A/N: This is my first fic (that I've posted), so please leave some comments (if you don't hate it).

I wanted to make a songfic from Ashlee Simpson's song 'Pieces of Me', but I haven't really gotten to that part yet, because I (personally) don't like D/G fics where they start out as friends, so I had to do a setup before I can play with the song lyrics. Anyway, just leave me some support and I'll write more. Kay? Thanks!!





Ginny contently held Harry’s hand as the two of them climbed onto the Hogwarts Express. Ginny was excited for her 5th year, she had been made a prefect, carrying on the Weasley tradition. Well, not everyone in her family had been a prefect, but it was certainly nothing new for her family.

The summer had been sweet bliss for her—Harry had finally come to his senses, and once he arrived at the Burrow after visiting his aunt and uncle, he had asked her out. Of course, they hadn’t been able to go out for the sake of Harry’s safety, but she had gladly accepted the role as his girlfriend—it was what she had wanted. Right?

Ginny smiled wistfully at Ron and Hermione, who had also finally come to their senses. They seemed so much happier than Ginny and Harry did though. Ginny hugged Harry and gave him a quick kiss before retreating to the prefect’s section of the train.

She felt bad leaving him alone—but there wasn’t much she could do about it. Besides, he was always ditching her for Hermione and Ron. They still never included Ginny in their secret meetings and covert plots. Ginny figured this was because Ron wanted to protect her while the three of them attempted to rid the world of evil single-handedly.

Ron didn’t seem to realize that she had grown up, and she was no longer the lovesick eleven year old who had spent a year writing to an evil diary. Ginny certainly felt more grown up—she had had her first boyfriend, Michael Corner, and now she had Harry. She had never really given up on Harry—it’s just that he never seemed to be interested until this summer. She had mostly gotten over him too, but she couldn’t resist him that one night when he had come into her room, needing comfort. She had given him a hug, and tried to console him, and when he started to kiss her—well, she didn’t resist too much.

Now they were going back to Hogwarts, and she had mixed feelings about the whole boyfriend thing. She had barely started to overcome all the rumours about her love for Harry at the end of last year, and now here she was, coming back with him at her side. She wasn’t even sure if it was how she wanted it to be anyway—he was sweet and all, but her relationship with him never seemed to have the spark that her brother and Hermione seemed to have.

Ginny sighed. As nice as Harry was, he seemed more like a brother than anything else. She had a feeling her relationship with him wouldn’t be long-lived. Especially if he kept up his crazed mood swings. He was always moping or angry, and when he wasn’t one of those two, he was off plotting some crazy plan with Hermione and Ron.

Hermione did her best to tell Ginny the happenings of the secret meetings of the Golden Trio, but Ginny still felt as though Harry cared more about Hermione and Ron than his own girlfriend. She knew it was true though, she just didn’t want to admit it. It was just hard to be torn between whether to stay with him because she had wanted it for so long, or to break it off, because it obviously not what she had originally wanted.

Ginny walked through the doorway to the prefect’s compartment, which was packed with the prefects from all four houses. She rolled her eyes at the other fifth year prefects, who were excited talking about how thrilled they were to have been chosen. Ginny went and sat down in the opposite corner from her brother, who was currently so distracted by staring at Hermione that he hardly noticed anything.

Ginny sighed audibly and curled up into a little ball in the corner and stared intently out the window. Just then she noticed a cloaked figure on the bench opposite her. She stared at it for a moment, trying to figure out who the figure under the hood was. Suddenly, the figure shifted and cold grey eyes met her own warm chocolate eyes as Draco Malfoy pulled off his hood and returned her gaze with an icy stare.

Ginny shuddered—he was so horrible. Why did he have to stare at her like that? She glared back and gave him the fiercest look she could muster, not wanting him to get the satisfaction of knowing that he was scaring her a little. However, about ten seconds into her glare, the door to the compartment banged open as this years Head Boy and Girl walked in to deliver a speech about upholding Hogwarts rules and responsibility.

Ginny broke off her gaze and listened half-heartedly to the speech, finding her thoughts drifting off to other things. Like Harry. Ginny wondered what he was doing right now… Probably moping. She rolled her eyes. He needed to get a grip and pull himself out of his funk, because she was getting severely annoyed with his moods. Not everything needed to be about him—she had feelings too.

Now that she thought about it, she wasn’t sure if he had ever asked how she was feeling. It was all about him. Ginny pressed her forehead against the cold glass of the window and let her vision blur as the countryside zipped by.


