Of Socks and Timing

This is off a challenge at Portkey. Definitely fluff.
Challenge
-Set after Hogwarts
-full of fluff
-war between Harry and Voldemort still on
-mention of socks and monkey called Steve

My first published pure cookie. It keeps the summer reading away. lol. Enjoy and review, if you want.

---


Leading a life of international mystery wasn’t as perfect as everyone seems to think. For Draco Malfoy, it just meant never having a relationship lasting past the night. That is, until he left the English Order of Espionage to go back to the wizarding world and help out the Order of Pheonix, at special request of Dumbledore, who was probably prodded by Snape.

Back in the wizarding world, Draco’s wealth, left to him after Lucius Malfoy was killed in one of the first battles of the war, made him an excellent prospect to be stalked by lonely, and not so lonely, ladies. But Draco had his sights set on something better than a damsel looking for a rich husband to mess around on. He wanted someone strong who didn’t want to be taken care of, or so she said.

Luckily for him, being in the Order or Pheonix, he found many women who had such qualities. Only problem was, these were apparently popular qualities to look for, since only two of the five women in the inner circle weren’t spoken for. They were Luna Lovegood (who knows why?!) and Ginevra Weasley, usually called Ginny.

Ginny Weasley was also a spy, one of whom Draco seemed to be constantly paired with. This was probably because of his knack of getting scrapes. After Hogwarts, Ginny had gone to medical school and finished just before the war started. Never one to sit out on the sidelines, she volunteered her services with the Order.

“I can’t believe you seriously sleep that thing! You are twenty-six years old for Merlin’s sake! Who needs to sleep with a run-down stuffed monkey named Steve?” Ginny said.

“Shove it, Weasley. I need to cuddle with something if you won’t let me cuddle with you,” he shot back.

“That’s a low blow! You know that someone could walk into here at any moment, and to see the two of us in the same bed would not go well if you expect to be the father of my children some day!”

Draco cringed at that. Just the thought was enough to send his boys running for cover.

Ginny had gotten up to get some of the carbonated beverage, or, as Draco called it, pop. He’d brought it back from the muggle world, and got her absolutely hooked on it.

He crossed the room and stood quietly right behind her. When she turned around, he captured her lips in a kiss and took the soda from her hands. Her arms snaked up around his neck. Draco lifted her off her feet and she climbed him like a tree, locking her legs around his waist.

She unlocked her lips just long enough to speak. “We can’t,” she breathed. “Someone –“

“They can go to bloody hell,” Draco forced out.

Any protest she had to his comment died on her lips, as they were once again reclaimed by Draco’s. He walked to where he thought the bed was, never removing his lips from hers. He tripped ungracefully onto the bed, which is what walking around with your eyes closed tends to do.

Draco’s hands left the red-head’s face to move down to her belt buckle. He tried unsuccessfully to undo until his third attempt, when he finally unclasped it. His hands went right to the next obstacle, the 5 buttons on her jeans. Ginny’s hand went down to help his, as he was even worse with the buttons on her jeans then he was with the belt buckle.

Just as the last one was undone, the door opened. Hermione and Harry walked in, carrying a basket of socks.

Draco looked at the pair, peeved at their lack of timing. Ginny slid out from under him, blushing the reddest that she’d ever been seen.

“What are you two doing here?” Draco finally asked, breaking the awkward silence.

“We… Hermione…” Harry tried.

“Dumbledore asked us to bring up your socks. He said it was urgent, and with Dobby and Winky busy, he gave us the task,” Hermione took over.

“Brilliant,” Draco responded.

Ginny, the only one with manners, as it seemed, thanked Hermione for her kindly bringing up the socks. She retrieved the basket from her, and told them to have a nice day.

Hermione walked down the stairs, but Harry stayed where he was. He leaned over to Ginny and said, “Are you planning to have kids with this guy?”

She nodded.

"Then I won’t tell anyone. Merlin knows his chances of having kids if everyone knows.”
The End.
Citrus587 is the author of 5 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Of Socks and Timing also liked 448 other stories.
Leave a Review