible, Muggle-filled day ahead of him. Why did the gods hate him so?

He walked into the living room and found Ginny sitting on the couch and reading what seemed to be a Muggle newspaper. She felt his presence and looked up from the column she was reading.

Almost immediately Ginny bit her bottom lip and put down the paper. Draco gave her a questioning glance, but by then she had covered her mouth with both of her hands and was trying to keep herself from laughing. He didn’t know off-hand why she was laughing, but decided to humour her. Besides, this had to stop now. Malfoys are never laughed at.

“What?” he asked, sighing impatiently.

“Oh, Malfoy,” Ginny choked, “No M-muggle...would ever wear... hehehe... t-that...in public!” she fell off of the couch in fits of laughter. Draco just stood there in front of her, looking down at his choice of clothing.

“I’ll have you know, Weasley,” he sneered, “that these robes are worth more than your entire house!”

Ginny rolled her eyes. “Come on, Malfoy. What’s with the poor jokes? I thought you would have come up with something better. I mean, we’ve been out of Hogwarts for how many years now?”

Draco was shocked at the little Weasel’s gall, but kept his outward composer. This was definitely not the shy, scared, little girl he remembered.

When Ginny was able to calm herself, she gathered herself from the floor. “I thought Hermione was supposed to give you help on what to wear?" she asked, brushing the invisible dirt off of herself.

Draco sneered, "Like I would take orders from a Mudblood."

Ginny's eyes narrowed angrily. "Don't call her that, you horrible little ferret!"

Draco sighed and ran an impatient hand through his hair. "Not the ferret jokes," he muttered sourly.

"Fine. No more ferret jokes if you promise to keep your derogatory words to yourself," Ginny conceded. Draco nodded and Ginny promptly left the room. When she returned she was carrying a bundle of men's clothing.

"I had a feeling you wouldn't listen to Hermione," Ginny confessed. "Even if she stuck her wand up your arse."

Draco took the clothing that was handed to him and looked at Ginny with aggravation and contempt. Sneaky little bint! He wanted to wear his own robes, dammit! With an over-exaggerated sigh he left the room to change. Ginny waited for him in amusement, hearing him mumble angrily and curse every-so-often.

When Draco returned he found Ginny waiting for him in a white, spring dress with a yellow sweater. Once a Gryffindor, always a Gryffindor, he supposed, but did she half to do it in his presence? Wanting to irk her as much as she irked him, Draco decided to make a comment.

"Red and yellow, Weasel? Reliving the old days when Potter wouldn't have you if you threw yourself at him naked?" he drawled in a bored sort of tone.

Ginny's face turned as red as her hair in a split second. How dare he? "You.. you.. evil bastard!" she screeched. "And here I thought you had changed. I was wrong, you are still the spitting image of Lucius Malfoy!"

Draco pinned her to the wall by her wrists violently. He watched as she squirmed to get away, but he didn't care. His face came dangerously close to hers so close that she could see the the anger seeting out of him. "Never, ever compare me to him," he hissed slowly.

Ginny nodded, fear evident in her wide eyes. Draco let her go and turned his back to her, instantly regretting what he did. He ran a nervous hand through his flaxen hair. "Weasel," he said, turning around to face her.

Draco met Ginny's hardened stare and inwardly flinched. "Forget it," she said flatly.

After she had grabbed her keys and purse, they went out the door and into the driveway. Neither spoke a word to each other, but both of them hated the awkward silence. They walked out to her driveway, which had a white Beetle in the center of it. Ginny knew her new role of teaching Draco things about the Muggle world, but she also knew about his view of Muggles. This wasn't going to be fun.

She sighed and readied herself to go in for the kill. “This is my..” She was interrupted.

“Yes, I know. It’s a car.” Draco said in what would be considered a superior tone of voice.

Ginny just stared at him in mild shock. “How did you know that?”

Draco rolled his eyes and snorted. “Honestly, Weasley. It’s not as if I’ve never been in Muggle London before. I know what a car is and what it does. I know a lot more about Muggles than you think I do.” Ginny just gaped at him.

Draco chuckled and began to walk towards the drivers side. "You look like a fish out of water," he commented. Ginny instantly closed her mouth. Then she realized where he was headed.

“Malfoy, that’s the driver’s side here. It’s backwards from back home.” Draco didn’t blink an eye.

“I know. I want to drive.” Ginny bit her lower lip and walked over to him.

“I am not letting you, of all people, drive my car," she told him frankly.

Draco made a face. "I've driven before, Weasley. Have some faith."

"Faith? Ha!" Ginny laughed sarcastically. "Malfoy give me one good reason, based on past experiences, that I should let you drive me around. You could very well crash just to kill me!"

Draco looked at her as if she had grown another head. "Weasley, honestly, use your common sense. If I were to crash just to kill you, there was a chance that I could be harmed. Do you think that I, the vainest person in Hogwarts, would expose myself to that kind of danger?"

"Lavender was vainer than you. I think Seamus was secretly vain, too. When we went out to Hogsmeade together, he always had his little compact mirror with him. I caught him making strange faces in it once. Of course, that was when he was in the middle of snogging Justin Flinch-Fletchy," Ginny told him offhandedly.

Draco sighed and tapped his fingers of the rook of the car impatiently. "Not the point, Weasley."

"Well, how would you like to find out that your boyfriend was a poof?!"

"My guess is that if I had a boyfriend, I would already know," Draco retorted. "Still, not the point."

Ginny decided that Draco was right, but she simply wouldn't let him win this argument. After a moment of searching through obscenely stupid reasons why she shouldn't let him drive, she came up with a good one.

"You don't have a driver's license," she said triumphantly.

"What?"

"A driver's license," she repeated, feeling pretty damn proud of herself. "Every driver needs one to be on the road."