~*~


Ginny ran down the hallway—it was her first day of class, and she was nearly late for her first Potions class of the year. She had forgotten her quill in Gryffindor Tower, and she had run all the way back for it. Ginny grabbed onto the wall to steady herself as she whipped around the corner—right into someone else.

Ginny found herself sprawled on the ground, almost pushed up against the chest of a lean, muscular male body. She smiled and closed her eyes as she took in the scent of his cologne. Suddenly—

“Why don’t you and your Muggle-loving self learn how to pay attention in the hallways,” Ginny heard an icy voice say angrily. Ginny quickly grabbed her stuff off the floor and stood up as fast as she could. She saw a slightly rumpled Draco Malfoy sitting on the floor, glaring at her.

He picked himself up regally, and brushed the imaginary dust off of his robes. There was a strand of red hair on the front of his robes, and he picked it off with great disgust and dropped it in her direction. “You can have this back,” he started, “you should start a collection of that hideous hair—you could make a wig and sell it to support your pathetic family.”

He stared at her as though she was the worst piece of scum to ever walk the planet. Ginny glared back, and without any verbal response to Draco’s insults, she pushed past him and flounced down the hallway, knocking him into the wall in the process.

Draco stared after her, shocked. No one treated him like that and got away with it. He glared at her back, but she never turned around. Draco turned around, fuming, and stormed off down the hallway towards his class.

That Weasley really was something—no one stood up to him like that. He touched his shoulder where she had shoved him. He smirked slightly as he strode down the hall, staring all the first years into submission. He was Draco Malfoy, everyone either feared him, or admired him. Or both. He would show that Weasley. Just wait.


~*~


Ginny stood up on the Astronomy Tower in the middle of the night. She loved being a prefect—of course, she was supposed to be patrolling the hallways, but no one would notice if she stopped to look at the stars and get a little air.

Hogwarts life in the first week had been noticeably more subdued than her previous four years. The reality of Voldemort had finally sunk in, and people were spending more time in the library trying to learn defense spells, rather than sneaking out around the castle in the middle of the night. Ginny didn’t care—it only made her patrols easier.

Ginny leaned over the edge of the wall, letting her arms dangle towards the ground. She loved the feeling of being so high in the air; it felt so peaceful. Actually, the Astronomy Tower itself was very calm and relaxing. Ginny wished she could touch the stars.

Ginny laid down on her back, gazing up on the stars. She hugged herself, dreaming that someday she could come up here with someone she loved and enjoy the stars in perfect peace and solitude.

Suddenly, she heard a sneeze to her left. She sat up quickly, looking all around, but no one was there. She cautiously put her hand into her pocket and grasped her wand, preparing to attack. She carefully crept towards where the sound had come from.

Her foot ran into something solid, but there was nothing there. She kicked the invisible something, and she felt it try to move away from her, but she felt a pressure under her foot, as though she was stepping on something attached to the creature. Unexpectedly, a dark robed figure emerged from under an invisibility cloak.

“Get your Weasley filth off of my cloak,” she heard Malfoy spit out coldly. Ginny stood there, still shocked at the sudden appearance of her greatest enemy. Malfoy pushed her backwards lightly, and she stepped off the invisibility cloak as she tried to regain her balance. He grabbed the cloak and tucked it inside his robes as he swept over to the ledge of the Tower.

Regaining her composure, Ginny turned to the back of the retreating Malfoy, “why are you sneaking around? You’re a prefect, you’re allowed to be out at night.” She waited expectantly for a response, but he said nothing.

He didn’t seem to be doing anything, just looking out into the distance inattentively. Fighting all her urges to just run away and go back to Gryffindor Tower to avoid all unnecessary confrontation with the Slytherin king, she slowly crept up behind him, utilizing all of the Gryffindor bravery she could muster.

“Are you okay?” she asked cautiously—he seemed so alone, and she was curious. He whipped his head around and stared at her with a blank expression on his face, but his grey eyes were stone cold and seemed to be staring straight through her. Then, his traditional smirk curled onto his face and his eyes narrowed.

“What is a little Gryffindor like you doing sneaking around in the middle of the night? What if the Dark Lord shows up? Potty wouldn’t be able to come save you in time,” he said with an aura of superiority. Ginny glared at him in return.