Draco exasperatedly threw his hands up in the air. "Fine! I give up!"

Ginny watched with silent glee as he walked to the passenger's side and shoved himself in the car with a slam of the door behind him. As they began to drive downtown, Draco could instantly pick out the differences between here and home., the difference between Muggles and Wizards. Still, it was a beautiful day outside and there were tons of people walking ever-which-way. Draco smiled and thought that maybe he could live here for a few months after all.

Ginny turned and saw Draco looking out the window, smiling, for the first time ever. Of course, she had seen him smirk before, but that was only for cruel purposes. Now, he actually looked human and happy. They reached a red light and she cleared her throat and he turned to her.

“I thought we'd go to my favorite café, Amada’s. Afterwards I have to check the store, but then we can go wherever you want.” Ginny turned her attention back to the road. “Please be nice to everyone. They’re my friends,” she added.

“The store?” Draco asked idly, purposely picking out the wrong part of the conversation to comment about.

“Oh, yes. I forgot to tell you. I own a bookstore and library called Tall Tales,” Ginny explained, smiling broadly as she parked the car and led Draco to the front door. “I was hoping that while you were here that you could help me around the store. You wouldn't mind, would you?"

The hostess came over to Ginny and Draco. “Two please. Non-smoking,” Ginny told her. The hostess grabbed two menus and said, “Follow me.”

“I don't do the hired help thing, Weasel," Draco whispered into her ear.

The hostess sat them at a booth, near a window. “Who said I was paying you? Anyway, you can call me by my name, you know? That is if you know what it is.” She picked up her menu and started to read the breakfast specials.

He looked at the menu as well. “You could stand to do the same, Ginny," Draco sneered, emphasizing her name.

“No, your name is just to... stuffy.” Draco scowled and Ginny chuckled. "I could call you Dragon," she teased.

Draco snorted. "Not unless you want people to think that you're calling me by my kinky pet name."

"Nonsense. Dragon isn't your kinky pet name," Ginny said, an evil smile dawning on her lips. "Ferret is."

Draco growled lowly. "I thought we made a deal. No. Ferret. Jokes." When he had finished talking, he slammed his fisted hands down onto the table roughly, causing other seated people to stare at the couple for a moment.

"Don't be so touchy, Malfoy!" Ginny chastised in a light whisper. A blush spread lightly over her cheeks from such unwanted attention from strangers.

"Just like you're being touchy about me calling your friend a Mudblood?" he returned angrily.

Ginny scoffed. "The Malfoy pigheaded streak shows itself once more."

Draco grinned maliciously. "Yes, Malfoys are pigheaded and proud. We also have money. Lots of it. Whereas your parents had to sell everything they owned for one week's night of food! I have new, top of the line broomsticks and designer clothing, Weasley. Not hand-me-downs from those oafs you call brothers! How many of them are there, again? Thirteen. . .fifteen?” Draco momentarily felt bad for being so mean to Ginny, but she was getting on his nerves. And calling him his father.. that was below the belt.

“Six,” Ginny said through gritted teeth. Her face and the tips of her ears were burning red now. “How dare you insult my family! You know nothing about me, Malfoy!”

“You say this as if you know something about me!”

“I do!” Ginny said. “I know that you a pompous bastard who only cares about himself. Who cares more about his hair any other human being! You are a self-conceited pig with the ego the size of France!”

By this time, Draco’s blood was boiling. “Look!” he growled, catching Ginny’s attention, and most of the other people’s in the room as well. “I have changed since Hogwarts, Weasel. I may still be conceited and a pompous bastard, but I only give as good as I get, Weasel. People change. Is that so hard to believe?” When he had finished the fork on the table being very interesting to stare at.

Ginny felt sorry that she had given him such a hard time. She was about to apologize, when the waitress came over. “Are you ready to order?” she asked, taking out her pen and a pad of paper. Ginny and Draco nodded.

“Spanish omelette and water, please," Ginny said, closing her menu and looking over at Draco who was looking at the waitress.

“I’ll have the same.” She collected their menus and left them alone once again.

“Draco,” Ginny started. He looked up at her, realizing she had just said his first name. “I’m sorry.”

Draco smiled slightly because he never had gotten a sincere apology before. Then, he thought of something. “I’ll make you a deal, Weasel.”

"Another? Why don't we just write up a peace treaty? Oh, wait, that would take more than forty years to compromise!" Ginny said sarcastically. She caught Draco's glare and realized that he was trying to be nice and serious, which was different for him. She sighed and decided to be nice and serious as well.

"What would be in this said deal?" she asked curiously.

“To make this time...er...bearable for us, we agree to be nice to each other. No rude, hurtful comments or going at each other’s throats, etc. Do you get where I’m going with this?” he finished hurriedly. He didn't like to think that he was having a civil, peace-making conversation with a Weasley. It was just wrong.

Ginny looked at him skeptically. “So basically you’re offering me your friendship?”

Draco thought about it for a while and finally nodded his head slowly. "If you want to call it that."

Ginny nodded, and stuck her hand out towards him. “Deal.”

Draco was reluctant about touching her, but put it aside and shook her hand.

A few minutes later, their omelettes came and they ate in silence for the rest of their time there.

~*~

***A/N: “Amada” - From the name Amatus, which means "beloved" in Latin***

Thank you to everyone who reviewed! You guys are just so wonderful!

I know it's been awhile, but I have been in the process of moving. When everything was said and done, the computer that has all of my work on it crashed.. leading me farther down the road to insanity as I'd ever hoped to be. In short, winter has been evil and if I don't have any beta trouble I hope to post more frequently.

Thanks to everyone again and I hope you enjoy this chapter!
To Be Continued.
tinkerty tonk is the author of 0 other stories.

Leave a Review