“I’m not a little Gryffindor anymore—I’m a prefect, and I have every right to be up here with you if I want to,” Ginny spat out, before thinking about it and realizing that what she said made it sound as though she was with him because she wanted to be with him. Well, she wasn’t running away, but she certainly wasn’t about to buddy up with the nasty Slytherin. Draco looked at her, glancing up and down her body, making Ginny feel very uncomfortable.

“You’re right,” he said, “you’re not little anymore,” he stated simply, before turning his gaze towards the lake. He seemed to be entranced by the moonlight reflecting off of the rippling water of the lake.

Ginny felt herself blush as she tried to work out what he just said. Was he referring to her… She looked down at her secondhand robes, tight in some places, accentuating certain parts of her body. She suddenly felt very self-conscious. She felt almost violated, in a way. She tried to think of something to say to him, but found herself at a loss for words.

She briefly contemplated going back to Gryffindor Tower, but then decided against it. Malfoy didn’t seem like he was out to get her. She leaned up against the wall next to him, feeling the cool breeze against her face.

She reached her arms out towards the horizon, and shut her eyes as she took in the evening and tried to forget all her troubles. She didn’t have very many , but she didn’t have anyone to talk about her troubles with, so she found that the best way for her to relieve herself was to spend some quality time by herself.

She supposed she could tell Harry, but he seemed to be entirely wrapped up in his own problems these days, and she knew he could care less about her. He had sat with her at dinner twice in the last week before running off to meet Hermione and Ron somewhere. He had also asked her to Hogsmeade, but the first Hogsmeade trip wasn’t for a few weeks.

They had a couple evening snogging sessions, but they just didn’t seem like anything to Ginny. It seemed like—well, it seemed like nothing. It seemed like he was just using her to pass the time while Hermione and Ron were enjoying their moments together. She didn’t feel any passion between her and Harry—she had even felt more welcome when she was with Michael Corner.

Ginny sighed. She was tired, maybe she would just go to sleep and think about this in the morning. She started to lean forward, before realized she was still leaning off the edge of the Astronomy Tower. She shrieked as she tried to regain her balance.

Suddenly, she felt a strong arm grasp her shoulder and pull her back onto the floor of the Tower. She looked up into the eyes of Draco Malfoy, but now, he didn’t seem so distant. She looked at him curiously, as he gazed at her with an expression that Ginny could only describe as concern. It was strange to see such expression on his face.

“Are you okay?” he asked, his voice a mixture of concern and a certain resigned formality, as though he was only talking to her because he had to. Ginny cocked her head to the side and gave him a sheepish smile.

“I was just… thinking…” she started, trailing off as she noticed that Malfoy was holding her firmly by the shoulders and looking in her eyes, as if searching for something. His eyes seemed like endless oceans of grey. She almost became entranced in their mystery…

“Well—“ he said firmly, straightening up and crossing his arms across his chest, “try not to dream too much about Potter while you’re hanging over the edge of a very tall tower.” He rolled his eyes and started towards the stairs.

“Wait—“ Ginny started as she chased Malfoy. She grabbed his arm from the back, and he turned to face her. “Thank you,” she said quietly, looking him in the eye, but glancing down as he met her gaze.

Malfoy nodded his head curtly, and then looked at her for a moment longer, staring at the flustered Ginny. She was actually pretty cute when she was all flustered… And when she was mad, he remembered…

He felt himself involuntarily move a little closer to her, feeling the energy from her warm body. He reached out and touched her chin, pointing it upwards towards his face. She seemed frightened by the gesture, but she made no move to run away...

He could almost feel her warm, shallow breaths upon his face. He felt his pants tighten uncomfortably as he gazed into her warm chocolate eyes, looking into the depths of her soul. He tried to search for what possessed him to do this right now, and he wondered why she was still standing here. Her face was moving closer to his—she seemed to need him as much as he needed someone—needed her…

Suddenly, it dawned on him on what he was about to do, and he broke away, grabbing his invisibility cloak and pulling it over his head in one swift movement as he fled down the stairs and back to the hallways.

Ginny fell to her knees as she stared though the stairwell where Draco had fled. She couldn’t believe that she had wanted to kiss him so badly. For some reason, it seemed to her that he could fix all her problems. He seemed real in those moments when he had saved her on the tower. He wasn’t hiding behind his mask of superiority—it seemed as though he had genuinely cared. But then—then he had left. Gone.



Thanks for reading!! More to come if people like it!!
Leave a Review